Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

My daughter and I will be cake bakers tomorrow

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM
  • 44 Replies
2 moms liked this

...for real, lol. It will be the anniversary of my birth. 

Last year, when she was 11, my daughter found a recipe online and made me from scratch the most scrumptious cake:

It was a mint chocolate cake, with chocolate swirls in the batter...and a white chocolate ganache frosting! She picked the recipe, & went & harvested some of the first mint leaves from our kitchen garden.

Since she has grown up seeing me bake from scratch, she had no problems.

So this year I emailed her a recipe I found for Devil's food chocolate, and one for a scrumptious sounding seven minute vanilla frosting. 

But I'll be baking, too. Her Tia has he same birthday! But I tease her because while it's the same day, she is three years older.

She & her sister & kinda whole extended family loooove the lemon butter cake I am kinda known for. It's a bit of a b*tch to make, but sooo worth it:

So..I AM a cake baker. 

And so is my daughter. 

P.S. Please DO SHARE your most awesome delectable recipes! 

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a cupcake baker, so I'm out. lol Although if I do make a cake I just use a cupcake recipe. Today I made Earl Grey cupcakes with Lavender frosting. They were super yummy.

Generica
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I so love this! 

Generica
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Im not that good of a baker but this past year my DD and I have tried to bake goodies for various events. We have fun in spite of stuff burning here and there lol

nb34
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Happy Birthday!! Those cakes look great :)

Tomorrow is my son's birthday so I will be baking him a cake too. He is turning three and I think a spider man cake is in order. I am baking tomorrow and decorating a chocolate cake, filled with chocolate pastry cream, covered in ganache and decorated with marshmallow fondant!!

Generica
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Oh and these are such pretty pieces!~ Mine end up all kinds of battered down...

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting nb34:

Tomorrow is my son's birthday so I will be baking him a cake too. He is turning three and I think a spider man cake is in order. I am baking tomorrow and decorating a chocolate cake, filled with chocolate pastry cream, covered in ganache and decorated with marshmallow fondant!!

Well. Send me a slice and I'll let you know if I approve ;P

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Quoting Kitschy:

I'm a cupcake baker, so I'm out. lol Although if I do make a cake I just use a cupcake recipe. Today I made Earl Grey cupcakes with Lavender frosting. They were super yummy.

I love Earl Grey tea! Mmmm, those sound yummy!

D.O.E.
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

i saw that recipe! i even commented on the blog lol

Quoting Kitschy:

Shoota
by Lauren on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes please. I will have a slice of each. Happy Birthday!
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting nb34:

Oh & I forgot to say, thank you for the birthday wishes! And happy birthday to your son!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)