Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What exactly would you like to see done - Sensitive topic

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 255 Replies
11 moms liked this

For those that continue to make post after post about "radical Islam" what exactly do you think should be done about it?  

Here was one opinion on what the US should do: (for those that can't track this is not my statement but one from another post)

Quote: anon

I am sick to being attacked by Muslims.  I am not calling for killing anyone, just sending them back to where they belong, and not letting them in.

Do you agree with this statement?  If you do, where do you stand on the Constitution and the freedom of religion in the US?  Would you be good with dismantling the 1st Amendment to only allow freedom of religion for a select few?   

This is what I'm not understanding.  People claim that liberals turn a blind eye to "radical Islam" and I've yet to see anyone claim they don't exist.  What I do see is the reality that religious extremism is going to exist in all forms because our Constitution protects one's right to hold extreme views.  I personally would not support amending religious freedom as I believe it offers important protections that we should strive to uphold not dismantle.  

I'm personally tired of being attacked by crazed gun owners and corrupt corporations that take shortcuts and ignore safety regulations which in the end destroy lives, kill innocent people and leave a wake of destruction.  Can we start sending them all where they belong next?  

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay08
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I do have to run errands this morning so it may be awhile before I get back to the post.  

notabosley
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Bump
Peanutx3
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:15 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't agree with the statement.  Religious freedom is important.

tscritch
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
10 moms liked this

First lets take a look at the "camps" that we constructed for anyone of Japanese descent after Pearl Harbor. How did that work out for us?

Now I know people aren't dogs...but the statement in the OP made me think of this quotation. Just replace the dog breed with whichever race/religion that pertains. The concept is the same.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM
3 moms liked this

Love this thread, OP.

Based on the basic premise of the existence of the US of A and on ideas such as this:

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.” 

I'd say some commenters, like the one quoted, just have little idea of what our country is about.

I too am tired of corrupt corps that screw the citizens of this planet- Corporate Sovereignty is a scary notion-

lokilover
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

It's also a fuction of the first amendment to gurantee freedom of speech which includes criquing other religions. 

lokilover
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tscritch:

First lets take a look at the "camps" that we constructed for anyone of Japanese descent after Pearl Harbor. How did that work out for us?

Now I know people aren't dogs...but the statement in the OP made me think of this quotation. Just replace the dog breed with whichever race/religion that pertains. The concept is the same.

Pitbull activists are the worst, and being against pitbulls is not the same thing as being racist.

katy_kay08
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM

thanks for the bump.  

Quoting lokilover:

It's also a fuction of the first amendment to gurantee freedom of speech which includes criquing other religions. 

jllcali
by LoyalAndCute on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Being in support of banning religions from this country goes beyond critiquing.

Quoting lokilover:

LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM
4 moms liked this
Has anyone told the person quoted that some Muslims were born here?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured