Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Top 50 countries that Christians face persecution for activelt pursuing their faith

Posted by   + Show Post

The organisation publishes an annual "World Watch List" which ranks countries by the severity of persecution that Christians face for actively pursuing their faith. One of the tools of Open Doors to track and measure the extent of persecution of Christians in the world is the World Watch List (WWL). The WWL is based on the research and comparison of expert opinions (Open Doors’ field researchers, external experts, academics) and publicly available research documents. It is a qualitative instrument based on these expert opinions and through the examination of different opinions seeks objectivity. In 2012, the methodology of the WWL was comprehensively revised in order to provide greater credibility, transparency, objectivity and scientific quality.[16]

The top 50 positions of the 2013 list are taken by the following countries:[17]

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Replies (101-102):
Kate_Momof3
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM

While I agree there is a lot of entertainment in poking trolls, this one isn't a troll and it's pretty evident there's a lot more than fervent Christianity going on here.

;0)

Quoting Arroree:

Aww but sometimes it's fun to poke at trolls, this one pops out from under her bridge ever so entertainingly :)

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

My advice: back away slowly and don't engage...

It's not worth it to poke.

;0)

Quoting Arroree:

Ah i see the crux of it now. You're nothing more than yet another self proclaimed Christian who does nothing more than spend her time spreading hateful insults and attacks against anyone that doesn't agree with every word she says and move she makes. You do your God a disservice acting against his word in such a way. For shame :(

I don't have a distorted view of Christianity, not believing in it doesn't mean i don't understand and/or hate it, it simply means i don't believe.

For a woman of your age you show a high degree of catty childishness. Perhaps you should speak with a priest about your treatment of others and how you can repent for such...

Quoting VeronicaTex:

No, I'll  pass.  It is now in your hands to figure that out for yourself for the rest of your life.

Veronica

Quoting Arroree:

As one who was raised deeply immersed in Christianity please explain to me how my view of it is "very distorted"

I'll wait...

Quoting VeronicaTex:

You are a non-Christian, who has a very distorted view of Christianity.

How could you possibly really understand?

Veronica

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting VeronicaTex:

There is one place in the United States.  

That place is Alaska-The story is of the Christian maker of cakes and the ceremony of gays, asking for the cake, where the government of Alaska is involved.

Veronica

Oy.

Speaking as a non-Christian in Alaska i can honestly tell you it's not the Christians here that are being persecuted. In fact the local police have had to step in and warn the Christian churches here that it's not legal for them to keep harassing and threatening the non-Christian groups here and if they do they'll be fined and taken to court. It got so bad that it was all in the papers and news with all their threats against the local Santaria group and other non-Christians.

A Christian group out in the valley prays over their members to keep us heathen non-Christians away and protect them from our "evils"

Don't even try claiming Christians are persecuted here, that's bunk.

Della529
by Matlock on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I have family in Syria and they are openly Christian.  I tell them some of the stuff I read on here and they laugh.

Quoting mishamama:

Actually, not all of that is true.
I've been to Jordan and Syria, my brother lives in UAE. Christians are allowed to practice openly and freely, there might be more non-Muslim Foreigners is UAE than there is Arabs. lol

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Wait,you can't be a open Christian in any of those countries? I'm a little lost.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)