Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An 8th grader, in my home town, was handcuffed and hauled off to jail for wearing this

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Replies (221-230):
teal.blaze
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Would you happen to have a link? I'm looking for it, but can't find anything.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

He was allowed back to school, and was supported by classmates who all wore a similar shirt the day he came back. Apparently the shirt is not against dress code, but the teacher threw a fit because he did not like the shirt. There is footage of the incident that other kids shot with their phones, where this kid was perfectly respectful, it was the teacher that lost his marbles. The teacher was the one that escalated the situation.

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/22/west-virginia-teen-returns-to-school-with-nra-shir/

Quoting teal.blaze:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

He was allowed back to school, and was supported by classmates who all wore a similar shirt the day he came back. Apparently the shirt is not against dress code, but the teacher threw a fit because he did not like the shirt. There is footage of the incident that other kids shot with their phones, where this kid was perfectly respectful, it was the teacher that lost his marbles. The teacher was the one that escalated the situation.

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Ironic words there lol

No doubt your idea of a well regulated milita is different than what it actually is.I will guess you think that it means law enforcement only.

Quoting lga1965:

I'm not " a Liberal" and I don't want to argue with you because you have narrow,prejudiced opinions set in stone and you won't even TRY to read and learn.

http://constitution.findlaw.com/amendment2/amendment.html

Amendment Text | Annotations

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quoting tnmomofive:

Right and not how some liberals like yourself wish to try and re-write it or remove it altogether.Thank you.

Quoting lga1965:

The way it was originally written.

Quoting tnmomofive:

So tell us how it should be interepted...

Quoting lga1965:

Well THAt was jumping to a conclusion and being a wingnut at the same time.

I believe in the constitution but too many people misinterpret it.

Because they're not very bright.

Quoting tnmomofive:

What? Why is it a problem? Because you do not think the right to have firearms should be in our Constitution? Well so sad..so sorry too bad.

As for the OP If there are rules against that type of stuff on clothing than the boy should have followed the rules but having him arrested is overkill.

Quoting lga1965:

I want to know why his parents allowed him to.have the shirt in the first place. There is a problem there.

The school needs to discuss that with the parents who are obviously doing a poor job raising their kid.

teal.blaze
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM

No link to video? All I'm seeing is different people's opinions on it, but I'd like to form my own :(

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/22/west-virginia-teen-returns-to-school-with-nra-shir/

Quoting teal.blaze:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM

huh. I could have sworn there was a link on there yesterday. I can't find one though.

Quoting teal.blaze:

No link to video? All I'm seeing is different people's opinions on it, but I'd like to form my own :(

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting teal.blaze:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

mamamiajk
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM

As a proud supporter of the NRA I applaud this student for standing his ground AND his rights

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:57 AM

ROTFLMAO are you claiming to be brighter and have more understanding of the Constitution and Constitutional law than the US Supreme Court? Cause there is where us "wing nuts" get our interpretation.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting tnmomofive:

What? Why is it a problem? Because you do not think the right to have firearms should be in our Constitution? Well so sad..so sorry too bad.

As for the OP If there are rules against that type of stuff on clothing than the boy should have followed the rules but having him arrested is overkill.

Quoting lga1965:

I want to know why his parents allowed him to.have the shirt in the first place. There is a problem there.

The school needs to discuss that with the parents who are obviously doing a poor job raising their kid.

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM
LOL. Sure.

Quoting soonergirl980:

ROTFLMAO are you claiming to be brighter and have more understanding of the Constitution and Constitutional law than the US Supreme Court? Cause there is where us "wing nuts" get our interpretation.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting tnmomofive:

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Do you drank the NRA kool-aid ? Too bad. It's just not a good thing to do.

Quoting mamamiajk:

As a proud supporter of the NRA I applaud this student for standing his ground AND his rights

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Redwall
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I'd let him wear it...cripes, some of the t-shirts kids wear to school are just plain vulgar.  He was arrested and removed from school.  Today he showed up in the same shirt...with other students wearing the same.  I'm proud of him.  I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with this shirt at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured