Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

*Sort of a Hunger Games Spin off...

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 19 Replies

Any fans out there?  These were some of the best books I have ever read.  I enjoy the way they made me think. The movie was good too.  Looking forward to the next movie. 

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM

The ads for the movie looked intriguing, but I haven't seen it yet. No interest in reading it.

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

The movie was pretty good.  One great thing about the movie was that you don't have to have read the book to be able to follow it. 

Quoting LindaClement:

The ads for the movie looked intriguing, but I haven't seen it yet. No interest in reading it.

K311y0hh
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Looooved them all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Really enjoyed the books and got my husband to watch the first movie with me...he was really shocked at how much he enjoyed it!

motherslove82
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the Hunger Games books and can't wait for the next movie. šŸ˜Š
Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I loved the books! Once I started them, I think I finished them in a matter of days. As usual, I don't think the movie was as good as the book, but I still enjoyed the movie. Definitely looking forward to the next one!

I also enjoyed reading/watching City of Ember. At some point I need to finish that series. I guess I'm just drawn to post-apocalyptic sci-fi!

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I read all the books in one week. I loved the first movie. My girls and I love the series
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Loved, loved, loved the series.

Really enjoyed the movie.

Am looking forward to November!

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Quoting Erinelizz:

I loved the books! Once I started them, I think I finished them in a matter of days. As usual, I don't think the movie was as good as the book, but I still enjoyed the movie. Definitely looking forward to the next one!

I also enjoyed reading/watching
City of Ember. At some point I need to finish that series. I guess I'm just drawn to post-apocalyptic sci-fi!

FINALLY another adult who has seen this. I haven't read the series yet, but my daughter has all 4 books! 

This movie was excellent and Lydia (my daughter) LOVES the books. She's always talking about what she read before going to sleep at breakfast! 

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I enjoyed the Hunger Games trilogy. I want my husband to read them but I think he thinks they're a twilighty or something. 

My daughter has even tried getting him to read them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)