Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, that gun must've been loaded then? you just shot your floor...

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I don't get involved with gun debates, I have no dog in that fight. I understand and agree with both sides of the argument. I'm not a big fan of guns but I'm not uncomfortable with them and am more than familiar with how to use them.I have been contemplating purchasing one over the past few months, not out of fear, but I'm a single woman that lives alone, I've taken self defense classes and could fend someone off (hopefully) if they attacked me on the street, but if I was surprised in my home, I'd like the added protection. None of this was decided out of fear but just the bigger picture. I have a friend who's trying to sell a few hand guns, so I went yesterday to look and see which ones I felt comfortable holding and most at ease with. I watched her empty out the guns and she passed them off to me. The last one was, I believe, a 40 cal, she picked it up, pointed at her floor,and "dry" shot the gun, except my ears were freaking ringing afterwards. I looked at her and said, "so, I guess that one was still loaded?". Her, "and that's why you always point down at the ground, even during dry shots." That's all fine and well, but my foot was down there and I need that as much as my other extremities. Now, I understand how gun accidents happen , this doesn't change my views on guns, I just won't be purchasing one any more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sherry132
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I read that and laughed. Not at what happened but at your sarcastic way of putting it. 

I'm glad no one was hurt. I agree with you all the way. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I want to laugh but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't. I do not own a gun but I do own a taser gun. Perhaps you would be more comfortable with one of those? Carpy really can give you great advice about this. 

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM

winkLOL.

luckystars2012
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Your friend is right, even if you think a gun isn't loaded you always point it at the floor.
ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I actually laughed at the situation and out of shock. What the hell? How do you forget that last bullet?

Quoting sherry132:

I read that and laughed. Not at what happened but at your sarcastic way of putting it. 

luckystars2012
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
It can happen. I knew a guyone who shot buckshot through his living room floor into his garage below. He was an idiot though.

Quoting ashellbell:

I actually laughed at the situation and out of shock. What the hell? How do you forget that last bullet?

Quoting sherry132:

greenie63
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Is she paying for your floor to repaired? I hope so! Glad no one had their foot in the way. 

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM
It's ok to laugh. I'm laughing now. I have a stun gun already, I had just wanted something a little more. But I'm accident prone, after seeing how easy this can happen, I'm out on that lol.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I want to laugh but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't. I do not own a gun but I do own a taser gun. Perhaps you would be more comfortable with one of those? Carpy really can give you great advice about this. 

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this
It was her floor, luckily.

Quoting greenie63:

Is she paying for your floor to repaired? I hope so! Glad no one had their foot in the way. 

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Oh, I'm aware. My parents are cops, I'm knowledgeable on gun safety lol.

Quoting luckystars2012:

Your friend is right, even if you think a gun isn't loaded you always point it at the floor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured