Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Its more than computer screens

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this

We are people.  I have mourned ladies from this site, 3 of them:(  Please dont say its only a computer screen.  It is far too minimizing of the humanity that connects us all.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs to you my friend.  <3

SpiritedWitch
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM
3 moms liked this

I've made many friends on "just this computer screen" that I would not have ever met in real life because we live so far away from each other. So, no it is not "just a computer screen" and I feel sad for those who view it as such. It's a window to the world BUT it should NOT be your ONLY window/friend. 

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

I've made many friends on "just this computer screen" that I would not have ever met in real life because we live so far away from each other. So, no it is not "just a computer screen" and I feel sad for those who view it as such. It's a window to the world BUT it should NOT be your ONLY window/friend. 

To be sure!

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Themis_Defleo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
(((Hugs)))

I'm far more than a computer screen. So are the people I care about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Quoting Themis_Defleo:

(((Hugs)))

I'm far more than a computer screen. So are the people I care about.

(((HUGS)))

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I'm not sure what's going on but you can meet really nice people online.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Nothings really going on but there are a few threads on the board where people have made the statement and I felt the need to speak against it. 

As far as mourning I saw a post about a departed member on fb today and it drove home the human component of this forum to me.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Did someone pass away?

((hugs))
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this
You answered my question. I am not an emotional person. After losing my Dad, I have to admit, I do not get upset easily for people I never met. I might feel bad but not personal.. If that makes sense.

I never got very close with anyone on the internet I never met but that is just my personality. Though the longer I am on here the more "friendly" I feel towards a few

Quoting survivorinohio:

Nothings really going on but there are a few threads on the board where people have made the statement and I felt the need to speak against it. 

As far as mourning I saw a post about a departed member on fb today and it drove home the human component of this forum to me.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Not recently, I just saw a post on fb that reminded me.  And glitters friends loss :(

Thank you, I am good, I just needed to speak on the human factor here :)

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Did someone pass away?

((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)