Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What books have you read to your kids?

We are reading Treasure Island and the littlest one is enjoying it the most I think:)  I have several on our to read list including Call of the Wild and Tom Sawyer. Maybe Hunger Games as I have mentioned before.

What books do you want to share with your children?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
karisma22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this

We read so many books when my daughter was little:  Arthur the Aavark books, Little Critter, Clifford the Big Red Dog, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (and all the books that followed), Chick-a-Chick-a Boom, Boom, Stellaluna, the Fudge books, Bunnicula books, Jan Brett Books (if you haven't seen these, they have the most beautiful illustrations), Eric Carle books.  So many more that I can't think of right now.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this

We did innumerable children's picture books.  An early favorite was Counting Crocodiles, and like lots of kids he liked the Eric Carle books.  We read standards like Alice in Wonderland, the first Harry Potter, the first couple of Narnia books.   

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I still get sad with the Velveteen Rabbit. :(

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

A lot.

Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Amelia Bedilia books, Ramona books, Dr. Suess books, anything by Roald Dahl, The Rainbow Fish, The Giving Tree, Black Beauty, Fraggle Rock books, The Velveteen Rabbit, etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM

We have read Narnia and all the disney classics as well as the Hobbit, .  When I was a child my grandmother read me the Hans Christian Anderson stories and I want to read them too.

I cant begin to count or name the shorter stories we have read lol, books are important around here and we have gone through an awful lot of them  as far as childrens stories go.  Many that you all have named we have or had. 

I definitely think I need to get the Little House books.  I bet I can get them on e books, it is much nicer to read from my computer IMO.  I was thrilled to find I can borrow ebooks from the library :)

Piskie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
At the moment its through the looking glass... She absolutely loves it. Already done Alice in wonderland, and the hobbit.
desertlvn
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Oh yes, Ramona books! My dd loved them and is retreading them.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

A lot.

Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Amelia Bedilia books, Ramona books, Dr. Suess books, anything by Roald Dahl, The Rainbow Fish, The Giving Tree, Black Beauty, Fraggle Rock books, The Velveteen Rabbit, etc.

LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Catcher in the Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird, Don Quixote, Animal Farm, many classic novels.
romalove
by Roma on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Charlotte's Web

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:34 AM

The Wizard of Oz and we're in the middle of Harriet The Spy.  DS is almost 5.  

~"Dream the dreams of others and you will be no one's rival." ~

desertlvn
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Great post!

my kids also love Greek mythology and Merlin tales.

we also do books on tape for the car. Love that library.

Quoting survivorinohio:

We have read Narnia and all the disney classics as well as the Hobbit, .  When I was a child my grandmother read me the Hans Christian Anderson stories and I want to read them too.

I cant begin to count or name the shorter stories we have read lol, books are important around here and we have gone through an awful lot of them  as far as childrens stories go.  Many that you all have named we have or had. 

I definitely think I need to get the Little House books.  I bet I can get them on e books, it is much nicer to read from my computer IMO.  I was thrilled to find I can borrow ebooks from the library :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)