Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What makes the Bible/Qu'ran any different than the other collections of myths throughout history?

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes, I'm asking a religious question. Either answer it or don't but if you feel the need to insult me about it- then don't waste your time and just move on.

I have asked this question numerous time in the 6 years I've been on CM and the only answer I've ever gotten was 'faith'.

I don't accept that response- it answers nothing.

There HAS to be something in that particuar collection of stories that is different which would make it true while all others 'myths' are not. What do you see when reading the bible that you don't see in other- even older religions that makes you believe it to be real/true while denying the others and calling them man-made myths?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (121-122):
Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Are we only looking at those two?

CherrieFaeries
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Thanks for posting this. I thought Satanists worshiped Satan. I had to look some of this up, but it's rather interesting. I also want to say that I love your comments OwlNuggets. Not just here, but in other forums as well.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I'm a LaVeyan Satanist, so while we do appreciate Crowley's work, we're (I'M) less inclined for the supernatural and ritualistic side of Satanic history though it does still exist within this particular sect of the Church.
It really, in a lot of ways, IS about sticking it NOT to the innocent Christian believers but to the Organized Church itself. The Satanic Church was named because of the power the word "Satan" holds and power is, indeed, a precious thing.
Satanists worship self, are all about the primal fact that we have but One life to live and to give a single precious drop of it away or starve ourselves of the pleasures of life is stupid. (In a nutshell) 
We feel that faith is a good thing while Organized Religion is not.
I feel like I was born to be a Satanist and when I met my husband who gave me LaVey's book I felt for the first time that my way of thinking was all written down in a handy little book for reference.
I don't mind the negative stereotypes attached to my religion. If you don't understand or don't wish to try, then you're not someone I choose to associate with.

Quoting tambrathegreat:

As a Pagan, I've always wondered what the attraction to Satanism is, and no, I'm not being facetious or confrontational.   I read Crowley's book and some Gardner, but it seemed to me that it was more about putting it in the face of Christians. Did I get that wrong?  What drew you to it? Do you mind the negative stereotype that your religion draws?  Does it bother you that people ask you these question?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)