Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This is awesome

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
4 moms liked this

One of the less publicized impressions from yesterday's stand-off. A family with young children in Watertown was out of milk during the lock down ...

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM

:)

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

LOVE IT

jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Oh that is awesome.

But he should have been wearing kevlar on his noggin as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:53 AM

These guys are awesome! No doubt. ;>

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Boston takes care of their own :o)

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I've said it in another thread, I love this photo. It's so sweet and so contradictory, not at all what you'd expect seeing a grown man fully decked out in swat team gear.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I was thinking about that. What if a young family needed formula, milk or diapers and couldn't get to the store -- especially if the stores were all closed.  Glad the lock down is over.  

rfurlongg
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Mass did a great job during that ordeal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Yep. The last thing you expected was to see a fully-armed swat team member carrying gallons of milk through the yard. LOL 

I want to know where he got the milk, though, if all the stores were closed down. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM

The store owners were probably told to stay inside as well as the homeowners, and lock up. There were quite a few hours that nobody was allowed to drive, so the store owners may not have been able to leave and go home. My friend works across from the Hancock Bldg, and when they were sending everyone from there to a shelter, she grabbed her things and went out to her car. She took all back roads, so as not to have to go through Watertown, etc, but got stopped and checked 3 times.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Yep. The last thing you expected was to see a fully-armed swat team member carrying gallons of milk through the yard. LOL 

I want to know where he got the milk, though, if all the stores were closed down. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)