Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Something different. What do you collect?

Posted by   + Show Post

I collect antiques.  Anything Mickey and Occupied Japan items, primarily, but other things as well.  I have a bedroom that is antiqued.  And I also collect Plates series' with wolves and eagles.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
gingerszabo21
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Vintage Pyrex.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I have picked up some nice carnival glass pieces at garage sales.  people don't know what they have and put a quarter or something on it. (oh, and did I mention I collect guns)

Quoting mikiemom:

I do Antiques - the 1890s and 1930s are my era, My Dh likes stuf from the 50s.

carnival glass, furniture, jewlery books, old hats - any art decco item from the 30's depression glass.

jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:13 PM
4 moms liked this
Adipose tissue
baquick
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Shot glasses. Lapel pins ;-)
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM

My ex-husband has two aunts that damned near got into a fist fight over his grandmother's depression era milk glass because they both collected it.

Now that is some beautiful stuff.

Quoting Carpy:

I have picked up some nice carnival glass pieces at garage sales.  people don't know what they have and put a quarter or something on it. (oh, and did I mention I collect guns)

Quoting mikiemom:

I do Antiques - the 1890s and 1930s are my era, My Dh likes stuf from the 50s.

carnival glass, furniture, jewlery books, old hats - any art decco item from the 30's depression glass.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Books... we have sooo many books lol

Fantasy/scifi items. I have figures of Ezio Auditore and Conner  from Assassin's Creed, Rytlock from Guild Wars, a fairy, a few dragons (one is gold flaked from the Byodo In Temple in Hawaii) and a framed speech from the 11th Doctor on Doctor Who

I also collect Japanese scrolls.. I have at least six (good ones are hard to find) and I have small temple bells. 

Kmcasey9
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:18 PM

My sons found my PacMan bank and took ownership of it (there is a handle that flipped coins into his mouth like he was gobbling them).  That made me feel VERY old!  Like they say, things come in cycles, so what is old is new again!

Quoting Carpy:

Some banks can be really valuable.  (and I don't mean the money in them LOL)

Quoting Kmcasey9:

When I was younger, I collected banks. I still have my collection in a box in my basement (I am 41).  The past 15 or so years, I have found myself collecting monkey-themed antiques (old figurines, Steiffs, etc).

My ODD collects rocks (she even has a display) and turtle-themed things (I started calling her Turtle-Bug the day she was born).

My ODS collected Ty Beanie Bears.  Only the bears.  He still keeps his 2 favorites on his bed (Chilly and Sparkle Bear).

My youngest DS and DD don't collect anything...yet :)

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Dolphins, horses and Titanic. I have paintings, plates and figurines of a wide variety of horses and dolphins. Titanic I have a plate, books and all the movies.

I used to work for a Theater chain so have a few movie collectibles, my fave is the double sided, one sheet poster from the 50th anniversary release of Fantasia. A friend at Disney gave that to me. We had a Star Trek 6 one sheet but an evil cat destroyed it. DH has a ton of Star Trek goodies, figures, ships, art, etc.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I found a 1796 copyright version of a biography of christopher columbus. I have a 1932 college physics textbook. I have a bunch of Chicago World's fair memorabilia - I have a lot of 1930's furniture and jewlery and clothes and kitchen stuff.

acrogodess
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Sailor Moon. Anything Sailor Moon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN