Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

GMO vs non GMO (if theres such a thing anymore)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 13 Replies

Thoughts? Discuss? How do you feel about big corps patenting their genetically modified stuff...

Do you think its safe for consumption, for the environment.

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I think more long term studies are needed to determine that GMOs are completely safe for human consumption.  I find it very odd and disconcerting that corporations like Monsanto seem so fearful of their products being labeled for public knowledge. 

Generica
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I think more long term studies are needed to determine that GMOs are completely safe for human consumption.  I find it very odd and disconcerting that corporations like Monsanto seem so fearful of their products being labeled for public knowledge. 

Agreed, very odd. They don't want to take responsibility if perhaps their stuff ISNT safe.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't believe that GMO's are safe. We eat 90% organic/GMO free.

Generica
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Quoting EireLass:

I don't believe that GMO's are safe. We eat 90% organic/GMO free.

I don't either...the studies are minimal at best...why would they want to study a money maker anyway.

MorganTho
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Definitely not safe, the employees at Monsanto have a 100% organic cafeteria. If the won't eat I don't want to either!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Generica
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MorganTho:

Definitely not safe, the employees at Monsanto have a 100% organic cafeteria. If the won't eat I don't want to either!

WHOA seriously? Do you possibly have a link or something to back that up? (not calling you out, just want to see)

deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think they are safe and we are trying to eat less gmo but sadly it costs alot to do that and we don't have money to spare. We do have 2 garden beds this year though so most of our produce will be home grown if it ever gets warm enough to plant.

Generica
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Quoting deadlights86:

I don't think they are safe and we are trying to eat less gmo but sadly it costs alot to do that and we don't have money to spare. We do have 2 garden beds this year though so most of our produce will be home grown if it ever gets warm enough to plant.

I live in the desert, its a bit of a pain to plant stuff here and have it grow, our water rates have gone up too. I did have a nice organic garden going but I think I had the soil wrong as I had nice big beautiful leafy plants but hardly any fruits or veggies...dunno what went wrong. Now I rent and it's not so easy. Good for you for growing your own though, I HIGHLY encourage that instead of lawns etc.

deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM
You should do a raised bed. Look up growing your greens on YouTube the guy has like 800 videos we learned alot from him.

Quoting Generica:

Quoting deadlights86:

I live in the desert, its a bit of a pain to plant stuff here and have it grow, our water rates have gone up too. I did have a nice organic garden going but I think I had the soil wrong as I had nice big beautiful leafy plants but hardly any fruits or veggies...dunno what went wrong. Now I rent and it's not so easy. Good for you for growing your own though, I HIGHLY encourage that instead of lawns etc.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Look at people's waistlines and overall heath (heart disease, HBP, diabetes) and explain all these recent changes away.

I am anti-fake food-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)