Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michelle visits Saudi person of interest in hospital

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 101 Replies


Saudi report: Michelle O visited 'person of interest'

Jeddah newspaper says first lady saw Alharbi in hospital

Michelle32

A Saudi Arabian newspaper is reporting that United States First Lady Michelle Obama visited in the hospital Saudi citizen Abdul Rahman Ali Issa Al-Salimi Alharbi, the young man who had been labeled a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombing.

The newspaper accompanied its report with an image of  Obama, although the background was generic and it couldn’t be confirmed immediately that she was at the hospital where Alharbi was being treated at the time. He reportedly suffered injuries in the Boston bombing.

The newspaper’s Arabic-language report is being highlighted by Walid Shoebat, a former Muslim Brotherhood member who now is a peace activist.

“Okaz, the same prominent Saudi newspaper that published photos of Abdul Rahman Ali Issa Al-Salimi Alharbi in the hospital after the Boston Marathon bombings, is now reporting that the Saudi national was also visited by the first lady of the United States, Michelle Obama, during his hospital stay,” Shoebat reported.

The newspaper is more than half a century old and publishes out of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. It also publishes simultaneously in Riyadh.

One of the oldest newspapers in Saudi Arabia, it also is brave, taking on banned issues such as lesbianism in the repressive Islamic kingdom. Its circulation is estimated at about 150,000 and the online version was reported by Forbes Middle East two years ago to be one of the Top 10 online newspapers in the Middle East region.

It was CBS in Boston, and other outlets, that reported that President Obama and Michelle visited some of the victims of the marathon terrorism at hospitals in the Boston area yesterday.

It was reported the first lady went to Boston Children’s Hospital, as well as Brigham and Women’s Hospital, but the visits were off-limits to the media.

Reported Shoebat, “There were multiple reports that Alharbi was hospitalized at Brigham and Women’s so that would seem [to] corroborate the Okaz report.

“Okaz stated further that the first lady also visited the other injured Saudi at the hospital, a female doctor named Nura Khalid Saleh al-Ajaji.”

Shoebat said there also were tweets from members of the Alharbi family that added “credibility” to the report.

Reported Shoebat, “Now, contrarians … with concerns about this visit will likely say that the first lady was simply paying visits to all the victims in the hospital, of which Alharbi was one and had been cleared two days earlier.”

But he added, “In light of recent reports that Alharbi was scheduled for deportation on ‘national security grounds’, the first lady’s visit takes on much added significance if those reports are true. We already know that the Alharbi clan consists of multiple al-Qaida members. This would seem to bolster the claims of scheduled deportation, not claims to the contrary made by the likes of DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano, who actually never really answered the question; she just got rankled and blew it off.”

Wrote Shoebat, “With the track record of this administration relative to things like blaming a video for two weeks after the Benghazi attacks, it should have a higher standard to meet and its credibility should be questioned by the American people. If these reports about Alharbi’s scheduled deportation for such reasons are correct, a visit by the first lady of the United States would indeed be significant in its importance. It would also be a major national security blunder because of the message it would send.”

WND reported earlier when an expert on terrorism said Alharbi, the original “person of interest” in the Monday bombing, was going to be deported on national security grounds.

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Imacakebaker
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:19 PM


Briefing on Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi Requested by Congressional Committee; Was on "Terror" Watch List

April 22, 2013 01:45 PM EDT

2 people recommend this | comments: 7

Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi was the Saudi national and initial "person of interest" in the Boston Marathon bombing that killed three and injured scores of others, some critically.

Abdulrhman Ali Alharbi seen in a Facebook posting. The Washington Post says he is being considered a witness, not a suspect.

Photo Source: Facebook via nydailynews

It turns out that he was "flagged on a terror watch list", as reported by Todd Starnes of Town Hall. What a coincidence! Soon after the terror attack, a brave citizen tackled Ali Alharbi when he spotted the 22-year-old running away from one of the explosive devices. It would be very interesting to speak to the vigilant citizen(s) who spotted the Saudi National, but he (or they) are yet to be named. Why? John Miller, former Assistant Director to the FBI and CBS News correspondent stated, "this person was pretty close to wherever this blast went off, but not so close as to suffer the serious injuries that other people did." Police initially denied all reports of having a Saudi in custody, but later relented.

The man was transferred to the hospital, but not as a "suspect," insisted officials. Regardless, a warrant was issued to search the Saudi National's apartment, where "bags of evidence" were removed and his roommate questioned "for hours." One would imagine that the police would have cause to get a warrant in the first place. It would be interesting to see the warrant. It turns out that it was NOT the police, but "federal authorities" who made the decision to drop the case against Ali Alharbi. According to the Boston Herald, Revere police Lt. Amy O'Hara said that federal authorities "are telling us he's no longer a person of interest." Another interesting fact from the Boston Herald article was that the roommate said he was "forbidden to speak about the home search by both the FBI and the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia." Why?

Janet Napolitano Dismisses Deportation "Rumors"

Previous reports that Ali Alharbi was to be deported were roundly disregarded (and even mocked) by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. She roundly dismissed deportation concerns during a "heated exchange", which occurred on Thursday regarding the Saudi National with Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC). She said,

  • "I am unaware of anyone who is being deported for national security concerns at all related to Boston...I don't know where that rumor came from."

When Duncan questioned the wisdom of deporting "someone who was reportedly at the scene of the bombing", Napolitano dodged the question by mocking it. She said,

  • "It is so full of misstatements and misapprehensions, that it is just not worthy of any answer...There has been so much reported on this that has been wrong. I can't even begin to tell you, congressman."

The condescending answer is a knee-jerk response to uncomfortable questions.

House Committee on Homeland Security Wants Answers

Despite Napolitano's faux outrage, Key members of the House Committee on Homeland Security says it has "copies of the original deportation order" and have sent a letter to Janet Napolitano that says in part, "We request the Department provide a detailed overview of the records associated with this individual to include his law enforcement and immigration records prior to April 15, 2013, as well as his current status." The letter was signed by Chairman Michael T. McCaul, Chairman Jeff Duncan of the subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency, Chairman Peter King of the subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence, and Chairman Candice Miller of the subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security as reported by theBlaze.

House Committee on Homeland Security Requests More Info on Saudi National From Napolitano

Is Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi involved in any way in the Boston Bombings? One thing is for sure, when the federal government dodges questions, it is not reassuring, adds to speculation, and fuels conspiracy theories. Add the inconsistent and conflicting media coverage; not to mention their endless and irresponsible speculation about the motives of the bombers before facts emerged, and it is no wonder that the mainstream media is losing credibility.

Imacakebaker
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM


Abdul Rahman Ali Al-Harbi, bombing ‘person of interest’ has 6 Saudi ‘terrorists’ in family,5 more are in Gitmo

Confirmation that Abdul Rahman Ali Al-Harbi, the Saudi national and initial “person of interest,” is indeed being deported this week now is spreading across the Internet. More details are emerging this weekend as Arabic sources and Saudi papers themselves are confirming “rumors” swirling in the US. (more at bottom)

 Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi in the hospital.

Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi in the hospital.

Moreover, the Saudi papers are detailing the visit by the Obamas, especially Michelle to the hospital and this man. The “rumors” of the President meeting with Saudi officials in the hospital just prior to his “approved deportation” is a bragging right in their press.

More notable is the assertions that Abdul Rahman Ali Al-Harbi is free an clear of terrorist ties, when in fact over 10 names from his clan are already linked to Al-Qaeda.

Many from Al-Harbi’s clan are entrenched in terrorism and are members of Al-Qaeda as identified by the Islamic governements.

Out of a list of 85 terrorists listed by the Saudi government shows several of Al-Harbi clan to have been active fighters in Al-Qaeda:

#15 Badr Saud Uwaid Al-Awufi Al-Harbi
#73 Muhammad Atiq Uwaid Al-Awufi Al-Harbi
#26 Khalid Salim Uwaid Al-Lahibi Al-Harbi
#29 Raed Abdullah Salem Al-Thahiri Al-Harbi
#43 Abdullah Abdul Rahman Muhammad Al-Harbi (leader)
#60 Fayez Ghuneim Humeid Al-Hijri Al-Harbi

Source: http://aalhameed1.net/vb/showthread.php?t=1565

Then you have Al-Harbi clan members in Gitmo:

Salim Salman Awadallah Al-Sai’di Al-Harbi
Majid Abdullah Hussein Al-Harbi
Muhammad Abdullah Saqr Al-Alawi Al-Harbi
Ghanem Abdul Rahman Ghanem Al-Harbi
Muhammad Atiq Uwaid Al-Awfi Al-Harbi

Source: http://www.muslm.net/vb/showthread.php?169019-أسماء-(90)-سعودياً-لا-زالوا-محتجزين-في-جوانتانامو

click IMAGE for more US NEWS

click IMAGE for more US NEWS

There are specific Saudi clans that are rife with members of Al-Qaeda, which has fueled critics questions the hundred thousand student visas are issued to these and how ICE officials seem clueless to make the connection with the clans when it comes to terrorism.

The BBC reported Khaled Alharbi was married to the daughter of al-Qaida’s number two, Ayman al-Zawahiri. He reportedly appeared with bin Laden in a video praising the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Another top al-Qaida operative is Adel Radi Saqr al-Wahabi al-Harbi, a Saudi national identified by the State Department as “a key member of an al-Qaida network operating in Iran.”

 

 

click IMAGE for WORLD NEWS

click IMAGE for WORLD NEWS

The State Department has offered a multimillion-dollar reward for the capture of Abdel Alharbi, saying he is an Iran-based al-Qaida facilitator who serves as the deputy to Muhsin al-Fadhl, who runs al-Qaida’s Iran network.

At a site called Sabq, Alharbi’s father talks about how a member of the Aldawsari clan – Ali Aldawsari – visited his son in the hospital. Remember what we wrote about Khalid Aldawsari here:

Take Khalid Aldawsari, a Saudi national. He is a student and an Al-Qaeda terrorist who planned to use weapons of mass destruction in the U.S., to include an attempted assassination of president Bush.Aldawsari was not a lone wolf; he was backed by an entire system. The wealthy and powerful Aldawsari clan, which includes the powerful Sheik Saud Bin Mut’ab who hosted a support group for the terrorist defending him publicly while funding his legal team.

Okaz, the same prominent Saudi newspaper, that published photos of Abdul Rahman Ali Issa Al-Salimi Al-Harbi in the hospital after the Boston marathon bombings, is now reporting that the Saudi national was also visited by the first lady of the United States, Michelle Obama during his hospital stay.

CBS News in Boston reported that the first lady visited Boston Children’s Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital on Thursday, April 18th:

The First Lady went to Boston Children’s Hospital, where she visited the medical and surgical intensive care unit.

Afterwards, she went next door to Brigham and Women’s Hospital to meet more victims and their families for more than an hour.

The visits were off limits to the media and came on short notice for security reasons.

(Emphasis added -BBJ Dispatch)

There were multiple reports that Alharbi was hospitalized at Brigham and Women’s so that would seem corroborate the Okaz report.

Okaz stated further that the first lady also visited the other injured Saudi at the hospital, a female doctor named Nura Khalid Saleh al-Ajaji:

“Michelle Obama visited the two injured Saudis Abdulrahman Ali Essa Al-Salimi Al-Harbi and Nura Khalid Saleh Al-Ajjaji to check on their medical conditions.”

Adding credibility to this report seems to be multiple tweets made by the inner circle of the Al-harbi family:

Al-Harbi_Twitwheel

Imacakebaker
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would Michelle visit someone on the terrorist watch list?

More that a considence he was there at the bombing. 

Why was here in the first place????


lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:23 PM
12 moms liked this

This is nothing! There's people in parks wearing tee shirts that say fuck on them. FUCK!

AlekD
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Where are these articles from?
MamaJess9
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm already tired of this shit. And it hurts your credibility when all you can do is copy and paste article after article and link after link.
nb34
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM
4 moms liked this

Are you OK?

anchorgurl
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this

"The newspaper accompanied its report with an image of Obama, although the background was generic and it couldn’t be confirmed immediately that she was at the hospital where Alharbi was being treated at the time. He reportedly suffered injuries in the Boston bombing."

Please...stop.  This is the worst "news" reporting, ever.  So you are going to believe an admittedly "generic" source that gets its "credibility" from tweets posted by members of the family?  Remember Baghdad Bob?  "There are no bombs here, we ran the Americans off...." as the walls shook an maps fell...

Imacakebaker
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:25 PM


Glenn Beck Reveals Controversial Intel on Saudi National Once Suspect in Boston Bombings

18
By Leonardo Blair , CP Contributor
April 22, 2013|2:41 pm
  • Abdul Rahman Ali Issa Al-Salimi Al-Harbi
    (Photo: Shoebat.com/Okaz)
    Former Boston bombing suspect, Saudi national, Abdul Rahman Ali Issa Al-Salimi Al-Harbi in the hospital after the bombings.

After highlighting that some of his sources are now under threat of 20-year prison terms, conservative political commentator Glenn Beck revealed intelligence on Monday that questions the exoneration of a Saudi national once considered a suspect in the Boston bombings by federal agents.

"We don't know at this point how he was involved … but I do know he was involved," said Beck on The Blaze TV.

"You can ask yourself this question, 'How many times does lightning have to strike in the first place for this guy to be at the scene of the crime and in the hospital and not be involved?" he added.

Last week, Beck primed his audience for the explosive revelation of the story that could be the most important story "of our lifetime."

Claiming that he wanted the federal government to come clean with the American people, he gave them until this Monday to tell the truth about the Saudi national. In referring to the former suspect, he said: "We know [he] is a very bad, bad, bad man," while flipping three fingers indicating three unspoken reasons why.

On Monday, when federal authorities failed to respond to his ultimatum, Beck revealed the questionable circumstances under which Saudi national Abdul Rahman Ali Issa Al-Salimi Al-Harbi, or Alharbi, was downgraded from a dangerous suspected terrorist to essentially a "nobody" by federal authorities.

Follow us

  • Glenn Beck
    (Photo: Reuters/Chris Keane)
    Fox News host Glenn Beck speaks during the National Rifle Association's 139th annual meeting in Charlotte, North Carolina in this May 15, 2010 file photo.

In his report, Beck disclosed that Al-Harbi was first identified as a person of interest in the Boston bombings and noted that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's National Targeting Center had issued an event file recommending his deportation under section 212, 3B indication "proven terrorist activity."

"We are not sure who actually tagged him as a '212 3B,' but we know it is very difficult to charge someone with this — it has to be almost certain," Beck explained. "It is the equivalent in civil society of charging someone with premeditated murder and seeking the death penalty — it is not thrown around lightly."

Beck further explained that Secretary of State John Kerry later met with Saudi Foreign Minister Saud last Tuesday, after which the FBI began "backtracking on the Saudi national from suspect, to person of interest, to witness, to victim, to nobody," according to The Blaze report.

Related

Then last Wednesday, President Barack Obama reportedly had a "chance" encounter with Saudi Foreign Minister Saud and Saudi Ambassador Adel al-Jubeir. Later that day, Al-Harbi's event file was altered.

"Wednesday at 5:35 p.m. the file is altered," explained Beck in his report. "This is unheard of, this is impossible in the timeline due to the severity of the charge …. You don't one day put a 212 3B charge against somebody with deportation, and then the next day take it off. It would require too much to do it."

Among other evidence, Beck pointed out that the Saudi national was once flagged on a terror watch list but was granted a student visa to enter the U.S. anyway.

In another report from Okaz.com and translated for The Blaze by Steven Miller, a research associate with the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, Al-Harbi allegedly said federal authorities only asked him about what he saw during the bombings, apologized and promised him "special health care."

"He clarified that security officials asked him to focus on what he saw before the bombings, and on the nature of the event [to see] if he remembers what happened around him … he thanked American authorities who refuted media allegations about his status as a suspect …," according to the report.

Beck promised on his show that there is more intelligence to be revealed possibly well into next week.

Imacakebaker
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this


Quoting MamaJess9:

I'm already tired of this shit. And it hurts your credibility when all you can do is copy and paste article after article and link after link.

Look it up.

Why deport him so quickly?

Why was he here?  Why did Michelle O visit him?


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)



Featured