Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Liberals 'Don't Care' About Terrorist Victims

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 52 Replies

Gun Owners of America Claims Liberals 'Don't Care' About Terrorist Victims  

article image
By Michael Allen, Mon, April 22, 2013

Appearing on "The Talk to Solomon Show Live" web-based TV show, Gun Owners of America head Larry Pratt and host Stan Solomon both claimed that liberals support the Boston Marathon bombing terror attack because it may result in increased government control, reports RightWingWatch.org.

"It's not just how many conservatives or Republicans, because these people that were killed and maimed and devastated and traumatized were overwhelmingly their people, [liberals] don't care, they are like the Chinese who don't care if they have a million casualties because they got a billion backups," said Solomon.

"That's exactly right," added Pratt. "This is mission oriented, they don't care who the victims are, if anything it might be to their liking because maybe they're thinking that will make the liberals all the more prone to want more control, which plays right into the hands of terrorists and criminals, but then I repeat myself."

However, neither Solomon or Pratt provided any evidence that liberals support terrorist attacks.

Last year, Pratt claimed that Obamacare would be used by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to confiscate guns from law-abiding citizens.

While there is a law that screens out people, such as the mentally ill, through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, Pratt failed to mention that the law was signed by President Bush, not a liberal.

Also in 2012, Pratt wrote in USA Today that "gun-free zones" should be eliminated because criminals don't obey that law.

Source: RightWingWatch.org and USA Today

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
parentalrights1
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:27 AM
5 moms liked this
Conservatives always twist liberal views into something else

Kinda like people asking for money for charity "would you like to make a donation for needy children?

"Not today thank you"

"You don't want to? You don't care about the children? You want them to die?!"

Twisting
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rubberbiscuit
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:30 AM
8 moms liked this

I think that when people say things like this that are so far out of the realm of reality, they are really just walking billboards for mental health reform in this country.  It's got to be sad living in their minds. 

SuperChicken
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM
4 moms liked this

Gag.   This partisan poop is just so stupid.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this

What a bunch of bullshit.

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM
6 moms liked this

*Massive eye roll*

This is exactly the kind of rhetoric that's feeding into the highly polarized, divise political climate of today, in which everyone is so busy bickering and flinging insults back and forth that nothing can actually get done. And you know who's paying the price? THE REST OF US, the majority who are in a reasonable medium, willing to talk and compromise even with those whose viewpoints might be different from our own.

I identify, for the most part, as a political liberal, although I like to avoid labels. But I don't believe for a second that "conservatives believe this" or "conservatives do that". There IS no blanket term that appropriately describes all "conservatives" or "liberals".

I'm reminded of a conversation on here a couple of months ago where a poster was talking about a certain belief that "liberals" have and when confronted by multiple posters who identify as liberal but do NOT agree with that belief, her response was "Well, you're not the kind of liberals I was talking about". That's the problem with blanket statements--they're usually wrong.

We ALL (or, at least, the vast majority of us) care about terrorism victims; to say anything else is not only idiotic but dishonest. We ALL want what's best for America. We ALL want to leave a better world for our children, and most of us are deeply concerned about the direction this country is headed in. The sooner we can get to a place of everyone assuming positive intent from the other side and cool it with the over-the-top, sensationalistic rhetoric that's good for headlines but terrible for actual progress, the better. I think the first step is getting guys like this out of the limelight--they only have a platform because we give it to them.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh for fucks sake.
lga1965
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM
They're mental cases for sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Yeah it kills me everytime I see on the news or cafemom some conservative complaining about those stupid anti gun liberals.

I don't know how being anti gun got associated with liberalism. It never occurred to me to associate the gun issue with political parties. I figured it was just different ideas o what would be better for everyone and being a liberal, I am neither pro or anti gun. I just havnt really decided

Quoting jhslove:

*Massive eye roll*

This is exactly the kind of rhetoric that's feeding into the highly polarized, divise political climate of today, in which everyone is so busy bickering and flinging insults back and forth that nothing can actually get done. And you know who's paying the price? THE REST OF US, the majority who are in a reasonable medium, willing to talk and compromise even with those whose viewpoints might be different from our own.

I identify, for the most part, as a political liberal, although I like to avoid labels. But I don't believe for a second that "conservatives believe this" or "conservatives do that". There IS no blanket term that appropriately describes all "conservatives" or "liberals".

I'm reminded of a conversation on here a couple of months ago where a poster was talking about a certain belief that "liberals" have and when confronted by multiple posters who identify as liberal but do NOT agree with that belief, her response was "Well, you're not the kind of liberals I was talking about". That's the problem with blanket statements--they're usually wrong.

We ALL (or, at least, the vast majority of us) care about terrorism victims; to say anything else is not only idiotic but dishonest. We ALL want what's best for America. We ALL want to leave a better world for our children, and most of us are deeply concerned about the direction this country is headed in. The sooner we can get to a place of everyone assuming positive intent from the other side and cool it with the over-the-top, sensationalistic rhetoric that's good for headlines but terrible for actual progress, the better. I think the first step is getting guys like this out of the limelight--they only have a platform because we give it to them.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Lame

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Didn't read the article, but I can say that the Libs concerns about the bombing, the victims are not top five.

(1) Isolate Obama from any blame.

(2) Isolate remainder of Administration from any blame.

(3) Isolate Islam from any blame

(4) Push Gun control legislation based on bombing.

(5) Smear Republicans by falsely blaming (Obama's) sequestraion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)