Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Prove that God doesn't exist.

Prove that science is infallible.

Prove that we evolved from other primates while those primates still exist in animal form.

Prove that the human race evolved from lower life forms even though realistic ancient art shows we have not changed for 10's of thousands of years (i.e. frescoes uncovered from Pompeii, or Egyptian art from the kingdom of Ahknaten).

Or better yet, that mummies and other remains found show we haven't changed either.

Tell me what you saw when you witnessed the moment of creation.

ETA:  God is described as a superior being, the creator of the universe. If you say there is no God, that God did not create the universe, then you yourselves would have to be gods to know this. You can argue that you have seen no evidence of God, which does not discount that other's have; however, you can still say you don't believe...but you can never say God does not exist and have that be a true statement, because you are not omnisicent. In truth, if you do not believe in God, you can only say you don't feel that He exists - you can not, without a doubt, with certainty, nor definitively say that there is no God. Nor can you likewise dispute how this world and it's inhabitants came into being, and in their current state. Not unless you could prove you were there at the time of creation and to consciously, truthfully testify what actually happened.

Furthermore, due to the fallability of humans, and that science was created /employed by humans, science is imperfect. In regard to the theory of evolution, which directly goes against what would be a literal understanding of creation in the Bible, you could never say that evolution is a superior theory about creation versus Creationism. You could never say evolution is right and Creationism is wrong. You would also have to have been present at the time of creation to assert this as definitive truth.

For this reason, no one can ever say there is no God, and no one can ever say that God did not create Adam out of the earth.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM

No that's not what I am saying.

Quoting krysstizzle:

So are you saying that if we can't see it, we can't know whether or not it happened or is true?

Quoting buttersworth:

Nope.

That's why creationism can't be discredited in favor of the big bang theory...because none of us were here.

Quoting TSNDDY:

I wasn't here at the moment of creation to see anything. Were you?

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM
4 moms liked this

Do you fucking love science, too? :D

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Quoting krysstizzle:

2. Science is not infallible and has never claimed to be. "People keep saying 'Science doesn't know everything!' Well, science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" 

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM

LOL

Ok.

Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting krysstizzle:

So are you saying that if we can't see it, we can't know whether or not it happened or is true?

Quoting buttersworth:

Nope.

That's why creationism can't be discredited in favor of the big bang theory...because none of us were here.

Quoting TSNDDY:

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Oh, thank you. So do you know what faith is? Please explain.

Quoting Peanutx3:

You can't prove God exists.  It takes faith be believe that's kinda the point.

Quoting buttersworth:

Ok, where would you like me to start?

Quoting im_not_trollin:

We could say the same shit to Christians... Prove that God does exist...

Aslen
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM
13 moms liked this
OP, as a Christian, please stfu.

You do nothing for us.
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM
10 moms liked this

Yep. :) I also found this on their page.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Do you fucking love science, too? :D

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Quoting krysstizzle:

2. Science is not infallible and has never claimed to be. "People keep saying 'Science doesn't know everything!' Well, science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" 

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Oh hey, great responses to all of the points brought up so far. 

Deep.~

Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting buttersworth:

Nope.

Quoting TSNDDY:

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

There are Creation Stories that are Older then the Bible.. It doesn't make any of them wrong..  You cant Prove God exists because it requires Faith and Faith is subjective to the person with Faith. Science changes with the times it like people Evolves as the technology progresses to allow us to learn or dig deeper. You don't need faith to prove Science but need Faith to prove a God exists. 

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM
3 moms liked this

I have many Christian friends who would find this whole premise quite insulting. 

Stupid knows no categorical bounds, unfortunately. 

Quoting Aslen:

OP, as a Christian, please stfu.

You do nothing for us.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM
10 moms liked this

Yes I do know what faith is.  In spite of all that has happened in my life I have faith that God exists.  He may not be as involved as I once thought but I do have faith that he exists.  Science and God can coexist together.

Quoting buttersworth:

Oh, thank you. So do you know what faith is? Please explain.

Quoting Peanutx3:

You can't prove God exists.  It takes faith be believe that's kinda the point.

Quoting buttersworth:

Ok, where would you like me to start?

Quoting im_not_trollin:

We could say the same shit to Christians... Prove that God does exist...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)