Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, Wife Received Welfare Benefits

Posted by   + Show Post

The Boston Herlad mentions that Tsarnaev, his wife and now three-year-old daughter have all received welfare up to 2012, when Katherine Russell Tsarnaev got a full-time job. He has not worked during this time. 

His parents were also recipients when Tamerlan and brother Dzhokhar, now charged for the attacks, were very young.

In a 2009 interview, Tsarnaev dubbed himself a “very-religious” man who did not understand Americans and did not have any friends in the country.

However, later reports showed that he was very close with a man possibly tied to drug trafficking, who died in suspicious circumstances three years ago. The case file on his murder remains open to this day.

As detailed today, Tamerlan's family pinpointed a mystery man going by the name “Misha” who allegedly convinced the suspect to convert to Islam and played a major part in his radicalization.

His parents aren't citizens, the terrorists were not citizens, how the hell did the parents get welfare???  We paid for them to raise terrorists.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Replies (71-80):
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I was not aware of the mother's mental state.  Even so, to think it was because of her and her alone that her boys decided to take this route?  I find it incredibly hard to believe.  I just don't buy the "they were raised to kill Americans" mantra.  It doesn't seem to fit. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

They didn;t when they came here

The mom started getting all nuts years after moving here...her husband left her over it.

Quoting EireLass:

I've heard that somewhere else. If someone hates a country, why go there? Why live there for 10 years even?

Quoting Imacakebaker:

The mom is a radical Muslim.  They raised them to hate America.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

The wife is a U.S. born citizen.  The younger brother became a U.S. citizen.  I can't say how the parents received welfare (if they indeed did) as I am not fully educated on all of the rules and regulations of obtaining aid. I do not think their parents came to the U.S. with the intention of raising terrorists.  From what I've read, many were surprised these brothers ended up taking that route.  I don't think putting the blame on their parents is constructive at all.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I don't think it's all mommy's fault but i am sure she was an influence especially on the older of the two

They grew up during war time in a war torn country, the older son following the family a year later and living in war until 16. coming to a foreign country where your mother starts practicing an extreme form of Islam and than your father leaves her for it...

I think it was all a factor.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I was not aware of the mother's mental state.  Even so, to think it was because of her and her alone that her boys decided to take this route?  I find it incredibly hard to believe.  I just don't buy the "they were raised to kill Americans" mantra.  It doesn't seem to fit. 

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
That is now officially on my list of things to NEVER eat.

Quoting Generica:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Its freedom of religion, not freedom to commit terrorism. 

Quoting krysstizzle:

See, now you're just making it too easy to discredit you and your absolute lunacy. 

Freedom of religion, have you heard of that? Ever? 

Quoting Imacakebaker:

When his parents collected it, none of them were citizens.

How to weed them out?  That's very easy.  They should not allow any more Muslims in the country or anyone from a Muslim country.  Period.  No more student visas for Muslims, and all the non citizen Muslims who are here need to go.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

A lot of the population of the US receives benefits, how could they forsee what would happen? Theres probably people collecting right now who may do similar things in the future. How would you propose weeding them out?

Quoting Imacakebaker:

It doesn't bother you that our tax dollars went to a terrorist??

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I thought the wife was an US citizen?

i cant stop laughing...tears...omg lolol

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM

It bothers me a lot of things some of my tax dollars go to.  Doesn't mean its going to stop any time soon.  Furthermore, what do you propose?  I can see it now.  Question #100:  Are you a terrorist, plan on conducting any terrorist activity, live with or know a terrorist, plan on marrying a terrorist or financing a terrorist, whether it is known to you or not?

As if a terrorist would fess up to it anyway.

Your probably financing some terrorist (be it an American citizen or not) and you don't even know it. 

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That will probably be her next brilliant idea.  Watch for the post! 

Quoting furbabymum:

Ha that is horrible. That's just as bad as saying we should send all Mexicans back because they're all illegal and dealing drugs. Amazing!
Quoting Imacakebaker:

How to weed them out?  That's very easy.  They should not allow any more Muslims in the country or anyone from a Muslim country.  Period.  No more student visas for Muslims, and all the non citizen Muslims who are here need to go.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

A lot of the population of the US receives benefits, how could they forsee what would happen? Theres probably people collecting right now who may do similar things in the future. How would you propose weeding them out?

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Good idea. Can we weed out white males as well? Sure are a lot of then committing mass homicides lately.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Sure.  I am sick to being attacked by Muslims.  I am not calling for killing anyone, just sending them back to where they belong, and not letting them in.

How many times do you touch the fire before you learn it will burn you?

Quoting FromAtoZ:

OP, you have some serious issues.

At this point, you are acting just as 'radical'.

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

The thought of her plan actually saddens me.  I had a tutor when I was in college who was Muslim.  He was from Tanzania.  He did everything in his power to move his family to the United States to get away from the radical activity going on there (and other government issues).  He is so proud to be an American and subsequently became a professor at Georgetown University.  I cannot recall seeing a happier man, the day his son was born and he was so proud to call him an American.

Now, imagine denying him that joy just because he is a Muslim.

Quoting momtoscott:

That will probably be her next brilliant idea.  Watch for the post! 

Quoting furbabymum:

Ha that is horrible. That's just as bad as saying we should send all Mexicans back because they're all illegal and dealing drugs. Amazing!
Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Oh, I agree that these things probably did affect the older brother.  I'm sure his mother didn't help.  I'm just sick of people solely blaming the parents and making assumptions simply because they're Muslim and immigrants. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I don't think it's all mommy's fault but i am sure she was an influence especially on the older of the two

They grew up during war time in a war torn country, the older son following the family a year later and living in war until 16. coming to a foreign country where your mother starts practicing an extreme form of Islam and than your father leaves her for it...

I think it was all a factor.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Sigh

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM

The police were only involved once. I have a hard time believing that he only did it once. They were not married. This was prior to her conversion.

I hear all that you're saying. And with that, she knew what he was up to, and what was going to happen.

Quoting mehamil1:

Allowed him to beat her? Oh my, someone knows nothing about domestic violence.

In 2000, 1,247 women were killed by an intimate partner, while 440 men were killed by an intimate partner( Rennison, 2003). A more recent BJS study suggests that 33% of female victims compared to 4% of male victims were killed by an intimate partner.

Victims of domestic violence experience many barriers when leaving abusive relationships. These include fear of the abuser, believing the abuser will take their children, hoping the abuser will change, embarrassment, shame and self-blame about their situation. Limited financial options, lack of transportation, lack of knowledge the services exist, and lack of proximity to those services are also factors.

http://www.vaw.umn.edu/documents/inbriefs/domesticviolence/domesticviolence.html

Quoting EireLass:

I have a hard time believing that the wife didn't know anything, or notice anything out of the ordinary. But she also allowed him to beat the crap out of her prior to marrying him...so to me...she's a little 'off' too.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

His wife didn't marry a terrorist, he became a terrorist years later..how would she know that?If she was involved, she is a traitor..but it sounds like she had no clue.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

They should have traveled their asses back with their parents. His wife is a traitor for marrying a terrorist.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

When they fled their country was in the middle of a war...If you are so upset about this, why haven't you read anything about it? It would be the logical thing to do if it upsets you soQuick background, the wife is an American citizen born and bred.The borther in the hospital has been here since he was 9/10.The older brother since he was 16/17 with only one visit to Russia.The wife has since moved on, went to classes and is employed full time.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Assylum my butt. They were so endanger they went back? 

Quoting sweet-a-kins: 

His parents aren't citizens, the terrorists were not citizens, how the hell did the parents get welfare???  We paid for them to raise terrorists.The parents were legal residents, they were granted asylum when they arrived.The wife is an American citizen from birth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN