Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Women deserve to be raped. For the bible tells me so *EDITED..sorta

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:30 AM
  • 137 Replies

PHOENIX - A Tucson man tells women they deserve to be raped, and a University of Arizona student has no plans to stop spreading his message because he says the bible tells Christians to "hold up a banner."

In a video on Youtube, you can see and hear Dean Saxton proudly sharing his message on the University of Arizona campus. He often yells directly at women and tells them they deserve to be raped for wearing shorts and dresses in the desert.  

"Most the girls on this campus are asking to be raped," said Saxton. 

Saturday we talked to the non-denominational Christian and self-proclaimed "preacher of righteousness" via Skype with his friend Sarah at his side.

"I think that a lot of college girls are asking for it and have partial responsibility for those actions. They have responsibility for a man raping them. If you prove you're provoking it by wearing short shorts or short dress, yes. How? Because men are visual," said Saxton. 

Some signs even say "you deserve hell." The majority of his messages are aimed at members of Greek life. 

He calls sorority members derogatory names and accuses fraternity member of being rapists.

"We have girls dressing up like whores, drinking, getting blackout drunk and then I think that it's not okay to act surprised when a guy has sex with you, and to that the target audience is naive college girls and guys," said Saxton. 

Sarah McKenzie says as a woman, she supports Saxton's message

"It is kind of inviting, dressing immodestly. I don't think it's right, but like dean said, the girl is partially responsible," said McKenzie. 

Saxton says he's been attacked on campus at least 10 times

"Ya know, if people don't feel like killing me, there's probably a problem with my Christianity," said Saxton. 

He'll continue to spread his message even though he admits it will likely turn many people away from Christianity. 

Saxton also added that he believes rapists should get the death penalty and he shows that on signs.

The campus has not stopped Saxton because of his right to free speech and, at this point, he has not violated the student code of conduct.

Thoughts?

Ok for all you drama queens out there THIS is not a Christianity bash post. This is a "look at this dumbass fool using his religion to preach hate" post. And if some of you (you know who you are, the pigeons who wanna make more out of what the actual point is) need to grow the hell up. I copied and pasted an article, nowhere on here does it say I'm bashing a religion. The title is dead on whether you like it or not. The man is using the bible to justify his belief that women deserve to be violated just because of the way they are dressed.....so if theres a problem with it...don't read it and move on.

AND unlike some women on here, I actually have a life, family, and friends and not on Cafemom 24/7....which is why I'm not jumping on every little comment made about me. I made the post to see what everyones reaction and thoughts are about this, not to get into a relgious debate with certain people who are too ignorant to have an intelligent debate with in the first place.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DragonInfinity
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:34 AM
4 moms liked this
THAT is NOT christianity!!!!!!!!!!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Agreed. I am in no way shape or form religious, but I think this is the definition of extreme Christianity...like the Westboro Baptist Church. Using religion to spread their hate. Sad.

Quoting DragonInfinity:

THAT is NOT christianity!!!!!!!!!!

jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM
11 moms liked this
If women are partially responsible for being raped if they "dress immodestly" then how responsible is he for being attacked for his abominable comments?

Pretty sure if I hit him with a brick in his dumb ass mouth, he wouldn't think it was him asking for it by saying stupid shit, because well, everyone knows women are emotional and we can't control ourselves.

Oh, wait, it's only men that deserve to blame others for their actions. My bad.
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh, okay here we go again....let's demonize Christianity....

No REAL Christian would EVER say, believe, or agree with this

Lorik1969
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this
What is with all the bible bashing tonight? I saw the video and the guy is a loon. We'll be hearing about him on the news one day and I don't think it'll be for protesting.
wirehangers
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh I hope he's single!He sounds like just the kind of guy I've been looking for.I'm getting sick of having high self-esteem

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:03 AM

The school doesn't have to put up with his shit and should expell his psychotic ass.

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:05 AM
4 moms liked this

Or no true scotsman?

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/no-true-scotsman/

Quoting buttersworth:

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:09 AM
5 moms liked this

Err...no one said all Christians do this.

This is one idiot and that is all that is being spoken about..that one idiot. 

However, who are you to say he is not a real christian? Perhaps that is how he interprets the bible. I don't think it is right, but you can't say he doesn't follow your deity

Quoting buttersworth:

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM
2 moms liked this

If he's not a "real Christian" then how is this demonizing Christianity? This article in no way extrapolates his behavior to all Christians.

Quoting buttersworth:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)