Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

US imam calls on Muslims in US to wage jihad

Posted by   + Show Post

US imam calls on Muslims in US to wage jihad

Neil Munro
White House Correspondent

The controversial imam of a prominent mosque in Arlington, Va., has urged immigrant Muslims in the United States to wage war for Islam.

“The enemies of Allah are lining up. The question for us is, are we lining [up] or are we afraid because they may call us terrorists?” Shaker Elsayed told a crowd of Ethiopian Muslims during a lecture at T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, Va.

“Let me give you the good news: they are already calling us terrorists anyway. Whether you sitting at home, watching TV, drinking coffee, sleeping or playing with your kids, you are a terrorist because you are a Muslim.”

“Well, give them a run for their money. Make it worth it. Make this title worth it, and be a good Muslim,” said the Cairo-born Muslim.

“Muslim men when it is a price to pay, they are first in line. … They are the first in the community-service line. They are the first in jihad line,” he declared to applause.

At the end of the imam’s incendiary speech, a representative of the Ethiopian group walked to the podium and declared the speech was not calling for jihad.

“Just a disclaimer,” the emcee said. “Imam Shakir, he’s not advocating for armed struggle in Ethiopia. He’s just simply giving us a lesson. We’ll just continue with our non-violent struggle until these guys who are in prison [in Ethiopia] who did not bow down for this repressive government … are free.”

Imam Johari Abdul-Malik, the press secretary for the imam’s Dar al-Hijrah mosque, did not respond to messages from The Daily Caller.

“If Dar al-Hijrah were like most American religious institutions it would fire Elsayed, but it’s not like most religious institutions,” John Rossomando, a researcher at the Investigative Project on Terrorism.

“The mosque operates as a front for Hamas … [and] has the distinction of being connected with more terror plots than just about any other mosque in America,” he said in a statement to TheDC.

Ethiopia is a majority-Christian country and has defended itself from encroaching Muslims armies for more than 1,000 years. Currently, Muslims in Ethiopia’s Ogaden region complain that the central government has not given them autonomy.

“Ethiopian muslims are protesting against perceived government interference in their activities … [and] observers fear the latest move by the government would spark protests by muslims in the Horn of Africa country,” said a website run by Badr Ethiopia, an Ethiopian Muslim group.

The group cites the controversial Council on American Islamic Relations as an affiliate.

Elsayed’s comments add to his history of controversial statements that match orthodox Islam, but which clash with American culture.

In 1990, for example, The New York Times quoted him saying that the murder of a radical Jewish nationalist in New York was legal under Muslim law.

The murder of rabbi Meir Kahane “was not a violation, in the sense that Kahane adopted a position against all Arabs and Muslims,” said Elsayed, according to the Times.

According to numerous Islamic leaders, Islamic law endorses the use of war to expand the rule of Islam. The law, dubbed Shariah, also endorses the killing of Islam’s critics, including poets Christian preachers, and it allows only grudging recognition of non-Islamic governments.

For orthodox Muslims, civilian law is subordinate to Islamic requirements.

That provision has been implemented, at least in part, in Egypt’s new 2012 constitution. The constitution was mostly written by legislators in the political party created by the international Muslim Brotherhood organization.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Replies (171-177):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM
3 moms liked this

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

What was fun?

Quoting Shoota:

It said Cake baker isn't a member anymore...how sad. That was fun while it lasted.

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

That is so tacky of you.  You can only come up with the below countries and you try to call me a liar.  You really haven't travelled outside of your PTA circle much have you, otherwise you would not be showing your lack of knowledge down below. 

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

You would have to call me a liar?  You may want to check all of your Muslim countries before writing the below.

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Please stop with the "phobe" this and the "phobe" that.  I spent half my years a big chunk of my life with those of the Islamic faith.  My mentor is a Muslim and my free time I have taught Muslim women self defense classes.  And last I have helped some women escape their country because they believed in Christianity and they would have been beaten and killed if their secret got out. So when I see an Imam get on national news and spout out his BS, I don't have to check and see if he meant it was a call for an act of violence.  He said it, he meant it.  As for the community sending out reports that they reject his "voice" I have not read anything saying that they did.  Maybe it wasn't reported.  Maybe is was reported in local news.  The problem is we have seen what this man is spouting but we are not seeing the same "loud" voice from the other side.

Quoting Bookwormy:

OK...

The guy who introduced the Imam immediately clarified that this was not a call to violence.

What research have you done beyond the OP to see if this Imam has been renounced? Do you trust one article from one Islamophobe?

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Riddle this....stay on topic.  ;  )

Quoting Bookwormy:

The guy who introduced the Imam immediately clarified that this was not a call to violence.

What research have you done beyond the OP to see if this Imam has been renounced? Do you trust one article from one Islamophobe?

How come no one cared about WBC when they were just homophobes? No one cared until they went after fallen military, except my peeps. Why is it that only GLBT cared? Huh? Riddle me that riddler.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

No one said that they did.  However, with publicity like this hurts Muslims and they need to step up and do something about it. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

Do perps represent the entire RCC? Do terrorists represent all anti-privacy Christians who are against abortion, just because some are willing to bomb clinics & kill physicians? Does WBC represent all Christians?

If I suggest all Catholics are child molesters or that the RCC knowingly protected priests who did, I will get attacked. If I point out anti-privacy Christians commit acts of terror to protect fetuses, I'm told they are not representative, they are extremist, etc. And clearly everyone jumps on me if I suggest WBC is Christian.

One Imam does not Islam make.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Why are you attacking her for posting something that an Imam stated in the press?  Why are you not addressing the real issue instead of attacking the person sharing it with us?

Quoting FromAtoZ:

OP, you better a get a hold of yourself before you end up on a 'watch list'.

And what Muslim countries would that be may I ask. because if you say anything other than Saudi, Iran, Afghanistan, or Somalia then I will have to call you a liar.

No need for me to check. I already know.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Wow, with all the searching you do for anti Muslim and anti Obama articles how do you find time to bake any cakes? You may want to seek help for your obsession before it ruins your life as any addiction can.

I agree w/her and like reading her posts-why are you reading them?

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I try to read a variety of posts, however, from what this poster posts, it is clear she is very angry at, misinformed about, and hateful of followers of Islam. As such, I do not read any more of her posts, and will not respond anymore in this one. If you wish to reply to me in here, feel free, but I will not bump her posts and bring more attention to the hate she is sharing by responding in this forum.

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Wow, with all the searching you do for anti Muslim and anti Obama articles how do you find time to bake any cakes? You may want to seek help for your obsession before it ruins your life as any addiction can.

I agree w/her and like reading her posts-why are you reading them?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's bullshit.

You have been directed to sources dozens of times to prove that Islam doesn't "endorse killing Islam's critics."  Yet you latch on to the most ricidulous and extreme version you can find, and claim it is the truth.

You don't want to see it because you prefer to focus on only the things, no matter how extreme or non-representative, that support your view that Islam is a violent religion filled with murderous nutcases.

My husband told me about a very popular Imam in Egypt who explained how Islam should approach those who wish to use violence:

Say an extremist is talking to an Imam.  He is furious and angry, and hateful against, say, an atheist (called a "disbeliever" not as is commonly reported, an "infidel.")

So the Imam askes the extremist:

"Do you believe that the disbeliever is going to hell?"  

The extremist says, "yes, of course!"

The Imam says so if you kill him, what happens?"

"He goes to hell"

"Why are you on the side of evil, to make sure the people go to hell, to help the devil in his work to get as many people in hell as he can?  Why not allow that person to make their own choices and decisions, and come to their own conclusion, and possibly come to God later in life? If you do that, you are on the side of evil, rather than the side of God."

So while you can say that Islam may share what some see as the self-aggrandizing nature of all religions, that they are the path to God, you can't really say that that judgement is up to people, but rather up to God.  The above story is not some "westernized" person, it came from a cleric who is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Let's just stick to reality here.  The below definition is crap.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting mehamil1:

I was talking to crackheadcakebaker. She seems to think Jihad means "kill all white Americans and then some". The muslimahs on this board have explained over and over again that it means struggle. Whatever that imam meant/intended, whatever. Different strokes for different folks. For the grand majority of Muslims though, I'd say it means struggle. But I'm not the community spokesperson for the worlds 1 billion Muslims. For all I know he could have meant the monkeys in my butt. 

Quoting 12hellokitty:
So then how do you know what the Imams intended meaning of Jihad was?
Quoting mehamil1:

I don't know. I didn't write the speech. 

Quoting 12hellokitty:

If that's all it means then why the need to for a disclaimer after the Imams speech?

“Just a disclaimer,” the emcee said. “Imam Shakir, he’s not advocating for armed struggle in Ethiopia. He’s just simply giving us a lesson. We’ll just continue with our non-violent struggle until these guys who are in prison [in Ethiopia] who did not bow down for this repressive government … are free.”

Quoting mehamil1:

Hey stupid, jihad means struggle. Not go blow people up. 

Quoting Imacakebaker:

s you all are good with a imam in americal calling for jihad?  nice.

What do you think of this part?

Quote:

The murder of rabbi Meir Kahane “was not a violation, in the sense that Kahane adopted a position against all Arabs and Muslims,” said Elsayed, according to the Times.

According to numerous Islamic leaders, Islamic law endorses the use of war to expand the rule of Islam. The law, dubbed Shariah, also endorses the killing of Islam’s critics, including poets Christian preachers, and it allows only grudging recognition of non-Islamic governments.

For orthodox Muslims, civilian law is subordinate to Islamic requirements.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)