Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Teachers are to teach not to raise your children

Posted by   + Show Post

It seems to me that parents are expecting teachers to actually raise their child/children. They complain when problems in their house happens with their children that have nothing to do with school but they still think that the teachers should get involved.  Here is an idea, don't let your preteens text or get on facebook that is where a lot of the drama starts.  We cannot discipline a child for something that happens at night at the house, I have my own house to deal with at the end of the day I sure do not need a bunch of drama queens to deal with.  Sorry rough day at school.

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Replies (41-50):
marinequeen
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I have very open communications with the parents and the chidren, I probably know more about your kids then you do. If we were in teaching to get rich that is pretty ridiculous, adding up the hours of 6 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon oh and not to mention the coaching of sports, the teaching of choir, the correcting of papers and the numerous science and/or arts fairs on the weekends after all is said and done we make about 1.74 an hour, yea I'm in it for the money

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Well sometimes this kids listen more to their teacher than the parents. I'm talking pre-k and kinder level. I know for a fact the some prek kids respect their teacher more than the parents. I think its nice that we as parents can have a open communication with the teachers. Some teachers view their jobs as a paycheck others view it as a opportunity to make a difference.

Quoting desertlvn:

That's outrageous. 

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Well dd is in kindergarten and if she won't behave at home ( mostly doesn't want to do hw or read) I do tell the teacher. The teacher doesn't mind talking to her and I have seen teachers take away play time at the parents request for bad behavior at home.(mostly pre-k students)

kaylasmom22
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Well if you thought I meant the comment for you then it must have hit a soft spot. I never said you I said some teachers,I don't even know you to make that assumption. Jeez

Quoting marinequeen:

I have very open communications with the parents and the chidren, I probably know more about your kids then you do. If we were in teaching to get rich that is pretty ridiculous, adding up the hours of 6 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon oh and not to mention the coaching of sports, the teaching of choir, the correcting of papers and the numerous science and/or arts fairs on the weekends after all is said and done we make about 1.74 an hour, yea I'm in it for the money

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Well sometimes this kids listen more to their teacher than the parents. I'm talking pre-k and kinder level. I know for a fact the some prek kids respect their teacher more than the parents. I think its nice that we as parents can have a open communication with the teachers. Some teachers view their jobs as a paycheck others view it as a opportunity to make a difference.

Quoting desertlvn:

That's outrageous. 

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Well dd is in kindergarten and if she won't behave at home ( mostly doesn't want to do hw or read) I do tell the teacher. The teacher doesn't mind talking to her and I have seen teachers take away play time at the parents request for bad behavior at home.(mostly pre-k students)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I think some of this is because some people are too scared or do not know how to approach other parents any more, so they use the school as the middle man.  If something happens on Facebook the parent should contact the other child's parents and discuss things.

godsgirl26
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I promise you...I am NOT that mom! I can't tand the type.
marinequeen
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Not a soft spot kiddo but you cannot post that people are in the teaching profession for just a paycheck.  We put more heart into our profession and we carry those childrens faces and stories with us until the day we die.  How can I say that, my dad was also a teacher and when he died suddenly former students from as long as thirty years ago sent notes as to how he changed their lives.  Teachers in are for money are stupid because the money is just not there!  P.S. yes I said stupid, man am I tired.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Well if you thought I meant the comment for you then it must have hit a soft spot. I never said you I said some teachers,I don't even know you to make that assumption. Jeez

Quoting marinequeen:

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting desertlvn:

That's outrageous. 

Quoting kaylasmom22:

kaylasmom22
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I said SOME,have you not seen the multiple videos of teaching abusing their power. I have and I have heard from many parents where the teacher is not helping. I guess you know every teacher out there,good for you. I guess stupid is assuming one comment was meant for you when it clearly said some.SOME,SOME. As a teacher you should know the meaning of the word SOME.

Quoting marinequeen:

Not a soft spot kiddo but you cannot post that people are in the teaching profession for just a paycheck.  We put more heart into our profession and we carry those childrens faces and stories with us until the day we die.  How can I say that, my dad was also a teacher and when he died suddenly former students from as long as thirty years ago sent notes as to how he changed their lives.  Teachers in are for money are stupid because the money is just not there!  P.S. yes I said stupid, man am I tired.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting marinequeen:

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting desertlvn:

That's outrageous. 

Quoting kaylasmom22:

marinequeen
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Are there teachers that you personally know in it for just the money you seem very bitter towards them,sorry for you then.  I am not trying to come off as crazy, sorry if I am but good Lord these situatiions are just unbelievable, I feel like I am in  soap opera and I hate soap operas.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

I said SOME,have you not seen the multiple videos of teaching abusing their power. I have and I have heard from many parents where the teacher is not helping. I guess you know every teacher out there,good for you. I guess stupid is assuming one comment was meant for you when it clearly said some.SOME,SOME. As a teacher you should know the meaning of the word SOME.

Quoting marinequeen:

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting marinequeen:

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting desertlvn:

That's outrageous. 

Quoting kaylasmom22:

kaylasmom22
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Lol@bitter. I have one dd and she is in kinder so not bitter at all. I have read and heard from friends about it. Hell I have seen post here about it.

Quoting marinequeen:

Are there teachers that you personally know in it for just the money you seem very bitter towards them,sorry for you then.  I am not trying to come off as crazy, sorry if I am but good Lord these situatiions are just unbelievable, I feel like I am in  soap opera and I hate soap operas.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting marinequeen:

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting marinequeen:

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting desertlvn:

That's outrageous. 

Quoting kaylasmom22:

marinequeen
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Hearing about it and reading about it are totally different than actually having a first hand experience, btw I used to teach kindergarten and preschool, fun age.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Lol@bitter. I have one dd and she is in kinder so not bitter at all. I have read and heard from friends about it. Hell I have seen post here about it.

Quoting marinequeen:

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting marinequeen:

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting marinequeen:

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting desertlvn:

That's outrageous. 

Quoting kaylasmom22:

lga1965
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Yay, I hear ya! By the time a child goes to school, their parents should have raised them to be respectful, polite and quiet in class so that they can learn and the teacher can TEACH, not have to make him behave.

There  is an "inside voice"....we taught our kids to speak in a normal or quiet voice inside, at home and in school. we taught them to not interrupt, to ask permission , to say please and thank you and not be pushy. We didn't yell or cuss or act agressively in front of our children or with others either. (Children need role models who are respectable people, not high maintenance people who have meltdowns and use bad langauge.)They did well all the way through school. Their teachers didn't have to raise them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)