Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something different. What do you collect?

Posted by   + Show Post

I collect antiques.  Anything Mickey and Occupied Japan items, primarily, but other things as well.  I have a bedroom that is antiqued.  And I also collect Plates series' with wolves and eagles.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Replies (331-339):
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Carpy:

Some of the old movie posters are worth small fortunes. Good item to hol on too.  I love horses (obvioulsy since I have them) and dolphins.  The first time we went to marineland when I was 3 I wanted a pet dolphin.  Thought I could keep it in the bathtub.

Quoting Friday:

Dolphins, horses and Titanic. I have paintings, plates and figurines of a wide variety of horses and dolphins. Titanic I have a plate, books and all the movies.

I used to work for a Theater chain so have a few movie collectibles, my fave is the double sided, one sheet poster from the 50th anniversary release of Fantasia. A friend at Disney gave that to me. We had a Star Trek 6 one sheet but an evil cat destroyed it. DH has a ton of Star Trek goodies, figures, ships, art, etc.

I don't have any that are too old but the Fantasia is likely worth a bit. Finally got dh to make a frame for it after carting it around in a tube for 20 years.

I got into horses when I was in 2nd grade, used to have the Breyer plastic models and took riding lessons for years, was a horse science major in college. Haven't had my own horse yet but I'm not giving up hope.

Got to play with the dolphins after the show at MarineLand here in So Cal, loved them ever since. That's another dream, go to one of the dolphin encounters. Sea World in San Diego is only a few hours, so one of these days.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I also inherited my moms lion collection. Dh needs to make me some shelves so I can make a little Mom shrine. She was a Leo and loved her lions. My brother and I always tried to find new and unique lions for her bdays and Mothers Day. There is one from Africa, marble I think, that he got while in the Navy.

Fuck I miss her, sorry.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM

The day will come when they will be old to your grandkids lol

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Carpy:

Some of the old movie posters are worth small fortunes. Good item to hol on too.  I love horses (obvioulsy since I have them) and dolphins.  The first time we went to marineland when I was 3 I wanted a pet dolphin.  Thought I could keep it in the bathtub.

Quoting Friday:

Dolphins, horses and Titanic. I have paintings, plates and figurines of a wide variety of horses and dolphins. Titanic I have a plate, books and all the movies.

I used to work for a Theater chain so have a few movie collectibles, my fave is the double sided, one sheet poster from the 50th anniversary release of Fantasia. A friend at Disney gave that to me. We had a Star Trek 6 one sheet but an evil cat destroyed it. DH has a ton of Star Trek goodies, figures, ships, art, etc.

I don't have any that are too old but the Fantasia is likely worth a bit. Finally got dh to make a frame for it after carting it around in a tube for 20 years.

I got into horses when I was in 2nd grade, used to have the Breyer plastic models and took riding lessons for years, was a horse science major in college. Haven't had my own horse yet but I'm not giving up hope.

Got to play with the dolphins after the show at MarineLand here in So Cal, loved them ever since. That's another dream, go to one of the dolphin encounters. Sea World in San Diego is only a few hours, so one of these days.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I have the shrine book of my Dad and a bunch of stuff he had given me.  Some of the rest of my family bitches that I have everything of great sentimental value.  But, he gave it to me.  One of the advantages of being the baby, plus I went to check on them and get their mail etc... every day.  It does get easier, but my mom at 95 says it never goes away.  He parents have been  gone for 56 years.

Quoting Friday:

I also inherited my moms lion collection. Dh needs to make me some shelves so I can make a little Mom shrine. She was a Leo and loved her lions. My brother and I always tried to find new and unique lions for her bdays and Mothers Day. There is one from Africa, marble I think, that he got while in the Navy.

Fuck I miss her, sorry.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Carpy:

The day will come when they will be old to your grandkids lol

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting Friday:

Good point. The Fantasia 50th poster is over 20 years old. The Star Trek stuff is older than that and well cared for, even if it's not 'mint in package'.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Carpy:

I have the shrine book of my Dad and a bunch of stuff he had given me.  Some of the rest of my family bitches that I have everything of great sentimental value.  But, he gave it to me.  One of the advantages of being the baby, plus I went to check on them and get their mail etc... every day.  It does get easier, but my mom at 95 says it never goes away.  He parents have been  gone for 56 years.

Quoting Friday:

Fuck I miss her, sorry.

I'm the baby as well and my brother and mom had issues that he never really resolved. We agreed years ago, after he had to deal with his MIL living with him and his wifes brothers being dicks about money and her house, that we wouldn't make a fuss over things. Mom also made a will and listed who she wanted to have her more precious items.

I'm ok most of the time but hormones and stress make me miss her even more.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Books and Pandora beads.

caito
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I started collecting beer bottles, wine bottles, and liquor bottles last year. I know that makes us sound like total alcoholics lmao, but we're not. We have 35 different beer bottles, they're microbrews, rare brews, and seasonal brews. We collect wine bottles that we like the designs of, or ones that we like. (My favorites are the Apothic wines, the bottles are gorgeous!) We just started our liquor collection, my husband finished a bottle of Jack today. We also have every flavor of Ramune, a Japanese soda with a really unique bottle. Right now they're displayed in the space above our kitchen cabinets. I'd like a proper display case one day. None of the bottles are worth anything, it's just for our personal enjoyment.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting Friday:

Fuck I miss her, sorry.

I'm the baby as well and my brother and mom had issues that he never really resolved. We agreed years ago, after he had to deal with his MIL living with him and his wifes brothers being dicks about money and her house, that we wouldn't make a fuss over things. Mom also made a will and listed who she wanted to have her more precious items.

I'm ok most of the time but hormones and stress make me miss her even more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured