Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Sarah Palin Criticizes White House Correspondents Dinner, Calls Them 'A** Clowns'

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM
  • 48 Replies

Sarah Palin Criticizes White House Correspondents Dinner, Calls Them 'A** Clowns'

article image
By Ashley Davis, Sun, April 28, 2013

Sarah Palin, former vice presidential nominee, recently took to Twitter to criticize the annual White House Correspondents' dinner.

On Saturday, she tweeted, "That #WHCD was pathetic. The rest of America is out there working our a**es off while these DC a** clowns throw themselves a #nerdprom."

Palin was not invited to this year's event, but was invited, and attended, after-parties two years ago. One of the parties was hosted by Bloomberg and Vanity Fair while the other was hosted by MSNBC. That morning, she also was at a brunch held by multimillionaire Mark Erin.

Palin's daughter Bristol attended the parties with her and was also seen at a pre-party thrown by TIME, CNN, People magazine and Fortune.

Twitter must not have been good enough for Palin to express her anger about the dinner, as she also posted on Facebook.

"Yuk it up media and pols," she wrote. "While America is buried in taxes and a fight for our rights, the permanent political class in DC dresses u and has a prom to make fun of themselves. No need for that, we get the real joke."

Sources: Daily Mail, NY Daily News

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM
16 moms liked this

Aww, butthurt is not a good look for her...is she seriously whining because her 15 minutes of irrelevance are up?

I also think it's hilarious that she's trying to poke at politicians and media...I mean, come on, she quit her 'job' in politics so she could play on TV...she's calling herself an assclown...

Side note, I just got myself banned from Sarah Palin's FB page, bwahahahaha...all I said was "I don't understand why you posted this. You quit your 'job' in politics so you could play on TV...by your own definition, you are a joke"...

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Classy.

And so ironic it hurts.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Really!?

That's pretty damn awesome.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Aww, butthurt is not a good look for her...is she seriously whining because her 15 minutes of irrelevance are up?

I also think it's hilarious that she's trying to poke at politicians and media...I mean, come on, she quit her 'job' in politics so she could play on TV...she's calling herself an assclown...

Side note, I just got myself banned from Sarah Palin's FB page, bwahahahaha...all I said was "I don't understand why you posted this. You quit your 'job' in politics so you could play on TV...by your own definition, you are a joke"...

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Yup...took less than a minute...they have that damn page locked down tighter than Fort Knox...zero dissenting opinions...haha...

Quoting Momniscient:

Really!?

Quoting LucyMom08:

IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Quoting LucyMom08:

Excellent! lol.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM

She's the last person that should be calling anyone an assclown.  Just sayin'.

GLWerth
by Gina on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Isn't she so very 'relevent' these days that even Fox News doesn't want her anymore?

Sounds like someone is upset that she wasn't invited to the party.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

She must feel like she's not getting enough attention recently. 

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Snicker. That makes my day!!!

Quoting LucyMom08:

Yup...took less than a minute...they have that damn page locked down tighter than Fort Knox...zero dissenting opinions...haha...

Quoting Momniscient:

Really!?

Quoting LucyMom08:

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Hmm, seems like I should remember that name. But at the same time it feels so irrelevant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)