Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What makes the Bible/Qu'ran any different than the other collections of myths throughout history?

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes, I'm asking a religious question. Either answer it or don't but if you feel the need to insult me about it- then don't waste your time and just move on.

I have asked this question numerous time in the 6 years I've been on CM and the only answer I've ever gotten was 'faith'.

I don't accept that response- it answers nothing.

There HAS to be something in that particuar collection of stories that is different which would make it true while all others 'myths' are not. What do you see when reading the bible that you don't see in other- even older religions that makes you believe it to be real/true while denying the others and calling them man-made myths?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
tooptimistic
by Kelly on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Wow. You have made enough anti religion posts, that I have changed my mind and decided to become Atheist.   

You obviously think any religion is a myth, so why keep poking at it?

Didn't answer my question.

Move along.

You posted the Christian challenge right, where Christians were supposed to deny being Christian by wearing an Atheist shirt for a week, right?

If you don't believe in religion at all, there is nothing any one could possibly say to you that would be an answer. 

I posted an article that someone ELSE wrote. I didn't make up the challenge myself.

Am I just supposed to not post any religious articles that appear in news feeds because well... I don't believe in god? It's NEWS, it's a CURRENT EVENT  and it's a HOT TOPIC.  I don't JUST post religious things, you know,  but everyone sure has tunnel vision and thinks I do.

As for the answer. It's a simple question that any believer can answer. They can make me a list of items contained in the bible compared to other myths that shows how one is real while the other is not. Telling me 'I have faith' and that's why it's real and the other myths are not is not an un-answer.

I think that's the same attitude the baker lady had when she was posting all the bad Muslim posts.  Its the exact same mentality.

So what? She's not supposed to post articles showing the bad side of Islam because it might hurt a Muslim's feelings? If it's in the news and it's happening or if it's someone opinion, why not post about it? Should we all ignore it instead?

How about religious people stop doing stupid ass shit and then there would BE no more negative articles about it? How about they stop fighting, killing, sticking their beliefs in the Government and do only good, postive things and then we can all post nice articles?

eye rolling

SuperChicken
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this

The Bible and Koran are not any different than any other collection of religious stories.   And in fact, many parts are pretty much knock offs of prior ones.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Quoting tooptimistic:

Really?  Every time I see you post it is bashing religion.

How about you search my posts and see that what you've said is absolute bullshit. I post about many topics but it just so happens that the religious ones are the posts that get the most attention.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Wow. You have made enough anti religion posts, that I have changed my mind and decided to become Atheist.   

Move along.

You posted the Christian challenge right, where Christians were supposed to deny being Christian by wearing an Atheist shirt for a week, right?

If you don't believe in religion at all, there is nothing any one could possibly say to you that would be an answer. 

I posted an article that someone ELSE wrote. I didn't make up the challenge myself.

Am I just supposed to not post any religious articles that appear in news feeds because well... I don't believe in god? It's NEWS, it's a CURRENT EVENT  and it's a HOT TOPIC.  I don't JUST post religious things, you know,  but everyone sure has tunnel vision and thinks I do.

As for the answer. It's a simple question that any believer can answer. They can make me a list of items contained in the bible compared to other myths that shows how one is real while the other is not. Telling me 'I have faith' and that's why it's real and the other myths are not is not an un-answer.

I think that's the same attitude the baker lady had when she was posting all the bad Muslim posts.  Its the exact same mentality.

So what? She's not supposed to post articles showing the bad side of Islam because it might hurt a Muslim's feelings? If it's in the news and it's happening or if it's someone opinion, why not post about it? Should we all ignore it instead?

How about religious people stop doing stupid ass shit and then there would BE no more negative articles about it? How about they stop fighting, killing, sticking their beliefs in the Government and do only good, postive things and then we can all post nice articles?

eye rolling

You need to stop rolling your eyes and answer my damn question instead. Or can't you? Won't even try and instead rather attack and insult me like a bitch? 

IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Has there been one reply yet that actually tries to answer my question?

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Move along.

eye rolling

You need to stop rolling your eyes and answer my damn question instead. Or can't you? Won't even try and instead rather attack and insult me like a bitch? 

The Bible is the written Word of God.  It is not a fable with a moral attached. The Bible is not a Myth.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I have no idea. I want to believe it is simply the number of people that believe.

Then again, I follow a path many believe to be long dead
IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Quoting Sekirei:

I have no idea. I want to believe it is simply the number of people that believe.

Then again, I follow a path many believe to be long dead

This has always intrigued me as well. You would think if people wanted to believe in a god (s) (esses), they would believe in the oldest ones known. Wouldn't those be the originals and the others that came after, the imitators?

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't consider either the Bible or Qu'ran books of myths. 

IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I don't consider either the Bible or Qu'ran books of myths. 

Why?  What makes them different from myths?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)