Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Something different. What do you collect?

Posted by   + Show Post

I collect antiques.  Anything Mickey and Occupied Japan items, primarily, but other things as well.  I have a bedroom that is antiqued.  And I also collect Plates series' with wolves and eagles.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:21 PM

LOL, it would be awesome to have.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

My ex-husband has two aunts that damned near got into a fist fight over his grandmother's depression era milk glass because they both collected it.

Now that is some beautiful stuff.

Quoting Carpy:

I have picked up some nice carnival glass pieces at garage sales.  people don't know what they have and put a quarter or something on it. (oh, and did I mention I collect guns)

Quoting mikiemom:

I do Antiques - the 1890s and 1930s are my era, My Dh likes stuf from the 50s.

carnival glass, furniture, jewlery books, old hats - any art decco item from the 30's depression glass.

mikiemom
2 moms liked this

mikiemom
2 moms liked this

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Shoes. I really love high heel shoes. Also, I tend to pick up a lot of cookie cutters. 

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm, not much any longer.

This makes me some what sad.  

I used to collect salt and pepper shakers.  Just a quirky thing but it was fun and I have found some really interesting ones.

I have a collection of crosses that I love.

Have a huge collection of older Nascar items.  Some are indeed worth some money.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Some of the old movie posters are worth small fortunes. Good item to hol on too.  I love horses (obvioulsy since I have them) and dolphins.  The first time we went to marineland when I was 3 I wanted a pet dolphin.  Thought I could keep it in the bathtub.

Quoting Friday:

Dolphins, horses and Titanic. I have paintings, plates and figurines of a wide variety of horses and dolphins. Titanic I have a plate, books and all the movies.

I used to work for a Theater chain so have a few movie collectibles, my fave is the double sided, one sheet poster from the 50th anniversary release of Fantasia. A friend at Disney gave that to me. We had a Star Trek 6 one sheet but an evil cat destroyed it. DH has a ton of Star Trek goodies, figures, ships, art, etc.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I always wanted to collect something....but alas I dont have an attention span for anything...which is probably why I enjoy an ecclectic minimalist home.

Well ecclectic is pushing it....more like unmatching crap LOL

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I now have every color of carnival chicken made and the entire set of Northwood peacock at the fountain except for the punch bowl. I still haven't decided how much I would pay for one if I ever find it. My husband likes the blue carnival glass so we have a lot of that as well.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Quoting mikiemom:

Carnival glass?  I'm sure that isn't the correct name for it but it is what I have always called it.

Beautiful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN