Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

An 8th grader, in my home town, was handcuffed and hauled off to jail for wearing this

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Replies (21-30):
lga1965
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Well of course you would approve of a shirt that advertises guns and the NRA. Disgusting. Hoodlums.

Quoting candlegal:

Of course you would think that, lol

Quoting lga1965:

I want to know why his parents allowed him to.have the shirt in the first place. There is a problem there.

The school needs to discuss that with the parents who are obviously doing a poor job raising their kid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiesthatbind
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

i don't see anything wrong with it ~ no naked pic on the shirt or cuss words ~ so whats so wrong ?

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this

laughing

Quoting lga1965:

Well of course you would approve of a shirt that advertises guns and the NRA. Disgusting. Hoodlums.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting lga1965:

I want to know why his parents allowed him to.have the shirt in the first place. There is a problem there.

The school needs to discuss that with the parents who are obviously doing a poor job raising their kid.

krysstizzle
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM

This. All of it and exactly.

Quoting Raintree:

1- Students should not be arrested unless they're posing some kind of imminent threat. Like, if they BRING a gun to school. Schools aren't jails and I'm sick of the blending that seems to be happening. 

2- If images of guns aren't banned, too bad for the school. Follow the rules, if the rules are there to follow. This one wasn't.

3- The parents should have been called IF there had actually been an item in the handbook pertaining to wearing images of guns.

4- Since when is debating something we call the police for?

lga1965
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Well THAt was jumping to a conclusion and being a wingnut at the same time.
I believe in the constitution but too many people misinterpret it.
Because they're not very bright.

Quoting tnmomofive:

What? Why is it a problem? Because you do not think the right to have firearms should be in our Constitution? Well so sad..so sorry too bad.

As for the OP If there are rules against that type of stuff on clothing than the boy should have followed the rules but having him arrested is overkill.

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this

So tell us how it should be interepted...

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting tnmomofive:

What? Why is it a problem? Because you do not think the right to have firearms should be in our Constitution? Well so sad..so sorry too bad.

As for the OP If there are rules against that type of stuff on clothing than the boy should have followed the rules but having him arrested is overkill.

Quoting lga1965:

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM
3 moms liked this

But see...while YOU are expressing an opinion, he's expressing a legal right. You and this teacher are putting your feelings on the matter on a higher level than his legal right to free speech about a constitutional right. He didn't bring a gun to school and pictures of guns are not forbidden by school policy.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting lga1965:

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

lga1965
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM
And they don't care if their kid breaks a rule,obviously. A shirt that advertises has no place at school and they had a policy about that . But it seems he was probably being difficult. Do you side with this kid over the school ? If he was cuffed it's a pretty good bet he,was hostile.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Oh Iga....

facepalm

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting tnmomofive:

Quoting lga1965:

lga1965
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM
The way it was originally written.

Quoting tnmomofive:

So tell us how it should be interepted...

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting tnmomofive:

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN