Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What books have you read to your kids?

We are reading Treasure Island and the littlest one is enjoying it the most I think:)  I have several on our to read list including Call of the Wild and Tom Sawyer. Maybe Hunger Games as I have mentioned before.

What books do you want to share with your children?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
rfurlongg
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
We just finished A Wrinkle in Time and started 39 clues. We read Treasure Island a while ago, it was a big hit. We have also read a few Hardy Boys. The 50's slang has been a bit hard for them to grasp although they enjoy it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorik1969
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:39 AM
My youngest are teens now, but I have all of their Dr. Seuss books boxed and waiting for grandkids!
lga1965
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, this was 40+ years ago. :-)  It's hard to remember back that far. LOL.When they were small , we read the Dr Seuss books , Richard Scarry's books about Busytown, "what do people do every day",etc. Some of the Caldecott Award and Newbery award books, and "Are You My Mother" and others for toddlers. And as soon as they could read, they started reading books by themselves. They were allowed to read about a half hour each night when they went to bed . And they were encouraged to read any other time of the day, espcially when it was rainy outside and they were bored. :-) There were no computers and video games then either, except for
Pong" .LOL.

My girls liked the Little House on the Prairie books, the whole series.

romalove
by Roma on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Arm in Arm by Remy Charlip, especially for a bright or creative child

The Borrowers

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

There are two many to count. DS loved call of the wild, the outsiders, we read hunger games as a family. His reaction when he finishe Hitch Hikers Guide to the Universe was classic. His whole life before that, I would answer tough questions with 42 - when he finished that book, he ran to me - "Really mom 42 Really" I still giggle about that day when he finally got it.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Too many to list.

desertlvn
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:42 AM

What is arm in arm about?

Quoting romalove:

Arm in Arm by Remy Charlip, especially for a bright or creative child

The Borrowers

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I love Tom Sawyer and will try to read it to my kids. They're fun books with great lessons. I know that i will kee an open mind about all books and encourage my kids to read.

My kids are toddlers. I've been reading to them since they were in my womb. The one thing they agree upon right now is the books I read. They love Harold and the Purple Crayon, Curious George, The Alexander books, and Mo Willems books like 'Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!".

KayLundy3
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
My girls are very little and still into picture books.. right now they love the Llama Llama books, Princess Stories, and Dr.Seuss.
I collect books for when they are older though so right now I have a few Ramona books, Stuart Little, Matilda, and The Witches.
popomill
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
A ton of dr. Seuss, anything super hero pretty much the basics. I can't wait till I can read him Harry potter and stuff. Lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)