Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Tsarnaev family received $100G in benefits

Posted by   + Show Post

The Tsarnaev family, including the suspected terrorists and their parents, benefited from more than $100,000 in taxpayer-funded assistance — a bonanza ranging from cash and food stamps to Section 8 housing from 2002 to 2012, the Herald has learned.

“The breadth of the benefits the family was receiving was stunning,” said a person with knowledge of documents handed over to a legislative committee today.

The state has handed over more than 500 documents to the 11-member House Post Audit and Oversight Committee, which today met for the first time and plans to call in officials from the Department of Transitional Assistance to testify.

“I can assure members of the public that this committee will actively review every single piece of information we can find because clearly the public has a substantial right to know what benefits, if any, this family or individuals accused of some horrific crimes were receiving,” said state Rep. David Linsky (D-Natick), the committee’s chairman.

Linsky’s committee has requested documents from the DTA, the state’s Medicaid director and Health and Human Services Secretary John Polanowicz. But so far the committee has not released the records publicly, citing a privilege the DTA is asserting under state law.

Transitional assistance officials also told the Herald tonight that the agency was conducting its own investigation into whether Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s family ever notified the DTA about his extended trip to Russia, and has since expanded its probe to include a full history of the benefits received by the entire Tsarnaev family.

source

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Where are ya'll hiding the machine that makes it possible to see what people are going to do in the future? If you are hiding this technology, you are doing the world a disservice.
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Area 51

Quoting jllcali:

Where are ya'll hiding the machine that makes it possible to see what people are going to do in the future? If you are hiding this technology, you are doing the world a disservice.

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Obama is hiding the machine because, well, you know he's a Muslim that wants to kill all Americans. Lol

Quoting jllcali:

marmie41
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM
After what happened to Chaney, no was in hell was he going to be a duck hunter. That is why he golfs all the damn time. LOL

Quoting Billiejeens:

I think that they will simply add on a wing to the United States Golfers Association building for him.

Quoting marmie41:

It was a Presidential Library. All former presidents have them. So will Obama when he is out of office.

Quoting -Celestial-:

The biggest terrorist are in congress. We pay them a hell of a lot more than that....Hell one just got their very own library....Go figure

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Not saying I don't believe it, because I would not doubt it one bit.

But I'd like to see this proof versus hearing it from some trusted source who cannot reveal who they are.

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow, finally.   It has taken years to finally get you to admit that.

Quoting trippyhippy:

Obama is hiding the machine because, well, you know he's a Muslim that wants to kill all Americans. Lol

Quoting jllcali:

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this

what happened to Chaney?

Actually I like that he golfs all the time.   Every time he is out golfing, he isn't screwing up something else in the country.

Quoting marmie41:

After what happened to Chaney, no was in hell was he going to be a duck hunter. That is why he golfs all the damn time. LOL

Quoting Billiejeens:

I think that they will simply add on a wing to the United States Golfers Association building for him.

Quoting marmie41:

It was a Presidential Library. All former presidents have them. So will Obama when he is out of office.

Quoting -Celestial-:

The biggest terrorist are in congress. We pay them a hell of a lot more than that....Hell one just got their very own library....Go figure

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I don't understand the point of this...they received help, just like millions of other families in the US...

How does that equate ro the 2 sons being terrorists?

Unless you are trying to say that all welfare recipients are terrorists, or will become terrorists, I don't get tje point here...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Dick Chaney? Our VP who accidentally shot his hunting partner in the face?

Quoting candlegal:

who is Chaney, and what happened to him?

Actually I like that he golfs all the time.   Every time he is out golfing, he isn't screwing up something else in the country.

Quoting marmie41:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting marmie41:

Quoting -Celestial-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I actually like you...please tell me you aren't that crazy...haha...

Quoting candlegal:

Wow, finally.   It has taken years to finally get you to admit that.

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting jllcali:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)