Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Challenge to Christians: Wear an Atheist T-Shirt and Gauge Reactions

The Atheist Advocate proposes a challenge to Christians:

I often hear Christians claim that they have been persecuted throughout history and they are still being persecuted today. I don't think they know the meaning of the word! So, I'm issuing this challenge. You may choose to challenge your Christian friends as well.

Wear an Atheist shirt for a week (wash it once in a while!) everywhere you go, NOT covered up with another shirt. Allowing the public to see it clearly. If a person comments (friends, family, church members, strangers) you're not allowed to divulge which religion you actually are, or explain yourself in any way. You must only listen to what they say and respond with "I'd rather not talk about it!"

Even though it would leave a bad taste in my mouth, I would wear the Christian shirt with the same rules for the same week.

At the end of that week, who do you think would have a clearer understand of the meaning of the word persecution?

Bonus points if you do it in the South.

April 25, 2013 By

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Replies (421-424):
punky3175
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I want to hear her interpretation of your avatar. :-) I remember you discussing it before.

Hell I'd like most to figure out who/what mine is and means.

Quoting autodidact:

I'd love to hear some of your interpretations of that which you most likely fail to grasp.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

We all put profiles of ourselves.

They all give insight as to who we are as people.

Even if they are set to private, there are still clues there that reveal about each of us (the background).

Even the avatar does that:  show about the person.

I look at them to get a feel of to whom I am responding.

Veronica 

Quoting punky3175:

Why are you looking at people's profiles?

Quoting VeronicaTex:

To tell you the truth, I have learned more from your profiles than I really care to know.

You will reap what you sow, ladies.

I know I will also.

The difference is that I am sure where I will be for eternity.

Veronica-Roman Catholic

katzmeow726
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I know.who guides me....it certainly isn't the hate that guides you. But be prepared...when you pray for God to change another, He often changes YOU first. So you know what, pray away. Maybe he will soften your heart and help you see all the damage you have done

Quoting VeronicaTex:

With all due respect, that was a sincere desire on my part for you.

I now pray that you discover who really guides us all.

It is God, and no one else.

Veronica   good morning

Quoting katzmeow726:

Please don't pray for me unless you intend to change your ways in here.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Have a good day, katsmeow726.

I pray you enjoy your Bible study.

Veronica  good morning

Quoting katzmeow726:

You really should read the gospels and read more on what Christ said. You obviously have yet to absorb his message. Or maybe you are choosing to ignore it? That is what I have dedicated my Bible study to this month. We all need reminding of it. He is the base of our faith. You focus too much on what others do wrong. He focused on what we can do.right in how we treat others. If you ask me, his example.is much better to follow than the one you give us. How can someone who has.his love as an example.to live by, be so cruel and hateful? It feels like you care more about shaming others who don't meet your standards than you do about sharing His love.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

To tell you the truth, I have learned more from your profiles than I really care to know.

I know I will also.

Veronica-Roman Catholic

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I'm also interested to hear how my steampunk wallpaper condemns me to hell, lol.

Quoting punky3175:

I want to hear her interpretation of your avatar. :-) I remember you discussing it before.

Hell I'd like most to figure out who/what mine is and means.

Quoting autodidact:

I'd love to hear some of your interpretations of that which you most likely fail to grasp.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

We all put profiles of ourselves.

They all give insight as to who we are as people.

Even if they are set to private, there are still clues there that reveal about each of us (the background).

Even the avatar does that:  show about the person.

I look at them to get a feel of to whom I am responding.

Veronica 

Quoting punky3175:

Why are you looking at people's profiles?

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I know I will also.

Veronica-Roman Catholic

elliephant
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this

a faith that has the history that the Roman Catholic religion has, and falls under the decree of the Vatican moreso than the Gospels....is not a faith that i accept as understanding what "being persecuted" means...i see them more as being the perpetrator.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN