Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prove that God doesn't exist.

Prove that science is infallible.

Prove that we evolved from other primates while those primates still exist in animal form.

Prove that the human race evolved from lower life forms even though realistic ancient art shows we have not changed for 10's of thousands of years (i.e. frescoes uncovered from Pompeii, or Egyptian art from the kingdom of Ahknaten).

Or better yet, that mummies and other remains found show we haven't changed either.

Tell me what you saw when you witnessed the moment of creation.

ETA:  God is described as a superior being, the creator of the universe. If you say there is no God, that God did not create the universe, then you yourselves would have to be gods to know this. You can argue that you have seen no evidence of God, which does not discount that other's have; however, you can still say you don't believe...but you can never say God does not exist and have that be a true statement, because you are not omnisicent. In truth, if you do not believe in God, you can only say you don't feel that He exists - you can not, without a doubt, with certainty, nor definitively say that there is no God. Nor can you likewise dispute how this world and it's inhabitants came into being, and in their current state. Not unless you could prove you were there at the time of creation and to consciously, truthfully testify what actually happened.

Furthermore, due to the fallability of humans, and that science was created /employed by humans, science is imperfect. In regard to the theory of evolution, which directly goes against what would be a literal understanding of creation in the Bible, you could never say that evolution is a superior theory about creation versus Creationism. You could never say evolution is right and Creationism is wrong. You would also have to have been present at the time of creation to assert this as definitive truth.

For this reason, no one can ever say there is no God, and no one can ever say that God did not create Adam out of the earth.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Replies (671-680):
VeronicaTex
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I beg to differ.

It is all about personal experience, for the individual.

For myself, I am a Roman Catholic.  

My whole life is a personal experience of getting to know God.

I would never, ever discount other Christians, that each and every one has a story, a very valid one for them as to how they got to know God-personally, in their joys and well as their sufferings.

Veronica-Cradle Catholic

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

It's not about personal experience, though, no matter how many people want it to be or claim it to be.

In order to write a god off as non-existent or prove it exists, the concept has to first be defined. And, to be honest with you, I haven't seen any definition. I've asked several theists--some on this thread in particular--to do two things: Define the god concept (what its nature is, what it's comprised of, etc.) and identify the epistemic indicators that inform us of its existence. That's it.

Epistemology is about what we know and how we come to know it. Faith as a methodology, faith as a way to understand our world, is just believing what you want to believe exits without having to do anything after deciding to believe. It doesn't do anything to help us understand our world.

Quoting Kama:

Yes, I have. For me, the analytically approach also leads to the conclusion that God does not exist. Others in this thread have discussed that so I won't go into it. When asked for evidence of God, most believers inevitably say something like, "I feel him in my heart therefore I know he is real." I don't have that experience and therefore there is no reason to continue going through the motions. For me, if there is no communication or relationship with God then it's just . . . fake, empty. Because both my mind and my heart cannot find God, my honest conclusion is that God does not exist.

craftymom2b
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

You know it is so funny how atheists get so offended (and suppose to be the more tolerable group) only when it proves their point. It is a challenge don't do if you don't want to. No need for such nasty comments. Good Job OP : )

craftymom2b
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Good Job on the posting this.

Quoting buttersworth:

Prove that God doesn't exist.

Prove that science is infallible.

Prove that we evolved from other primates while those primates still exist in animal form.

Prove that the human race evolved from lower life forms even though realistic ancient art shows we have not changed for 10's of thousands of years (i.e. frescoes uncovered from Pompeii, or Egyptian art from the kingdom of Ahknaten).

Or better yet, that mummies and other remains found show we haven't changed either.

Tell me what you saw when you witnessed the moment of creation.

romalove
by Roma on May. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting craftymom2b:

You know it is so funny how atheists get so offended (and suppose to be the more tolerable group) only when it proves their point. It is a challenge don't do if you don't want to. No need for such nasty comments. Good Job OP : )

I'm going to challenge you to produce a pocket sized Jesus, perfect for travel, just to show those of us who don't believe how stupid we are.

Go ahead.

I will wait.

Oh....you can't do that?  I asked you to do the impossible?

Well, the OP's points are idiotic because they are also impossible.

VeronicaTex
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Free will is a gift that God has given to us as His children.

I disagree with your evaluation of the Scripture that Paul wrote to the Ephesians.

Paul's writings were just the beginning of all the writings to come, that are very valid through the ages, to the present and will be until the end of time.

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Veronica-Roman Catholic

Quoting SecularMomma:

Free will? His free will is like a thug putting a gun to your head and saying give me your purse or you die.

That scripture, written to the Ephesians, I don't believe was meant to be a prophecy but a reminder of the supremecy of the christian faith and to reject all other faiths, which I believe was a popular topic for Paul in his writings.

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

There are many people of this world who search with a humble heart for truth and answers. Your God is not the only one "revealing" himself to them.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting SecularMomma:

Thanks for the poetic word vomit.

"If you seek God with sincere intentions... you will find him." If this was true, there would only be one religion.

God also gave us free will.

The Scriptures remind us there will be One Church, One faith, One Baptism...God will do it

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Those seeking confirmation of God's existence will do so in vain. Unless you become like children, you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Humility & faith are the keys to God's heart, not arrogance & pride. Boasting to your friends or mocking God will leave you in the state of disbelief. God knows our thoughts, irrespective if you believe in him or not. If you seek God for selfish reasons, to prove or disprove his existence...good luck. If you seek God with sincere intentions....you will find him. Doubts & denials will disappear. God reveals himself in numerous ways. Those of you who deny God's existence, why do you think it seems impossible to confirm there is a God?

VeronicaTex
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM

It might be helpful to you romalove and others not to think of a person educating or sharing as one who is believing you are "stupid".  

Please be open to people who want a dialogue who simply want to share, but on friendly terms.

Debate does not have to be hostile.

Veronica-Fellow debater

Quoting romalove:

Quoting craftymom2b:

I'm going to challenge you to produce a pocket sized Jesus, perfect for travel, just to show those of us who don't believe how stupid we are.

Go ahead.

I will wait.

Oh....you can't do that?  I asked you to do the impossible?

Well, the OP's points are idiotic because they are also impossible.

PamR
by Pam on May. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM

The problem with the OP's challenge is that no one can prove or disprove that God exists.  You believe by faith, not because you see it.  So while atheists can't disprove God, believers can't prove it, either. 

Bwebb
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Couldn't say it better than this:

Quoting krysstizzle:

1. One cannot prove  a negative. 

2. Science is not infallible and has never claimed to be. "People keep saying 'Science doesn't know everything!' Well, science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" 

3. This question makes no sense for the most part. Here's a link to some basic concepts. Fossil record and all that, ya know. That weird scienc-y stuff. 

4. Bwaaahahahaa! I can't even address this one. It's just so...so...yeah, I can't. (Fyi, humans have been in their current form for roughly 200-250,000 years, soooo....)

5. I didn't witness the moment of creation/the big bang/ the beginning of the universe. Did you? If so, you are one old motherfucker. 

Bwebb
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting craftymom2b:

No one's getting offended. The atheists are answering. Many have answered perfectly on this thread, but you wouldn't read those - you can't open your mind to the truth. 

It's funny how the religious people can do that - just shut out the truth.

SecularMomma
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this

How is it a gift if choosing wrong you have to pay the consequence of hell? 

Here, Veronica. Here is a ring. But if you don't take it, I'll set you on fire. Don't forget to thank me and remember it's your free will to take it.

Seriously, if I said that to you, you would call the cops. But God says it and you fall at his feet crying thank you.

I think my interpretation is accurate. But I won't argue with you. Scriptures can be very ambiguous obviously.

As for Paul's writing being valid through the ages... should we skip forward a couple chapters where he talks about how slaves should obey their masters? And then you can tell me how valid that is in the present.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ," Ephesians 6:5

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Free will is a gift that God has given to us as His children.

I disagree with your evaluation of the Scripture that Paul wrote to the Ephesians.

Paul's writings were just the beginning of all the writings to come, that are very valid through the ages, to the present and will be until the end of time.

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Veronica-Roman Catholic

Quoting SecularMomma:

Free will? His free will is like a thug putting a gun to your head and saying give me your purse or you die.

That scripture, written to the Ephesians, I don't believe was meant to be a prophecy but a reminder of the supremecy of the christian faith and to reject all other faiths, which I believe was a popular topic for Paul in his writings.

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

There are many people of this world who search with a humble heart for truth and answers. Your God is not the only one "revealing" himself to them.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting SecularMomma:

Thanks for the poetic word vomit.

"If you seek God with sincere intentions... you will find him." If this was true, there would only be one religion.

God also gave us free will.

The Scriptures remind us there will be One Church, One faith, One Baptism...God will do it

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Those seeking confirmation of God's existence will do so in vain. Unless you become like children, you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Humility & faith are the keys to God's heart, not arrogance & pride. Boasting to your friends or mocking God will leave you in the state of disbelief. God knows our thoughts, irrespective if you believe in him or not. If you seek God for selfish reasons, to prove or disprove his existence...good luck. If you seek God with sincere intentions....you will find him. Doubts & denials will disappear. God reveals himself in numerous ways. Those of you who deny God's existence, why do you think it seems impossible to confirm there is a God?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured