Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

why would any parent bring a gun to a little league game ??/

Posted by   + Show Post

Little League halts season after parent fires gun at tee-ball game

1 hr ago

Raffling off assault rifles at Little League events isn't going to be too lucrative if parents are already bringing their own firearms. The North Vallejo Little League in California has suspended play after the report of a parent firing shots into the vehicle of a parent from an opposing team. "How do you bring a gun to a tee-ball game?" wondered Anthony Spears, whose son Andrew plays. League vice president Calvin Wells said gunfire has been heard near the field before and after the incident, and an emergency meeting has been called to decide the fate of the season. "I'd rather lose a season than lose a kid," he said. [Source]

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
so what you would you use to protect your family? All those 4 letter words? Thanks, I would rather have a gun. Talk about people with watermelon sized balls, does it make you feel better to speak like that when you are anonymous on the internet. I would be curious as to whether you actually speak like that in real life. I am just curious.
Quoting turtle68:

Its what happens when you have a weapon and you are a angry motherfucker....your balls grow to watermelons.

Take away the gun and you have an angry motherfucker that can get his arsed kicked by the rest of the parents....your balls shrink and hide

IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM

They do it because they have paranoiddelusions about rapists, robbers and secret Government agents hiding behind every corner waiting to get them or that they will someone be the one to pull out their weapon and single-handedly stop a massacre from happening. Ever notice the majority of gun-nuts are religious? It's that arrogance that fuels their belief that a god cares about them and that bad guys are out to get them. It's all about ME ME ME. I have the Right and therefore I'm going to tote my damn gun to the dog show, the little league game, the zoo AND church!

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Her posts kinda made me LOL because the other day I was standing in line at the store when a gentleman walked in with a Glock on his hip. The lady in front of me eyes got as big and she looked at me and said omg can you believe him just walking in ARMED I can't believe that someone should call the police. I looked at her and said actually we live in a open carry state what he is doing is perfectly legal. What she didn't know is I had not 1 but 2 weapons on me at the time. I had my usual carry and one in my purse as I was just coming from the range and needed to stop by the store on the way home. What lga doesn't understand is my conceal carrying has nothing to do with hiding or being secretive. I just don't want to deal with ignorance like her and the lady in the store.

Quoting candlegal:

and that is putting it nicely, lol, which is more than she usually does.
Quoting soonergirl980:

You are so grossly ignorant of guns and their owners. You show it over and over and over again.

Quoting lga1965:

The concept of "concealed carry" just blows my mind. It sounds sneaky, secretive, as if they know they have a gun but they are hiding it. And ,if so, there's something wrong with having that gun in public. ANYWHERE. Particularly in a group with children.

Do these people with the conceal carry permits have a fear of danger wherever they go so they are armed in case of something bad happening? What a sad , stressful life they have if they think they have to always " be prepared". 

IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Quoting candlegal:

so what you would you use to protect your family? All those 4 letter words? Thanks, I would rather have a gun. Talk about people with watermelon sized balls, does it make you feel better to speak like that when you are anonymous on the internet. I would be curious as to whether you actually speak like that in real life. I am just curious.
Quoting turtle68:

Its what happens when you have a weapon and you are a angry motherfucker....your balls grow to watermelons.

Take away the gun and you have an angry motherfucker that can get his arsed kicked by the rest of the parents....your balls shrink and hide

How did people protect their families before guns? It WAS done you know... and that means it can STILL be done. Your gun is NOT necessary for ANYTHING, you just want it to be.

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

They clubbed them to death or beat them with a hammer, which by the way they are still doing.  More people die every year by clubs and hammers than do by rifles.   I don't own a gun but the people I live with do and I will let them protect me if anything ever happens.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting turtle68:

How did people protect their families before guns? It WAS done you know... and that means it can STILL be done. Your gun is NOT necessary for ANYTHING, you just want it to be.

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Her responses always give me food for laughter on a daily basis. I almost look forward to them.
Quoting soonergirl980:

Her posts kinda made me LOL because the other day I was standing in line at the store when a gentleman walked in with a Glock on his hip. The lady in front of me eyes got as big and she looked at me and said omg can you believe him just walking in ARMED I can't believe that someone should call the police. I looked at her and said actually we live in a open carry state what he is doing is perfectly legal. What she didn't know is I had not 1 but 2 weapons on me at the time. I had my usual carry and one in my purse as I was just coming from the range and needed to stop by the store on the way home. What lga doesn't understand is my conceal carrying has nothing to do with hiding or being secretive. I just don't want to deal with ignorance like her and the lady in the store.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting soonergirl980:

You are so grossly ignorant of guns and their owners. You show it over and over and over again.

Quoting lga1965:

The concept of "concealed carry" just blows my mind. It sounds sneaky, secretive, as if they know they have a gun but they are hiding it. And ,if so, there's something wrong with having that gun in public. ANYWHERE. Particularly in a group with children.

Do these people with the conceal carry permits have a fear of danger wherever they go so they are armed in case of something bad happening? What a sad , stressful life they have if they think they have to always " be prepared". 

IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Quoting candlegal:

They clubbed them to death or beat them with a hammer, which by the way they are still doing.  More people die every year by clubs and hammers than do by rifles.   I don't own a gun but the people I live with do and I will let them protect me if anything ever happens.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting turtle68:

When discussing guns, I'm not just talking about the people who die, I'm talking about the people who are wounded or have crimes committed against them at gun point, stores that are robbed, banks that are robbed, women who are raped, kids that are abducted... I'm talking about GUN VIOLENCE, not just death by guns.

When's the last time someone held up a 7-11 with a tree branch? When's the last time someone was car-jacked with a golf club? When was the last time a woman was raped at hammer-point?

By the way, what you said made me think of something. Look at this:  http://murderpedia.org/male.N/n/nixon-robert.htm. How would you like to be forever known as BRICK MORON? lol.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting turtle68:

When discussing guns, I'm not just talking about the people who die, I'm talking about the people who are wounded or have crimes committed against them at gun point, stores that are robbed, banks that are robbed, women who are raped, kids that are abducted... I'm talking about GUN VIOLENCE, not just death by guns.

When's the last time someone held up a 7-11 with a tree branch? When's the last time someone was car-jacked with a golf club? When was the last time a woman was raped at hammer-point?

By the way, what you said made me think of something. Look at this:  http://murderpedia.org/male.N/n/nixon-robert.htm. How would you like to be forever known as BRICK MORON? lol.

Is being raped at knife point the same?  Because that happened yesterday.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Quoting candlegal:

Her responses always give me food for laughter on a daily basis. I almost look forward to them.
Quoting soonergirl980:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting soonergirl980:

Quoting lga1965:

Well, her comments may make you laugh but she brings up a few good points. Besides being confronted with 'ignorant non-gun owners', why the need to carry a concealed weapon? Just because it's your right to own and carry one, do you really believe you should be allowed to take it where ever you want or do you feel there are some places where it shouldn't be allowed? Why do you think your right to have and carry a gun trumps other people's rights to not die accidentally or on purpose with it?

IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting turtle68:

Is being raped at knife point the same?  Because that happened yesterday.

She was talking about blunt objects.

I'd be interested to see knife violence compared to gun violence though... with some stats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN