Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why would any parent bring a gun to a little league game ??/

Posted by   + Show Post

Little League halts season after parent fires gun at tee-ball game

1 hr ago

Raffling off assault rifles at Little League events isn't going to be too lucrative if parents are already bringing their own firearms. The North Vallejo Little League in California has suspended play after the report of a parent firing shots into the vehicle of a parent from an opposing team. "How do you bring a gun to a tee-ball game?" wondered Anthony Spears, whose son Andrew plays. League vice president Calvin Wells said gunfire has been heard near the field before and after the incident, and an emergency meeting has been called to decide the fate of the season. "I'd rather lose a season than lose a kid," he said. [Source]

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Replies (81-81):
highlandmum
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Being Canadian I will never understand the fascination with guns in the USA.  To me it is extreme to have a gun with you in your house let alone to carry one with you at all times.  It makes me nervous reading posts like these as my DH travels a lot to the USA.  I cannot understand why anyone would want to bring a gun to a child's T-Ball game, to me these are events where this should not cross anyone's mind.  At the sports events I feel safe, and the only thing I care about is watching my children enjoy the game.  It makes me nervous to think that next year we are going to Detroit to attend a hockey tournament.  I will now be looking at the parents of the US teams in a different light, thinking wonder if they are carrying a gun?  Not something in my mind I would think about at a game.  In my opinion there are places guns do not belong - and top of the list would be any event involving children.

Now keep in mind I am Canadian where many guns are either classified as prohibitedor restricted.  Carry a concealed handgun here and you can guarantee you are being charged with a weapons offense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured