Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, Wife Received Welfare Benefits

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM
  • 206 Replies
1 mom liked this

The Boston Herlad mentions that Tsarnaev, his wife and now three-year-old daughter have all received welfare up to 2012, when Katherine Russell Tsarnaev got a full-time job. He has not worked during this time. 

His parents were also recipients when Tamerlan and brother Dzhokhar, now charged for the attacks, were very young.

In a 2009 interview, Tsarnaev dubbed himself a “very-religious” man who did not understand Americans and did not have any friends in the country.

However, later reports showed that he was very close with a man possibly tied to drug trafficking, who died in suspicious circumstances three years ago. The case file on his murder remains open to this day.

As detailed today, Tamerlan's family pinpointed a mystery man going by the name “Misha” who allegedly convinced the suspect to convert to Islam and played a major part in his radicalization.

His parents aren't citizens, the terrorists were not citizens, how the hell did the parents get welfare???  We paid for them to raise terrorists.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Is this relevant to something?

ambermarie2006
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM
4 moms liked this
I thought the wife was an US citizen?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM
3 moms liked this

You seriously need to pull your head out of your ass. 

ambermarie2006
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM
A lot of the population of the US receives benefits, how could they forsee what would happen? Theres probably people collecting right now who may do similar things in the future. How would you propose weeding them out?

Quoting Imacakebaker:

It doesn't bother you that our tax dollars went to a terrorist??

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I thought the wife was an US citizen?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Is there a point to this, or are you trolling again?

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

The wife is a U.S. born citizen.  The younger brother became a U.S. citizen.  I can't say how the parents received welfare (if they indeed did) as I am not fully educated on all of the rules and regulations of obtaining aid. 

I do not think their parents came to the U.S. with the intention of raising terrorists.  From what I've read, many were surprised these brothers ended up taking that route.  I don't think putting the blame on their parents is constructive at all. 

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Does this post have a point?

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

OP, you have some serious issues.

At this point, you are acting just as 'radical'.

Susan0805
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Lol. How did they find this out anyway? Is welfare recipients public knowledge or privacy protected? Just curious.
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM

How do you know this?

Quoting Imacakebaker:

The mom is a radical Muslim.  They raised them to hate America.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

The wife is a U.S. born citizen.  The younger brother became a U.S. citizen.  I can't say how the parents received welfare (if they indeed did) as I am not fully educated on all of the rules and regulations of obtaining aid. 

I do not think their parents came to the U.S. with the intention of raising terrorists.  From what I've read, many were surprised these brothers ended up taking that route.  I don't think putting the blame on their parents is constructive at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)