Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive mother forced 14-year-old girl to artificially inseminate herself seven times

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this

UK Mother Forces 14-Year-Old To Artificially Inseminate Seven Times

Share this with a friend

Follow us and never miss a story!

article image
By Sarah Rae Fruchtnicht, Mon, April 29, 2013

A 14-year-old girl in the UK was forced to artificially inseminate herself seven times before becoming pregnant at the age of 16 because her adoptive mother wanted another child.

The teen, who has not been identified, had a miscarriage at the age of 14, but her mother insisted she continue trying to get pregnant. Her mother, who was told she could not adopt a fourth child, bought sperm off of the internet. She claimed she did not want to impregnate herself because of a health condition, so she forced it on her daughter, who alleges she was too frightened of her mother to refuse.

Court documents in the case were previously undisclosed, likely due to the teen's age. Now court judgment in the shocking case can be reported. The mother, who cannot be named without identifying her daughter and grandchild, pleaded guilty to child cruelty and is now serving five years in prison.

Trial judge Justice Jackson expressed "an abiding sense of disbelief that a parent could behave in such a wicked and selfish way towards a vulnerable child."

Jackson's ruling stated the teen "became pregnant at her mother's request, using donor sperm bought by the mother, with the purposes of providing a fourth child for the mother to bring up as her own."

The mother sometimes obtained sperm through an international sperm bank based in Denmark and on at least one occasion had a sperm donor come to their home.

"The AI [artificial insemination] was planned when A [the daughter] was 13, began when she was 14 and ended when she became pregnant with D [her child]," said Jackson.

The mother also believed that using painful douches made of vinegar and lemon juice would make the teen conceive a girl baby, forcing these on her daughter as well.

Only after the child was born did anyone realize what had occurred. Her mother did not want the baby to know who the real mother was. "The truth was only discovered at the birth. Midwives were alarmed at the ‘pushy and insensitive' mother, who tried to prevent her daughter breastfeeding the newborn, saying ‘we don't want any of that attachment thing.'"

The teen told investigators that she was "shocked" when her mother asked her to conceive a child for her. She claimed that she thought, "if I do this ... maybe she will love me more."

Sources: The Guardian, The Telegraph

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Whoa. I hope that they punish the woman to the fullest extent of the law. Even though, I don't think that will be enough.
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Wait...I thought you only post religion bashing posts? LOL 

This...this is twisted and sick. 

LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Wtf!!!!!!
LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Five years doesn't seem long enough. This adoptive girl will now have to parent this child for the rest of her life. Wtf.
IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Wait...I thought you only post religion bashing posts? LOL 

This...this is twisted and sick. 

I'm sure someone will say I posted this after the fact just to make it seem like I don't. lol.

I watched something on tv a while ago about some girl who was kept basically a prisoner by her mother and father and forced to have sex with her father over and over because they mother wanted a boy and had only girls. I think the daughter got pregnant 3 or 4 times and only one of the babies- a boy, survived.

There are some SICK people out there, no doubt.

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Oh god that is so sad

OwlNuggets
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

catrig
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

throwing up

That is so horrible.

beesbad
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Adoptive parents need to be screened more thoroughly. When we adopted our daughter out of the foster care system we were fingerprinted and background checked, had to answer a questionaire, took some classes, and had a home safety check. My sister and her husband adopted achild at birth and had to jump through far fewer hoops than we did. I think all prospective adoptive parents should undergo psychological screening.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this

What a pathetic, twisted, evil human being this woman is?  Who in the hell allowed her to adopt anyone in the first place.  Now a vulnerable 14 year old has a child of her own.  I do hope that the British government does everything for this young lady as they are responsible for allowing this nut job to adopt and abuse her.  Sick!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured