Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Top 50 countries that Christians face persecution for activelt pursuing their faith

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 102 Replies

The organisation publishes an annual "World Watch List" which ranks countries by the severity of persecution that Christians face for actively pursuing their faith. One of the tools of Open Doors to track and measure the extent of persecution of Christians in the world is the World Watch List (WWL). The WWL is based on the research and comparison of expert opinions (Open Doors’ field researchers, external experts, academics) and publicly available research documents. It is a qualitative instrument based on these expert opinions and through the examination of different opinions seeks objectivity. In 2012, the methodology of the WWL was comprehensively revised in order to provide greater credibility, transparency, objectivity and scientific quality.[16]

The top 50 positions of the 2013 list are taken by the following countries:[17]

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
14 moms liked this

I guess many American christians should feel thankful for living in a country where they are free to worship whomever they wish without fear of being imprisoned or put to death

TattedReader
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
well I can honestly say I have no interest in stepping foot in any of those countries.
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM
5 moms liked this

I have a question... do you think that only christians are persecuted in those countries? I mean.. of course, no other faith could be persecuted, only christians, right??

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Sekirei:

I have a question... do you think that only christians are persecuted in those countries? I mean.. of course, no other faith could be persecuted, only christians, right??

Good question.  I don't know what other faiths if any are persecuted in these countries.  It would be great if you researched this and post what you find out.  Thanks in advance.

punky3175
by Punky on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM
10 moms liked this
Ya know in all the posts I've read in this group, I've never read that no Christians anywhere in the world are persecuted.

I HAVE read (multiple times) that Christians in the US are NOT persecuted. I've read that being respective of and acknowledging other religious holidays that happen to coincide with Christian holidays (and probably came first) is not persecution. I've read that stating that this country is not a Christian nation is not persecution.

So to all the Christians who love to cry 'persecution' here in the US, be glad you don't live in one of the 50 countries listed above but rather live in a nation that allows you to practice whatever religion you wish or no religion at all. And stop trying to force your religion into law.
SuperChicken
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:30 AM
11 moms liked this

I notice the U.S. is not on that list.    I guess Open Doors (I've never heard of them?) doesn't think that hearing people say "Happy Holidays" or not being able to have public school teachers lead a class in Christian prayer is persecution either.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this

from what little i have been able to start.. christians are also heavily persecuted in.... Israel... hmmmm 

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:33 AM
5 moms liked this

More reasons to be glad we do not have a theocracy in our country.  

~"Free the child's potential, and you will transform both the child and the world."

Dr. Maria Montessori~

PurdueMom
by Sherri on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM
3 moms liked this

Death > persecution.

Atheists win!

Sherri

KittyLicking.gif picture by wer4pu
kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Wait,you can't be a open Christian in any of those countries? I'm a little lost.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured