Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Apparently the Boston bomber suspect wasn't armed when he was fired upon

I just read an article that the bomber who holed up in a parked boat was unarmed. Is that even news worthy? He appears to be a legitimate suspect that bombed a public space killing and injuring people. Does it matter that he wasn't armed when he was running from law enforcement?

Although police feared he was heavily armed, the suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings had no firearms when he came under a barrage of police gunfire that struck the boat where he was hiding, according to multiple federal law enforcement officials.

Authorities said they were desperate to capture Dzhokhar Tsarnaev so he could be questioned. The FBI, however, declined to discuss what triggered the gunfire.

Video

Speaking at the memorial service of slain MIT police officer Sean Collier, who was killed while pursuing the Boston bombing suspects, Vice President Biden praised Collier as "a wonderful kid" and promised, “we will not yield to fear.”

Speaking at the memorial service of slain MIT police officer Sean Collier, who was killed while pursuing the Boston bombing suspects, Vice President Biden praised Collier as "a wonderful kid" and promised, “we will not yield to fear.”

Other law enforcement officials said the shooting may have been prompted by the chaos of the moment and some action that led the officers present to believe Tsarnaev had fired a weapon or was about to detonate explosives.

These new details emerged as investigators continued their examination of the movements and motives of Tsarnaev, 19, and his brother, Tamerlan, in last week’s coordinated bombing, which killed three people and wounded more than 250.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Lol. You're funny. Why don't you go and take a class in intelligent conversation and debate. I hear that one of your local colleges just had an opening.

Quoting Donnah118:Well lilole you speaks like more like a former security guard rather than someone in law enforcement who can recognize the successful capture of a terrorist.I live in Boston, Couldn't go to work. DD couldn't go to school. Told to stay in our homes. Everything was shut down even the damn post office.Pretty scary shit. My dd asking if we were safe. I was ESTATIC when he was caught and relieved. So yeah, you piss off.Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:Everyone lives in Watertown except you yet you speak as if you were there watching the play by play. I suppose lil ole you speaks for thousands involved in law enforcement across the country? Yeah, I didn't think so. So glad you're not interested, piss off and have a nice day.

Quoting Donnah118:Ok before I leave this converation and the many like it on this site I would like to point out that I have a cousin in Watertown. My old boss lives in Watertown and a childhood friend of mine has parents who live in Watertown. I would also like to point out that officers were live, on air carrying children from the surrounding homes of the home where the boat was located. How is it that officers in the country stands together united on this but you? Thousands all across the Country, former and current law enforcement came to Boston to pay respects to the murdered MIT officer and yet here you sit correcting us cicvilians. Not interested. Have a nice day.Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:Let me tell you something about evacuations. Not EVERYONE gets evacuated. The police can only SUGGEST that people leave their homes they cannot FORCE people out by dragging them into the streets. Therefore WE, in law enforcement are supposed to act as if all the homes are occupied. That's SOP.

Even though you're in BOSTON, it's clear that you don't know everything that you think you know so,

Pay closer attention.

Quoting Donnah118:Evacuated. Gee for a bunch of people who know so much you seemed to miss a hell of a lot of the news. Or is it just that those of us in Boston paid closer attention ?

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:It is absolutely necessary to assume that he is armed and dangerous. With that said, there is a level of force that we go by.
You can't see the suspect, can't tell if he's armed or not and have not been fired upon (assuming) - then the barrage of bullets was wrong. They are lucky that innocent bystanders (if there were any) were not hurt because of the gunfire. Or that one of those rounds didn't go through a window of a house that was occupied.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:I am a retired cop as many of you know. I wondered this immediately. If he did not fire first then there's a problem. We are not here to execute. I could see however, a well placed shot to the neck by ONE shooter in the event they thought he was wearing a suicide vest.

But, there's no evidence either way if he was definitively armed or not. Time will tell.His brother died while driving a car they car jacked. One or both of them appeared to be armed during that chase. Is it not prudent to assume that the one that escaped is likely armed and dangerous? Just curious about your thoughts and opinions on the matter.
emilysmom8
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I dont care if he was armed or not, he is a terrorist and deserves everything he got plus more
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM
2 moms liked this

"Other law enforcement officials said the shooting may have been prompted by the chaos of the moment and some action that led the officers present to believe Tsarnaev had fired a weapon or was about to detonate explosives."

That may be what happened.

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I am not surprised he wasnt armed.  I do think he promoted himself as a danger therfore it is expected that this would follow.  I dont find it to be an ideal way of doing things but it is to be expected.

Donnah118
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM

That's funny? It's funny that my kid was asking me if we were safe because of what was going on? Why don't you do something beneficial with your time since you seem to have such an interest and volunteer your expert opinion? You are a fucking joke. You are not debating. You are extremely vague and insulting. Not impressing.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Lol. You're funny. Why don't you go and take a class in intelligent conversation and debate. I hear that one of your local colleges just had an opening.

Quoting Donnah118:Well lilole you speaks like more like a former security guard rather than someone in law enforcement who can recognize the successful capture of a terrorist.I live in Boston, Couldn't go to work. DD couldn't go to school. Told to stay in our homes. Everything was shut down even the damn post office.Pretty scary shit. My dd asking if we were safe. I was ESTATIC when he was caught and relieved. So yeah, you piss off.Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:Everyone lives in Watertown except you yet you speak as if you were there watching the play by play. I suppose lil ole you speaks for thousands involved in law enforcement across the country? Yeah, I didn't think so. So glad you're not interested, piss off and have a nice day.

Quoting Donnah118:Ok before I leave this converation and the many like it on this site I would like to point out that I have a cousin in Watertown. My old boss lives in Watertown and a childhood friend of mine has parents who live in Watertown. I would also like to point out that officers were live, on air carrying children from the surrounding homes of the home where the boat was located. How is it that officers in the country stands together united on this but you? Thousands all across the Country, former and current law enforcement came to Boston to pay respects to the murdered MIT officer and yet here you sit correcting us cicvilians. Not interested. Have a nice day.Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:Let me tell you something about evacuations. Not EVERYONE gets evacuated. The police can only SUGGEST that people leave their homes they cannot FORCE people out by dragging them into the streets. Therefore WE, in law enforcement are supposed to act as if all the homes are occupied. That's SOP.

Even though you're in BOSTON, it's clear that you don't know everything that you think you know so,

Pay closer attention.

Quoting Donnah118:Evacuated. Gee for a bunch of people who know so much you seemed to miss a hell of a lot of the news. Or is it just that those of us in Boston paid closer attention ?

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:It is absolutely necessary to assume that he is armed and dangerous. With that said, there is a level of force that we go by.
You can't see the suspect, can't tell if he's armed or not and have not been fired upon (assuming) - then the barrage of bullets was wrong. They are lucky that innocent bystanders (if there were any) were not hurt because of the gunfire. Or that one of those rounds didn't go through a window of a house that was occupied.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:I am a retired cop as many of you know. I wondered this immediately. If he did not fire first then there's a problem. We are not here to execute. I could see however, a well placed shot to the neck by ONE shooter in the event they thought he was wearing a suicide vest.

But, there's no evidence either way if he was definitively armed or not. Time will tell.His brother died while driving a car they car jacked. One or both of them appeared to be armed during that chase. Is it not prudent to assume that the one that escaped is likely armed and dangerous? Just curious about your thoughts and opinions on the matter.

lilbit53009
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM

that's what we're being told tho

there was a naked man that was in police custody that night, handcuffed and walking fine on his own...the man looked exactly like the older brother

their father is even now saying that it was the older brother and that he knows for sure (i would think a father could definately tell if it's his son or not)

the more details that come out the more shady this investigation is starting to look. our local news ran a story this morning on how our govener and the school suspect 2 went to won't release any information on him and how it's not right that they're keeping everything so hush hush

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

I am a retired cop as many of you know. I wondered this immediately. If he did not fire first then there's a problem. We are not here to execute. I could see however, a well placed shot to the neck by ONE shooter in the event they thought he was wearing a suicide vest.

But, there's no evidence either way if he was definitively armed or not. Time will tell.

His brother died while driving a car they car jacked. One or both of them appeared to be armed during that chase. Is it not prudent to assume that the one that escaped is likely armed and dangerous? Just curious about your thoughts and opinions on the matter.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Glad that I could provide you and your kid with some comic relief. Think what you want and if it feels better having the last word in your big IGNORANT mouth, then by all means have it, and continue to lie to your little brat. 

Havr a GREAT daaaayyy......blowing kisses

Quoting Donnah118:

That's funny? It's funny that my kid was asking me if we were safe because of what was going on? Why don't you do something beneficial with your time since you seem to have such an interest and volunteer your expert opinion? You are a fucking joke. You are not debating. You are extremely vague and insulting. Not impressing.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Pay closer attention.

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
3 moms liked this
Waco, Ruby Ridge.

Quoting Donnah118:

And the FBI, ATF, Boston Police,Watertown Police, Military and the rest of our law enforcement officials are incorrect? Give me a break.They did their jobs. Period.

Quoting Carpy:

Maybe, because she is correct?

Quoting Donnah118:

Ok before I leave this converation and the many like it on this site I would like to point out that I have a cousin in Watertown. My old boss lives in Watertown and a childhood friend of mine has parents who live in Watertown. I would also like to point out that officers were live, on air carrying children from the surrounding homes of the home where the boat was located. How is it that officers in the country stands together united on this but you? Thousands all across the Country, former and current law enforcement came to Boston to pay respects to the murdered MIT officer and yet here you sit correcting us cicvilians. Not interested. Have a nice day.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Let me tell you something about evacuations. Not EVERYONE gets evacuated. The police can only SUGGEST that people leave their homes they cannot FORCE people out by dragging them into the streets. Therefore WE, in law enforcement are supposed to act as if all the homes are occupied. That's SOP.

Pay closer attention.

beans13
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh well. He is responsible for killing 4 people and seriously injuring countless others. They got the f*cker.
Donnah118
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Oh that's mature. Unfortunately for you I have thicker skin than that. I must say I actually do find you quite comical. In fact, you get better by the moment. Your superior debating skills and first hand knowledge of the workings of law enforcement have truly enlightened me.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Glad that I could provide you and your kid with some comic relief. Think what you want and if it feels better having the last word in your big IGNORANT mouth, then by all means have it, and continue to lie to your little brat. 

Havr a GREAT daaaayyy......blowing kisses

Quoting Donnah118:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Pay closer attention.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN