Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

question of the day....why is one person's religion SOOOOO important to you?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 37 Replies

I just gotta know. People are going to believe and worship how they see fit. Why would this concern an outsider?

This includes atheism. I don't care if someone else is atheist. It does not matter one way or another "who" you consider your "maker", or lack thereof.

I have a belief, and I choose not to share it and shove it down anyone else's throat.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not.

I'll tell you I'm an atheist...  But unless I question if religion is linked to your opinion about something, I don't care to know yours. 

And if I ask your religion it's simply to see if that better helps me understand where you're coming from.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
4 moms liked this

It is not important to me, in the sense that every one is absolutely allowed to belief as they do, to live as they do.

When certain religious aspects are brought to the forefront of our lives, as in laws surrounding them, an attempt to have the masses follow along, that is when it does have a direct impact on myself. 

Other than that..............have at it.  Just leave it off my front door unless you have my permission.

romanceparty4u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM

do you consider non atheist people "dumb and uneducated"? Do you ask the question so you can develop an opinion of a person? I don't go around asking people if they are a certain religion so I can draw a conclusion, do you? Or are you open to different strokes for different folks?

Quoting KristenFowles:

It's not.

I'll tell you I'm an atheist...  But unless I question if religion is linked to your opinion about something, I don't care to know yours. 

And if I ask your religion it's simply to see if that helps me understand where you're coming from better.

JanuaryBaby06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM

It's not important to me.... I really couldn't care less-lol.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
6 moms liked this

The only time another's religion is important to me is when a group is trying to infuse and intertwine their beliefs into our government to affect policy. Put your nativity scene or menorah on your own front lawn, or on the grounds of your place of worship, or even on your own body, not on the courthouse lawn-

Otherwise, live and let live.

romanceparty4u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I have only had one denomination "put it" on my front door. The garbage can is conveniently located a few steps from the door. :)

Quoting FromAtoZ:

It is not important to me, in the sense that every one is absolutely allowed to belief as they do, to live as they do.

When certain religious aspects are brought to the forefront of our lives, as in laws surrounding them, an attempt to have the masses follow along, that is when it does have a direct impact on myself. 

Other than that..............have at it.  Just leave it off my front door unless you have my permission.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM
6 moms liked this
The only time I care anymore is when said religion is used to hurt others. I'm not a fan of radicals and I'm not a fan of bigots, especially when they hide behind religion.
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sisteract:

The only time another's religion is important to me is when a group is trying to infuse and intertwine their beliefs into our government to affect policy. Put your nativity scene or menorah on your own front lawn, or on the grounds of your place of worship, or even on your own body, not on the courthouse lawn-

Otherwise, live and let live.

yup

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Atheist here, and it doesn't bug me at all, until one starts forcing it upon me or tries to inject it into the governmental process. Then it concerns me in a big way.

Otherwise, I truly could not care less. When you don't believe in God, you tend to not think about religion very much at all. It's just a non-factor in my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Not at all.   Some of the smartest people I know believe in a God of some kind..

Religion plays a big part in a lot of opinions, if I don't share that same opinion but I know your religion, and you disagree with me because per your religion it's "wrong" then I at least understand why it is important to you to stand behind that opinion.  It's easier to respect differences when you understand them.

I am completely a different strokes for different folks person..  But I like to dig into people's minds a bit.. I like understanding the way different people think/etc.

Quoting romanceparty4u:

do you consider non atheist people "dumb and uneducated"? Do you ask the question so you can develop an opinion of a person? I don't go around asking people if they are a certain religion so I can draw a conclusion, do you? Or are you open to different strokes for different folks?

Quoting KristenFowles:

It's not.

And if I ask your religion it's simply to see if that helps me understand where you're coming from better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN