Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Topless in the Country of Hijab?

Posted by   + Show Post

'Muslim women against FEMEN' - we got a letter with this title after our worldwide demonstration Topless Jihad to support the Tunisian feminist Amina Tyler and the freedom of Arab women everywhere. I asked myself who are the authors of the letter? FEMEN is a movement with history, with ideology, a manifesto and clear activity. The letter is obviously written not in feminist rhetoric at all, they are making accusations of racism.

Being born in post USSR country (Ukraine) I know exactly that it's a common trait of dictatorial countries to promote the official position of the government pretending that it's backed by the people.

I don't deny the fact that there Muslim women who will say they are free and the hijab is their choice and right.

For example, like this sweet lady:

2013-04-07-younggirl.JPG

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
AlekD
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Not in a million years, honey.

Quoting annabl1970:

YEP, basically this:

a world with religions that are only in your houses or churches and don't appear in other places.

Quoting AlekD:

So basically, your answer to religious extremeism and terrorism is to enforce dont ask, dont tell on all the religious people in the world (thats 84% of the world population) because atheists (16% of the world population) think that our deepest held belief is a "fantasy?"

Quoting annabl1970:

"Often, before going to sleep I dream about a world with religions that are only in your houses or churches and don't appear in other places. And do you know what I see? I see the world without Serbs, Croats and Muslims being massacred, without 9/11, without witch-hunts, without 7/7, a world without suicide bombers and without the Taliban, without Israeli/Palestinian wars, without persecution of Jews as 'Christ-killers', without Nothern Ireland troubles, without Crusades, a world where are no public beheadings of blasphemers and no flogging of female skin for the crime of showing an inch of it."

bravo Irina!!!

Anonopotamus
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Until the revolution hijab was illegal in public in Tunisia, polygamy is also illegal in Tunisia, even still with a Muslim majority government.

Femen would look less idiotic in this circumstance if they knew a thing about the country they are addressing.
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Explain:)

So you for theocracy?

Quoting AlekD:

Quoting annabl1970:

YEP, basically this:

a world with religions that are only in your houses or churches and don't appear in other places.

Quoting AlekD:

So basically, your answer to religious extremeism and terrorism is to enforce dont ask, dont tell on all the religious people in the world (thats 84% of the world population) because atheists (16% of the world population) think that our deepest held belief is a "fantasy?"

Quoting annabl1970:

"Often, before going to sleep I dream about a world with religions that are only in your houses or churches and don't appear in other places. And do you know what I see? I see the world without Serbs, Croats and Muslims being massacred, without 9/11, without witch-hunts, without 7/7, a world without suicide bombers and without the Taliban, without Israeli/Palestinian wars, without persecution of Jews as 'Christ-killers', without Nothern Ireland troubles, without Crusades, a world where are no public beheadings of blasphemers and no flogging of female skin for the crime of showing an inch of it."

bravo Irina!!!

Anonopotamus
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
By the way, there are topless beaches in Tunisia.

Have you ever been there? It's a neat little country.
AlekD
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I am for people being free to practice their religion in public and vote according to their beliefs.

Quoting annabl1970:

Explain:)

So you for theocracy?

Quoting AlekD:

Quoting annabl1970:

YEP, basically this:

Quoting AlekD:

Quoting annabl1970:

bravo Irina!!!

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Topless Tunisian Activist Amina Tyler was treatned with death by stoning  for half-nude pictures. That what Femen was addressing BTW

Quoting Anonopotamus:

Until the revolution hijab was illegal in public in Tunisia, polygamy is also illegal in Tunisia, even still with a Muslim majority government.

Femen would look less idiotic in this circumstance if they knew a thing about the country they are addressing.

Aslen
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Ever worn hijab op?
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM

*Waves hand* I have!

Quoting Aslen:

Ever worn hijab op?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

AlekD
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I first started covering my head when i was pagan. I thought i was the only one :X *high fives*

Quoting paganbaby:

*Waves hand* I have!

Quoting Aslen:

Ever worn hijab op?

AlekD
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Claiming to speak on behalf of all women and telling those with different values that they are wrong and should be ashamed is the opposite of feminism. Btw.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN