Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Man wearing novelty tshirt arrested in a public park

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM
JRM
  • 152 Replies
A man wearing a novelty t-shirt with a sexually charged message was arrested Saturday after refusing a police order to leave a South Carolina park due to “the shirt with that phrase on it,” according to investigators.

Michael Miller, 50, was spotted “with a shirt that read ‘I May Not Be Mr. Right But I’ll Fuck You ‘Til He Shows Up,’” according to a Spartanburg Department of Public Safety report.

As seen above, a shirt with that message sells for $19.99 at the Spencer’s gift store chain.

When cops approached Miller and told him that he was not allowed to wear the shirt in Spartanburg’s Barnet Park, he reportedly became irate and “said he would wear the shirt any fucking where he wanted to.”

Miller was then issued a trespass warning “from Barnet Park during the Rock the Denim event,” a yearly concert that is devoted to raising awareness of sexual violence against women.

After refusing to leave the park, Miller--who cursed at and gave the finger to cops--was busted for disorderly conduct. He was released from custody Saturday evening after posting a $262 bond.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/expletive-on-shirt-arrest-674512
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM
6 moms liked this

Common decency is long gone....

parentalrights1
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Lol
shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM
8 moms liked this
While I'm not offended by the t-shirt in and of itself, this guy suffers from lack of good judgment on oh so many levels!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM

That's an understatement. 

We encountered a guy at a local children's museum last year who was wearing a shirt that contained some very profane language.  I couldn't believe he'd be stupid enough to wear it to a place where small children congregate. He was asked to leave by management when he refused to take it off or turn it inside out. He probably never should have been left in the door in the first place wearing it. 

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Common decency is long gone....

tscritch
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM
5 moms liked this

I am confused...what law was he breaking that he had to leave public property?

jazzgirl205
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Charming.

My dh is 51, wears button down shirts and dress shoes, discusses philosophy, and has a cocktail most evenings.  That is what gentlemen that age are supposed to do.

To quote JM Barrie: "Oh Peter, we are ever so much more than 20."

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't click on the link but what law was he violating?
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
9 moms liked this
Even vulgar speech is protected speech ladies. Nothing illegal about his wearing that shirt in a public place.
Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM
It was highly inappropriate but it made me laugh. I don't think he should have to leave because of his shirt.. Of course I don't want my child seeing it but at the sametime do they have a law about this?
kaylamom2004
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Bad choice of clothing to wear out in public in a public park where children are. I'd be pissed had I seen him strolling around and had my child as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN