Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Teachers are to teach not to raise your children

Posted by   + Show Post

It seems to me that parents are expecting teachers to actually raise their child/children. They complain when problems in their house happens with their children that have nothing to do with school but they still think that the teachers should get involved.  Here is an idea, don't let your preteens text or get on facebook that is where a lot of the drama starts.  We cannot discipline a child for something that happens at night at the house, I have my own house to deal with at the end of the day I sure do not need a bunch of drama queens to deal with.  Sorry rough day at school.

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Replies (221-221):
gammie
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM

You are right after school hours it the parents who are in charge!!!

Quoting marinequeen:

We have a female student who has been known to be dishonest, needless to say she comes from a my child can do no wrong type of parent.  She complained that two boys had been sexting her at 10 at night, should be in bed, and that she had nothing to do with it.  We talked to the boys only to find out they had different stories when confronted she denied it all.  Well things got heated and the father of one of the boy brought in his boys phone with the texts on them, she had been taunting them and also was saying that because she was a girl that we would believe her.  Well, we took care of that one, which had nothing to do with school only to turn around again and have more problems, this time about a sleepover, this is not a school issue yet the parents say we should discipline these other girls with detentions, ugh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)