Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

To those who have posted anything resembling sympathy for the 19 year old terror suspect ("brainwashed" by his brother?), this pic should horrify you into reality.

It appears to show little Martin, about to be killed, standing right next to the backpack bomb that a smirking Tsarnaev in the white cap has just placed next to the boy and his mother and sister (who were both horribly injured). Think about the kind of evil it took to intentionally place a bomb at the feet of this beautiful young family.
 I am sickened.  I hope you are too. 

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Replies (281-288):
chloedee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM

We knew this was going to happen when we allowed Dzhokhar in as a little boy a decade ago? How is that?

Quoting Imacakebaker:

We let the devils in, knowing what is going to happen.

What happened was pure evil

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I have.  They WERE brainwashed.  That's the whole problem.  That's usually what happens when someone is radicalized.  Saying so does NOT equate to sympathy in the slightest.  The Manson family was brainwashed, and extremely effectively so according to criminologists.    Nobody denies that.  We haven't shown sympathy for them, and similarly I don't see any sympathy for these guys.  None. 

If you can find me a SINGLE post in this group, or on CM in general, where someone says the surviving bomber should receive anything less than the death penalty or life without parole, I'll be stunned.  I'll wager that you cannot. 

That being the case, what is the point of trying to create an "us versus them" atmosphere here?  Seems decidedly nonproductive.   

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Who has expressed sympathy for these guys? Seems like a post that is looking for problems, which I find somewhat hypocritical Poods since that is something you often take issue with with other posters.

I guess you've not read all the posts this past week---plenty have expressed sympathy for these poor baby faced boys.  Poor brainwashed things. 

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Is this another conspiracy theory?  Please elaborate.  Why did we let this ten year old in knowing what was going to happen?  FFS.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Ignore her, she's pure nuts.

Quoting shannonnigans:

Is this another conspiracy theory?  Please elaborate.  Why did we let this ten year old in knowing what was going to happen?  FFS.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

She would have loved the Third Reich.

Quoting Euphoric:

Ignore her, she's pure nuts.

Quoting shannonnigans:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Diane1223
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I couldn't agree with you more!
jadA0
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:20 AM

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:37 AM

And kitty, you put your finger on the important point. How does anyone become radicalized? That's the real question. Not sympathy.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

This is why we are having discussions of sympathy, instead of discussions on how the bombers became radicalized Muslims. 

Quoting iilove:

Because he is Muslim. People are so afraid to be unethical, they seem to close their eyes on everything Islam is doing to our world. If he was a white Christian(or any other religion) no one would of feel bad for  the monster. 

I know I'll get bashed for this, but I'm not afraid to tell the truth. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN