Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were in a public place .........

Would you feel comfortable with this man being ten feet away from you and your family? If not, what would you do?

Would you call the police?

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (331-339):
Redwall
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I'd not feel uncomfortable even a bit... in fact, I'd feel safer!  Call the police?  Why?  If you state has concealed carry laws, chances are he's got a permit.

stormcris
by Christy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I don't have an issue with it. Then again being that most places I go to eat I am used to seeing officers with guns like that eating around me. 

LIMom1105
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Where I live? I would get the hell out of there. Maybe in another area it is normal to see. Not where I live unless you are a criminal.

Same here. It would be downright scary.  I would get out of there and call the police, not normal in my neck of the woods at all.

Andreaaa81
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I live in Dubai. I think some people have guns in their homes but it is not prevalent. I know that it is not legal for MOST residents here to have guns. But this is a place where some people have rights to things where others do not. That is just how it is. Also, I was not raised in a gun country. It is hard for me to see the need for them,

That is exactly why I am asking...Are there violent criminals in your area?

I think it is a bit funny that living in the Middle East we do not own guns where many people might think we would. But in the USA, home of the brave, people are packing.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Where do you live? Are there criminals that will use guns to kill you in your area? How prevalent is your crime?  Our neighborhood is not a high crime area, but we live in our states capital and downtown, as well as other areas, can be dangerous.  We believe in personal responsibility and personal safety.  It's like having a spare tire in your car. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Quoting Andreaaa81:

WHY?? Does he do it just because he can or does he feel that he needs it for his own safety? Do you live in a dangerous place?

I am not American. The idea of gun possession is foreign to me. Explain.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

It wouldn't bother me, but my husband and I both have carry permits and my husband is usually carrying.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I would be stunned. I've never seen anyone wearing a gun
Diane1223
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Wouldn't Bother me, my dad always carried a gun and yes, he has a permit to carry it.
witchybabymomma
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I would not call the police I would assume he has a permit to carry, but I am not sure I would stay there if I had my child with me just because you never know

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on May. 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I have less of a problem with him than I do with the woman I saw at Target.

She had a loose belt with a holster and gun (it appeared to be a holster belt.)  

Her two kids (at waist level) were completely unruly and she and her husband were totally oblivious.  

If someone came in shooting, I'm not looking at her as a "safe" person.  

Mayra99
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Doesn't bother me. He has to have a license to open carry, which means he had to go thru a thorough licensing process. If he, for any miniscule reason, was not capable, he would not be able to open carry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured