Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who here has genuine farmers markets and farms where you can buy what you want without going through a grocery store.

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 96 Replies

Poll

Question: Who here has genuine farmers markets and farms where you can buy what you want without going through a grocery store.

Options:

Yes - I can get what I need in my community without totally depending on a grocery store.

No - I shop mostly at grocery stores, there are not many other options

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 79

View Results

Yeah seriously. I live in the city, our farmers markets are half veggies and offers for grassfed whatever but more Arts and Crafts.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I do but I live in a rural area 

AnastasiaKorsh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM
mostly our farmers market is fruits and veggies, there are some stands that sell organic pasta, meat and cheese. there is a very small section dedicated to people who sell art or things they make/buy whole sale and resell. so yes, we could buy everything there. however, the meat, bread pasta and cheese is more times less expensive at the grocery store than at the farmers market.
1stpreggers
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM
We have them here(las Vegas ) you can get veggies, pasta, fruit ,honey eggs and other stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM
This.

Quoting tnmomofive:

I do but I live in a rural area 

AnastasiaKorsh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:25 PM
oh, and i live in a city
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:25 PM
There are quite a few here (suburb of Philadelphia).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Generica
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Quoting 1stpreggers:

We have them here(las Vegas ) you can get veggies, pasta, fruit ,honey eggs and other stuff.

Cool, how are the prices?

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Yep. We actually have the square full of farmers on Saturdays. Plus I know of two year round open places to get fruit and veggies.

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM

In the summer and fall, you can get almost anything you need from farmer's markets around here. (I live in Massachusetts). But year-round, you can sign up with a CSA for meat, dairy and eggs, and you can get some produce from farmers year-round.

funny_girl3
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I live in PA, we have farmers markets but only in the summer.  And they are mostly produce that is purchased wholesale in the city that the vendors turn around and sell at the farmer's market, so it's the same produce that the grocery store carries.  I wish I lives somewhere warm that I could get decent produce all year long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured