Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Stripper Posts Picture of Money from One Night's Work on Reddit

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 91 Replies

Stripper Posts Picture of Money from One Night's Work on Reddit

article image
By Ashley Davis, Wed, April 24, 2013

A stripper who was tired of defending her job posted a picture of the money she made in one night onto Reddit.

The picture shows $3,345 in different types of bills. With those kind of tips, Reddit user Menagerii could make $120,000 a year by just working three shifts a month.

"From now on when people ask me why I'm a stripper, I'm just going to show them this picture (one day of work)," she said on the caption.

She said she is using the money she makes from stripping to pay her way through an engineering degree at "one of the most prestigious public tech schools in the U.S." She also said she puts away 90% of it for savings.

That particular shift was a long one, lasting from 11:30 a.m. until 3:30 a.m. She said she usually makes anywhere between $500 and $1,500 a night when it's not a double shift.

"Luckily, that day I didn't have to dance much. I probably only did about 30 or so table dances and five stage sets," she said.

Menagerii is also in the stripping business because it allows her to have a flexible schedule.

"I can skip out for three or four months straight and come back no questions asked...as long as I didn't gain weight," she said.

Many people commented on the photo, some criticizing her for it and others saying they wished they made that kind of money.

Some questioned whether or not she pays taxes.

"I claim all!...Most!...Some...A little bit...Dammit, I pay taxes!" she replied.

The dancer also said she has to pay the club when she works, including a house fee of $45 on top of 10% of tips.

"I worked two shifts that day so I paid $90 plus 10 percent," she sid.

A few people asked what her family thought of her job.

"When I told my dad, he said he was fine with it as long as I didn't ask him for money, start doing drugs, or start hooking," she said.

One user said she was a "f**king idiot" because no eligible guys would ever date her when they "can find an equally (or more) attractive non-stripper."

She said she has no problem finding eligible men to date.

"Since I've been working I've been proposed to twice, both by men that make over 6 figures a year," she said. "I'm actually currently dating a director for a very popular TV series...so I'm not sure where you got your information?"

One person said they wanted to get into stripping, too, and wondered how they could.

She said there weren't very many requirements, just that you have to be in "good shape, quick witted, confident, and have a pretty face."

Another user made a joke about how they would only make a little bit more than her if they obtained a high paying job as a lawyer.

"Law textbooks: $400 a semester. Tuition: $40,000. Learning that at the top of my field, I can only barely make more per hour than a stripper: Priceless."

Sources: MSN, NY Daily News

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
talia-mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM
10 moms liked this

meh

No one forced anyone to give her money.

Prostitution should be legal.

Tag3.0
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Quoting talia-mom:

meh

No one forced anyone to give her money.

Prostitution should be legal.

yOU ARE MY NEW FAVORITE PERSON!

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM
3 moms liked this

Yikes.  You think anyone is interested in still-attractive 50 year old strippers?

Lol (I'm KIDDING!)

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I see nothing wrong with working in this profession. It's a job it pays well and many are getting and education while doing so
talia-mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Please don't perpetuate the myth that many of these people are going for their BA's or law degrees.

A few?   yes.   Not that many.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It is an honest living and she is not depending on the government for her education, I can not see a problem with it.

Ultra_
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Meh. I feel neither here nor there about this.

Tag3.0
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Quoting pamelax3:

It is an honest living and she is not depending on the government for her education, I can not see a problem with it.

It does not mention anything about the government in the article. Plus, she is not required to report all of her wages. The government wouldnt really know how much a stripper makes.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I would be doing this if my son hadn't ruined my abdomen. I've been to the strip club 3 times and my God I would so do it. Those ladies BANK. 

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a very close family member of mine that dances to put herself through med school. She works 4 days a month and is able to get along just fine. I can't say I wouldn't do it if pregnancy hadn't ruined my cans.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN