Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prove that God doesn't exist.

Prove that science is infallible.

Prove that we evolved from other primates while those primates still exist in animal form.

Prove that the human race evolved from lower life forms even though realistic ancient art shows we have not changed for 10's of thousands of years (i.e. frescoes uncovered from Pompeii, or Egyptian art from the kingdom of Ahknaten).

Or better yet, that mummies and other remains found show we haven't changed either.

Tell me what you saw when you witnessed the moment of creation.

ETA:  God is described as a superior being, the creator of the universe. If you say there is no God, that God did not create the universe, then you yourselves would have to be gods to know this. You can argue that you have seen no evidence of God, which does not discount that other's have; however, you can still say you don't believe...but you can never say God does not exist and have that be a true statement, because you are not omnisicent. In truth, if you do not believe in God, you can only say you don't feel that He exists - you can not, without a doubt, with certainty, nor definitively say that there is no God. Nor can you likewise dispute how this world and it's inhabitants came into being, and in their current state. Not unless you could prove you were there at the time of creation and to consciously, truthfully testify what actually happened.

Furthermore, due to the fallability of humans, and that science was created /employed by humans, science is imperfect. In regard to the theory of evolution, which directly goes against what would be a literal understanding of creation in the Bible, you could never say that evolution is a superior theory about creation versus Creationism. You could never say evolution is right and Creationism is wrong. You would also have to have been present at the time of creation to assert this as definitive truth.

For this reason, no one can ever say there is no God, and no one can ever say that God did not create Adam out of the earth.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Replies (1551-1556):
Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM
What we evolved from no longer exists.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM

"You" have and "You' do...that's why I wrote the fricken post in the first place.

Quoting im_not_trollin:

We could say the same shit to Christians... Prove that God does exist...

Suzukigirl710
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM

umm No...I didn't bump this post.  My facts were not disproven.  I know exactly where they come from.  I go by God's code, not humanity's.  It just pisses you off because you know where they come from too.  Done arguing this point...Your point is null and void. Thanks for trying though!

Quoting colins_mom: I'm pretty sure you're the one that bumped it.

my point about the abortion thing is it nullifies your point. you say that abortion has always been illegal for moral reasons, no it hasn't. most of the things that we think have been illegal "for moral reasons" weren't really acknowledged until the mid 20th century. birth control, abortion, etc were not made illegal until the 30's or 40's and if I wasn't mobile I would find an exact source for you.

you're just upset that all of your "facts" were disproven by actual history.

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

yes, because she quoted me twice.  I was answering her.  duh.  Abortion is still wrong IMO.  No matter how you try to make it right.  This topic is long over, not sure why this is being resurrected now.

Quoting colins_mom: was quoting her twice in ten minutes necessary?

did you know that there was a political party in the late 1700's early 1800's that wanted to kick all of the Catholics out of the country?

they even won a state in the 1852 election. Catholics stay out of Maryland!

there are a lot of points that you have addressed that I wish I had the time to argue with you, but sadly all I have time for is whats above this paragraph and to point you to my reply on the previous page that you ignored.

oh the abortion thing, I just remembered. abortion was really big in the 1800's. fairly common actually. it was just kept quiet. women would use herbs to induce a miscarriage, essentially what the abortion pill is now. it has been around for centuries. child birth was the number one cause of death for women during the antebellum era, they knew how to protect and prevent unwanted pregnancy and they did. it is not a new invention.

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

nice language BTW.  You kiss your own butt with that mouth?

Quoting autodidact:

the fuck it is. she failed to capilize, you don't even know the right word. and I bet you think that "moot" means the discussion is settled, too. 

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

You might want to look at your own words before critisizing me.. "i" vs. "I" yea it's about as relevant as my mistake.  Get over yourself.

Quoting Bookwormy:

Normally i wouldn't point this out, or even participate in such an old irrelevant thread, but since you are so arrogant...

Their point is mute? Look up the definition of that word. I think you mean moot! LOL

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

I understand that it was added later.  It's not like it was added 300 years later.  The point is that someone saw fit to add "under God" to it.  So your point is mute.  And I think I have proved my point, since all you can argue is that is was added later.  and since you can't answer any of the questions, other than telling me it was added later, pretty much sums up your knowledge. 

Aaaaannnnndddd I'm done.  Have a wonderful Sunday of worship!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

That you do not even know that "one nation under god" was not in the Pledge when it was written and was, in fact, added relatively recently speaks volumea about your lack of credibility on anything related to the relations b ip between the US and religion.

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

in your answers you are speaking in present time.  This was not the case 50 years ago.  I pose another question:  What about swearing on the Bible that you are telling the truth in a court of law? What about government being off on Sunday's? Where do you think this all came from?Heck it even states it in the Pledge of Allegiance,  "One Nation Under God", It was written in 1892 by Francis Bellamy, a Baptist preacher.  Again where do you think this all came from???

When people's practices came into conflict with the moral law, the moral law superceded.  People were free to believe as they saw fit, however but could not practice their beliefs if it contradicted moral law.  They had to live by the Christian based laws of the United States.  This can easily be seen by the US Supreme Courts.  Mormons were forbidden to practice their polygymy because it came into conflict with moral law, as understood by historic Christianity.  "my book" and the history of Christianity is where this came from. 

For you to think that our FF made laws and their faith had no influence on said laws is ridiculous. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

What question? The fact that some states have gay marriage being illegal is wrong and exactly what is being discussed as sone Christians demanding that everybody live by their gods word - ie. the problem. It is wrong, especially considering that those same Christians do NOT want to be forced to abide by a religion THEY do not follow, thus violate the Golden Rule by doing so. Abortion is NOT illegal until after 24 weeks, at which point most of us, Christian or not, agree it is a human life wothy of the same protections as other human life - so NOT based on your book. Your book just happens to agree in this case. Polygamy being illegal is also not bible based. It is a culturally agreed upon norm. Our laws are not based on your bible. Our FF made sure that nobody was forced to follow a religion (including that religions laws) they did not believe in. You still seem to think that your religion sharing values with other faiths and philosophies somehow gives Christianity OWNERSHIP of those values. Just because your book forbids something does not mean that any laws that also forbid it must be BASED on your book.

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

still no answer to my questions? sounds like this conversation is over. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Clearly you do not know where the laws originated since you believe they are based on your bible.

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

Is this your final answer to me?  I believe that there are good and bad people outside of religion.   I just know where the laws originated from. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

You seem oblivious to the fact that morality and civikity exist outside you religion and your bible.

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

If we weren't secular,  why were gay's not allowed to marry? Why were abortions illegal? Why is it illegal to hold more than one wife? Because at some point, no matter how much it is fought against, this country was at one time, a religious country.  In some ways we still are bound by the laws of the Bible.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

This is NOT a Christian country.  They can beleive whatever they want about the Founding Fathers.  This is NOT a Christian country.  It is a secular country.  We are NOT bound by the laws of the Bible.  If someone WANTS us to be, then the burden is on THEM to PROVE that their god is real and their bible is said god's actual desire.  It is ridiculous of anyone to insist that, because we don't want to live under the laws of a god we do not beleiveexists, WE are the ones who have to prove that god does not exist or else we should be mandatated to live under his laws.  Absolute lunacy!!!

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

Got it.  However, Thoe Christians believe it is you (general you) who are changing the laws to go against said law that was formed under a God believing country. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

It is asked of Chriatians because Christians (some) want to govern this nation by the word and laws of their god. Yes, if you (general) are trying to pass laws that dictate that EVERYONE follow the word of your (general) deity, you (general) are going to be asked to PROVE that being both exists and said what you (general) claim he says

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

I totally get your point.  But I don't believe it's the opposite of what she was saying.  This is what other people ask of Christians even when politics aren't involved.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Many Christians beleive it is their DUTY to convert, to spread the word of their god, to teach the world about their deity.  That is the OPPOSITE of what Muslimah suggested.  The Christians who are asked to prove their version of a god exists are almost always the ones who are trying to shape our civil laws by their god's word, or otherwise force everybody to accept their god's laws.  When you do that, you are open to demands for PROOF that said god exists before anybody should have to bow to that god's will.

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

I believe this is just what she is trying to point out when Christians are asked to prove their God exists.  I believe you just made her point very clear.  JMO.

Quoting muslimah:

What's the point to all this?

Why do they owe anyone any proof of anything?

Why is there a need for them to be challenged?

Will their answers help you to sleep better at night?

Why is it your business if they do or don't believe in anything?

Why not let them worry about their own eternity and you worry about your own eternity?

circle_of_life
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Believe in God, don't believe in God, believe that version, or this version...blah blah blah, who fucking cares? Believe whatever you want as long as you aren't  hurting anybody. I don't believe in any God that would punish someone for not believing in "him" anyway or believing the "wrong" thing. So I don't really think it matters what you believe as long as it works for you and helps you cope with life and be as good a person as you can be. If God exists, than I think "he" would be happy with that and not be too nit picky and just welcome you home when the time comes for you to drop your body.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting im_not_trollin:

"You" have and "You' do...that's why I wrote the fricken post in the first place.

And, as discussed at length earlier in the post, it turned out that you didn't comprehend the difference between people asking you:

"Can you prove for 100% certain that your God exists?"

and people asking you:

"Is any evidence, even the slightest bit, supporting your theory that your God exists?"

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:29 AM

You're so obvious. This begs a new post.

Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting im_not_trollin:

And, as discussed at length earlier in the post, it turned out that you didn't comprehend the difference between people asking you:

"Can you prove for 100% certain that your God exists?"

and people asking you:

"Is any evidence, even the slightest bit, supporting your theory that your God exists?"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured