Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

No strapless dresses at middle school dance

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 34 Replies
I am sure there are a lot of moms who are not OK with this rule made by a principle on the east coast. I have to say as the mom of a 13 yrs boy I think that is a fabulous idea. We as parents need to remember girls are mostly more mature that boys. It is the boys who just can't handle it. There hormones are raging and they make STUPID mistakes. ie try and pull the dresses down and so on. So moms don't be angry just add some straps and then relax
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElleAimeleVie
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM

:-/

Anonopotamus
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM
4 moms liked this
While I agree with the rule, I totally disagree with your rationalization for the rule. Trying to pull a dress down isn't a stupid hormonal mistake. It's a sign that your kid has not been raised to respect others.
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's a great idea. At 12-15 they shouldn't be wearing strapless anything anyways regardless where they kids are. 

jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I think it is a great idea.
PurdueMom
by Sherri on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM
3 moms liked this

Personally, I don't like the idea of a formal dance in middle school, period.  Dances where jeans can be worn, fine.  

There is plenty of time for 'grown-up' formals in high school and beyond.

ElleAimeleVie
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Right.

Quoting Anonopotamus:

While I agree with the rule, I totally disagree with your rationalization for the rule. Trying to pull a dress down isn't a stupid hormonal mistake. It's a sign that your kid has not been raised to respect others.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Peer pressure is a bitch! :( unfortunately kids today listen to their friends a lot more than they do their parents. They do things to "impress" friends. Not saying that it's okay by any means.... because I agree that kids need to be raised to be respectful. But even the most respectful kid can succumb to peer pressure.

Quoting Anonopotamus:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Anonopotamus
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
What the hell is wrong with these mothers replies?

Peer pressure my ass. There is no excuse for pulling a dress down and it was a ridiculous justification for the rule by the OP.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Peer pressure is a bitch! :( unfortunately kids today listen to their friends a lot more than they do their parents. They do things to "impress" friends. Not saying that it's okay by any means.... because I agree that kids need to be raised to be respectful. But even the most respectful kid can succumb to peer pressure.

Quoting Anonopotamus:

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM

What the hell is wrong with the fact that you can't read? I never said it was right, excusable, etc. 

Quoting Anonopotamus:

What the hell is wrong with these mothers replies?

Peer pressure my ass. There is no excuse for pulling a dress down and it was a ridiculous justification for the rule by the OP.
Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting Anonopotamus:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

SRUsarahSC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a daughter, I think it's a good rule. These are KIDS, parents need to stop buying outfits for them that make them look like mini prostitutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)