Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prove that God doesn't exist.

Prove that science is infallible.

Prove that we evolved from other primates while those primates still exist in animal form.

Prove that the human race evolved from lower life forms even though realistic ancient art shows we have not changed for 10's of thousands of years (i.e. frescoes uncovered from Pompeii, or Egyptian art from the kingdom of Ahknaten).

Or better yet, that mummies and other remains found show we haven't changed either.

Tell me what you saw when you witnessed the moment of creation.

ETA:  God is described as a superior being, the creator of the universe. If you say there is no God, that God did not create the universe, then you yourselves would have to be gods to know this. You can argue that you have seen no evidence of God, which does not discount that other's have; however, you can still say you don't believe...but you can never say God does not exist and have that be a true statement, because you are not omnisicent. In truth, if you do not believe in God, you can only say you don't feel that He exists - you can not, without a doubt, with certainty, nor definitively say that there is no God. Nor can you likewise dispute how this world and it's inhabitants came into being, and in their current state. Not unless you could prove you were there at the time of creation and to consciously, truthfully testify what actually happened.

Furthermore, due to the fallability of humans, and that science was created /employed by humans, science is imperfect. In regard to the theory of evolution, which directly goes against what would be a literal understanding of creation in the Bible, you could never say that evolution is a superior theory about creation versus Creationism. You could never say evolution is right and Creationism is wrong. You would also have to have been present at the time of creation to assert this as definitive truth.

For this reason, no one can ever say there is no God, and no one can ever say that God did not create Adam out of the earth.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Replies (881-890):
LindaClement
by Linda on May. 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

NOW it was sarcasm?

That they are sick has no bearing on their faith --or anyone else's. 

That you are extremely judgemental of other people is indicative of what you really believe.

Quoting redheadstar:

I know nothing of "their god "  or the religion they claim...nor did I say I knew what their faith is.  When I made the comment that their god is their demented mind, it was sarcasm...  they are sick in the head

Quoting LindaClement:

I'm not arguing whether or not they're sane. I'm challenging you to PROVE that their god is what you say it is.

There are no lines to read between. You claimed you know what their faith really means, and that you know what god really is.

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Demented and bad people do crazy crap like blowing up buildings and causing harm to innocent people, nobody of sound mind would do it... try reading between the lines. 

Quoting LindaClement:

What the hell has that got to do with your claim that 'their god is not the god of the bible, their god is their demented minds'??!?!

Quoting redheadstar:

It is common sense  Bad People, do bad things.  Terrorists blowing up buildings and causing harm to people are BAD people..

Quoting LindaClement:

Their God is not the God of the Bible, their GOD is their demented minds..

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

If you dont believe in God, that is your choice, I do ..  dont know what you expect me to prove otherwise..?

I have God's word in my heart and that is all I need.. 

Quoting LindaClement:

That what you claim is truth.

Truth is objective, provable, based in facts and reality (not stories told in the Bronze Age, btw, so let's not be having a 'quote the book written a long time ago' war.)

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Prove what? 

Quoting LindaClement:

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Just stating the truth...

Quoting romalove:

Quoting redheadstar:

Their God is not the God of the Bible, their GOD is their demented minds..   I dont understand Atheists, they dont believe in GOD but yet try to pounce God, maybe in reality they do believe in GOD ..

redheadstar
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Who ? What? When? are you referring too?

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting redheadstar:

It is common sense  Bad People, do bad things.  Terrorists blowing up buildings and causing harm to people are BAD people..

Is slaughtering everyone living in a city, including not just the soldiers, but also all the civilian women and children, a bad thing?  It is certainly "causing harm to people".

Would that make the person ordering that slaughter a bad person?

redheadstar
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Extremely judgmental of people wanting to harm innocent people??  No, just stating the facts..  Don't   misconstrue/ or try to manipulate what I am saying..     I dont sit back when people try to hurt ppl, nor would I sit back while somebody tries to harm my child..  I speak up!!

Quoting LindaClement:

NOW it was sarcasm?

That you are extremely judgemental of other people is indicative of what you really believe.

Quoting redheadstar:

I know nothing of "their god "  or the religion they claim...nor did I say I knew what their faith is.  When I made the comment that their god is their demented mind, it was sarcasm...  they are sick in the head

Quoting LindaClement:

I'm not arguing whether or not they're sane. I'm challenging you to PROVE that their god is what you say it is.

There are no lines to read between. You claimed you know what their faith really means, and that you know what god really is.

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Demented and bad people do crazy crap like blowing up buildings and causing harm to innocent people, nobody of sound mind would do it... try reading between the lines. 

Quoting LindaClement:

What the hell has that got to do with your claim that 'their god is not the god of the bible, their god is their demented minds'??!?!

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting LindaClement:

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

If you dont believe in God, that is your choice, I do ..  dont know what you expect me to prove otherwise..?

Quoting LindaClement:

Truth is objective, provable, based in facts and reality (not stories told in the Bronze Age, btw, so let's not be having a 'quote the book written a long time ago' war.)

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Prove what? 

Quoting LindaClement:

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting redheadstar:

Their God is not the God of the Bible, their GOD is their demented minds..   I dont understand Atheists, they dont believe in GOD but yet try to pounce God, maybe in reality they do believe in GOD ..

LindaClement
by Linda on May. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

You've got a degree in psychiatry now? You can diagnose mental illness from afar? What are you, Carolyn Myss?

How do you get their faith tangled up in this, in your own head?

Quoting redheadstar:

Extremely judgmental of people wanting to harm innocent people??  No, just stating the facts..  Don't   misconstrue/ or try to manipulate what I am saying..     I dont sit back when people try to hurt ppl, nor would I sit back while somebody tries to harm my child..  I speak up!!

Quoting LindaClement:

NOW it was sarcasm?

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting LindaClement:

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting LindaClement:

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting LindaClement:

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Prove what? 

Quoting LindaClement:

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting redheadstar:

VeronicaTex
We are now into Holy Week...The Triduum will be Holy Thursday (The Last Supper), Good Friday (Jesus' Crucifixion) and Easter Sunday (Jesus' Resurrection" ) Our Lord died for us!!!!
Tuesday at 11:35 PM
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I am going to answer only by using Scripture.

I will be answering a question that romalove asked me about the same topic.

Please refer to my answer to her.

Thank you,

Veronica

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting VeronicaTex:
Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting VeronicaTex:

Jesus did die on the cross for our sins.

You say he died "for our sins".

(A) What exactly did he achieve by dying - what is the difference that his death made?

and

(B) Who made the rules that dictated that the only way to achieve that effect was for Jesus to die in that way?

This comes from the Catechism.

I copied this from the Vatican source.

Question A:  Apart from the cross there is no other ladder by which we may get to heaven.458

Question B:  See # 622, 623-From the Catechism and Scriptural

IN BRIEF

619 "Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures" (I Cor 15:3).

620 Our salvation flows from God's initiative of love for us, because "he loved us and sent his Son to be the expiation for our sins" (I Jn 4:10). "God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself" (2Cor 5:19).

621 Jesus freely offered himself for our salvation. Beforehand, during the Last Supper, he both symbolized this offering and made it really present: "This is my body which is given for you" (Lk 22:19).

622 The redemption won by Christ consists in this, that he came "to give his life as a ransom for many" (Mt 20:28), that is, he "loved [his own] to the end" (Jn 13:1), so that they might be "ransomed from the futile ways inherited from [their] fathers" (I Pt 1:18).

623 By his loving obedience to the Father, "unto death, even death on a cross" (Phil 2:8), Jesus fulfills the atoning mission (cf. Is 53:10) of the suffering Servant, who will "make many righteous; and he shall bear their iniquities" (Is 53:11; cf. Rom 5:19).

Veronica-Roman Catholic

I don't see how 622 and 623 are an answer to (B).

Please could you explain, in your own words?

redheadstar
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM

So people who torture and murder are of sound mind?

How did their faith get tangled up in this? ( see for yourself, another poster brought it up, not me)  

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

No, they believe their god approves of what they're doing. Funny thing, it's the same deity.

Quoting redheadstar:

watch the news, the terrorists who want to cripple America

Quoting romalove:

Quoting redheadstar:

not referring to you, but those who hate God like terrorists would take it away.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting redheadstar:

I believe with my whole heart that God exists and that is something nobody can ever take away.

FYI, I'm an atheist.

I would never want to take away your belief. I'm not interested in making you not believe.

I don't know why you think anyone would.

I'm glad you're not referring to me LOL.

But curious...what terrorists hate God?

Quoting LindaClement:

You've got a degree in psychiatry now? You can diagnose mental illness from afar? What are you, Carolyn Myss?

How do you get their faith tangled up in this, in your own head?

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting LindaClement:

NOW it was sarcasm?

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting LindaClement:

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting LindaClement:

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting LindaClement:

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Prove what? 

Quoting LindaClement:

Prove it.

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting redheadstar:

LindaClement
by Linda on May. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

You made the claim I asked you to prove: Their God is not the God of the Bible, their GOD is their demented minds..

You've evaded doing so, in a variety of ways, including changing the subject, claiming it was sarcasm, and now blaming it on someone else.

Wanna try proving what you claimed instead? Or would you prefer to recant?

Quoting redheadstar:

How did their faith get tangled up in this? ( see for yourself, another poster brought it up, not me)  

LindaClement
by Linda on May. 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You're going to explain how two citations relate to what you were responding to, by citing more from the same text?

That should clear it up in jig time ;/

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I am going to answer only by using Scripture.

I will be answering a question that romalove asked me about the same topic.

Please refer to my answer to her.

Thank you,

Veronica

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting VeronicaTex:
Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting VeronicaTex:

Jesus did die on the cross for our sins.

You say he died "for our sins".

(A) What exactly did he achieve by dying - what is the difference that his death made?

and

(B) Who made the rules that dictated that the only way to achieve that effect was for Jesus to die in that way?

This comes from the Catechism.

I copied this from the Vatican source.

Question A:  Apart from the cross there is no other ladder by which we may get to heaven.458

Question B:  See # 622, 623-From the Catechism and Scriptural

IN BRIEF

619 "Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures" (I Cor 15:3).

620 Our salvation flows from God's initiative of love for us, because "he loved us and sent his Son to be the expiation for our sins" (I Jn 4:10). "God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself" (2Cor 5:19).

621 Jesus freely offered himself for our salvation. Beforehand, during the Last Supper, he both symbolized this offering and made it really present: "This is my body which is given for you" (Lk 22:19).

622 The redemption won by Christ consists in this, that he came "to give his life as a ransom for many" (Mt 20:28), that is, he "loved [his own] to the end" (Jn 13:1), so that they might be "ransomed from the futile ways inherited from [their] fathers" (I Pt 1:18).

623 By his loving obedience to the Father, "unto death, even death on a cross" (Phil 2:8), Jesus fulfills the atoning mission (cf. Is 53:10) of the suffering Servant, who will "make many righteous; and he shall bear their iniquities" (Is 53:11; cf. Rom 5:19).

Veronica-Roman Catholic

I don't see how 622 and 623 are an answer to (B).

Please could you explain, in your own words?

redheadstar
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I will repeat it again...  that person has a sick demented mind..    I don't think you get it, rather you would go toe to toe on it..misconstrue and manipulate posts..  don't have the time for games, I got much more important things to do

Have a nice afternoon with your family :)

Quoting LindaClement:

You made the claim I asked you to prove: Their God is not the God of the Bible, their GOD is their demented minds..

You've evaded doing so, in a variety of ways, including changing the subject, claiming it was sarcasm, and now blaming it on someone else.

Wanna try proving what you claimed instead? Or would you prefer to recant?

Quoting redheadstar:

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting redheadstar:
Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting redheadstar:

Is slaughtering everyone living in a city, including not just the soldiers, but also all the civilian women and children, a bad thing?  It is certainly "causing harm to people".

Would that make the person ordering that slaughter a bad person?

Who ? What? When? are you referring too?

Is it relevant?   By your definition of "bad person", it shouldn't matter who they are, or when it was, just that they caused harm to people.

If it is relevant, then you need to amend your definition.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured