Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reese Witherspoon. I'm confused.

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

So her hubby was very intoxicated and DRIVING and she was arrested for not complying with the officer. Even asking if he knew who she was and saying he would be sorry. So drunk driving is cool with her but she pops up on my facebook feed this morning holding an antigun sign. Seriously? THIS is why I have a hard time caring what Hollywood thinks.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I guess you can be anti-gun and pro drunk driving.

confused

LuvmyAiden
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Obviosly so. Because drunk driving never killed anyone you know?

Quoting Seasidegirl:

I guess you can be anti-gun and pro drunk driving.

confused

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm confused why people think they know any celebrities. Just because we watch their movies, read about them in People magazine, etc. doesn't equal knowing the actual person. Maybe Reese Witherspoon is really a jerk and this time she just got caught being a jerk. Who knows. "We" only know what we are allowed to see. 

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Really who cares about what any celebrity thinks on any issue? Unless I am married or closely related to said celebrity, nothing they say affects or interests me.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Kind of like Julia Roberts. Who didn't like Julia Roberts? Then I read something about how she got involved with her husband when he was still married, then did crap to his wife...blabbedy blah blah. People were commenting that America has this image of Julia Roberts as America's Sweetheart, so we don't judge her like some have judged, for example, Angelina Jolie, when her behavior very well could have been the same/worse/whatever.

I think we like to fool ourselves.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I'm confused why people think they know any celebrities. Just because we watch their movies, read about them in People magazine, etc. doesn't equal knowing the actual person. Maybe Reese Witherspoon is really a jerk and this time she just got caught being a jerk. Who knows. "We" only know what we are allowed to see. 

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Why do you even care? 

LindaClement
by Linda on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Totalitarian dictatorship: you're not allowed to question police, in any context, ever.

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Yeah I have a hard time with Hollywood too.  And I won't be supporting her career anymore.  My three-year old cousin lost her life to a drunk driver.  Not okay.  Not okay at all.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM

She isn't the goody goody every one thinks.

Her apology made me giggle.

Lizardannie1966
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:17 PM

You have to understand too, I think, that this pop-up you saw on FB was probably old in that it was made a long time ago.

She's human but she's a celebrity with an image to protect.

I don't excuse her but then again, I realize that every celebrity is like the rest of us with the ability to screw-up from time to time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured