Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Sex Contracts

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 42 Replies

I've never heard of this...thoughts?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/29/relationship-contracts-growing-in-popularity-with-married-and-unmarried-couples/

Relationship Contracts Growing In Popularity With Married And Unmarried Couples

Experts: Putting Sex In Writing Could Make Your Union Even Stronger

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A new trend has some couples turning to lawyers to help save their relationships.

“I promise you that I am going to be making sure that you’re having more fun, more dates, and more time of mine,” Gregg Sullivan told his wife, Toni Mantus.

But unlike many of the promises made during a relationship, this one is part of a written contract. The couple told CBS 2′s Dick Brennan that, with the help of an attorney, they have put everything in writing, including how often they have sex.

“You want to try for once or twice a week. It’s nice to have a contract and say, look, we did agree to this,” explained sex therapist and marriage counselor Gracie Landes.

Landes told CBS 2 that the agreements are growing in popularity with both married and unmarried couples but that not everybody is on board with the idea of scheduling sex.

“That’s like putting paperwork into something that’s really supposed to be natural,” said one woman.

While many people were concerned about the loss of spontaneity that could come with a contract, experts said that the agreements come with some bonuses.

“I have found there can be a lot of joy in having structure and knowing what’s going to happen,” Landes explained.

Mantus and Sullivan had their relationship provisions drawn up by their attorney as part of their prenuptial agreement.

“We’re seeing the evolution of so called ‘lifestyle clauses,’ which really answer the question, what do we want the marriage to be like? What types of activities are we going to be engaging in? Where are we going on vacation?” explained attorney Ann Margaret Carrozza.

Enforcement of the contracts is not guaranteed.

“If someone wants a sex schedule, two times a week, or three times a week, I can’t take that agreement into a courtroom and ask that it be enforced,” Carrozza explained.

The agreements are not not legally binding, according to experts,  but serve as a symbolic way to bind couples.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:39 AM
10 moms liked this

I can't wait to see one of these pop up on Judge Judy.  

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Hmmm. I'm not married, but it sounds just...I'm not even sure what word I'm looking for. Weird? Silly? Unnecessary?

Why get married to someone if you can't have discussions about what you want your marriage to be like and trust them to hold their end without a lawyer and contract? I find it quite ludicrous, honestly.

romalove
by Roma on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM
9 moms liked this

My daughter is 17.  She wants to get a nose piercing.  Her conservative boyfriend mulled this over for a few moments, and then told her she can get as many piercings as she wants, tattoos up and down her arm, and he will still be there next to her.

She didn't get the piercing, but she is still dating the boy.  I share this story because this is what it's supposed to be about, supporting each other, looking past superficial stuff, not signing papers demanding things be a certain way.

You're supposed to work together and try to please each other.  If you need a contract to enforce that, you are in big trouble.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome. He could teach men a lot older than him a few lessons. 

Quoting romalove:

My daughter is 17.  She wants to get a nose piercing.  Her conservative boyfriend mulled this over for a few moments, and then told her she can get as many piercings as she wants, tattoos up and down her arm, and he will still be there next to her.

She didn't get the piercing, but she is still dating the boy.  I share this story because this is what it's supposed to be about, supporting each other, looking past superficial stuff, not signing papers demanding things be a certain way.

You're supposed to work together and try to please each other.  If you need a contract to enforce that, you are in big trouble.

Yurixsi
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I kinda agree. Alot of woman forget to be wifes when they have children..
Tag3.0
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I plan on having a sex section in my pre-nup

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM

No contracts, just KY Yours & Mine! We are good! No false advertising there!wink miniI know TMI!

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Now THAT might get me to turn on daytime tv!

Quoting momtoscott:

I can't wait to see one of these pop up on Judge Judy.  

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

4music
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:41 AM
4 moms liked this
Or....people could just spend more time talking to their partner and building their relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM
3 moms liked this

This is ... dumb.

Have we really gotten to a place in society where we have to have lawyers draft contracts about how often we have sex, or go on vacation?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)