Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why is HATE the only option towards the Tzarnev family?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 141 Replies
6 moms liked this

I mentioned to a group of friends that i felt sorry for their mother, and they jumped all over me & called me a "sympathizer" . Well...yes, i guess i am. As a mother, no matter who you are...losing a child has got to be the WORST. This does not mean in any freaking way that i condone their behavior...i am in fact VERY mad. I am a Boston native & grew up in Watertown MA. I woke up seeing a news clip right outside my mom's house. I took it very personally...so yes...i am pissed.

But, why do i have to hate them? I actually try to practice "love they neighbor"...how does that translate into supporting terrorosts? Do, i want the other brother to die? No...i don't. Do i want him to be treated with Justice? Yeah...I do. I guess that makes me a terrorist supporter...but really, I just try to do what Jesus would do.

Which makes me wonder...What WOULD Jesus do with the Tzarnev brothers, or any terrorist for that matter?

Thanks for reading thoughts :)

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheQueenOfChaos
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM
10 moms liked this

I don't feel sorry for the mother, not after learning she was on a terror watch list for radicalized behaviors. She's probably the reason her kids are radicalized.

However, I DO feel sorry for the aunts and uncles who had nothing to do with this. And for the wife. And especially his child. She's going to be tortured and likely bullied no matter where she lives in this country because her father was a terrorist. She's likely going to be on every watch list because people are going to assume she's been taught to act the same way. I feel extremely horrible for what this poor child will have to face over her parents actions.

AlekD
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM
9 moms liked this

I have to keep reminding people that sympathy and pity are two different things. It is possible to feel bad for someone without condoning or agreeing with their actions. I think this whole situation is just tragic and heartbreaking from every angle. For the people who died or were injured and their families, to Dzhokhar, just a kid who looked up to his brother too much, to the Tsarnaev family who worked so hard for so long to make a better life for their kids only to have it end this way. it's just sad. Everything about it is sad.

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM

That's a very good point. I wish i would have thought of that during my conversation with friends the other night. Pity would have been a better choice of words..

The whole situation is tragic, and i also feel sorry for everyone involved...especially their child.

Quoting AlekD:

I have to keep reminding people that sympathy and pity are two different things. It is possible to feel bad for someone without condoning or agreeing with their actions. I think this whole situation is just tragic and heartbreaking from every angle. For the people who died or were injured and their families, to Dzhokhar, just a kid who looked up to his brother too much, to the Tsarnaev family who worked so hard for so long to make a better life for their kids only to have it end this way. it's just sad. Everything about it is sad.

Tag3.0
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

I don't feel sorry for the mother, not after learning she was on a terror watch list for radicalized behaviors. She's probably the reason her kids are radicalized.

However, I DO feel sorry for the aunts and uncles who had nothing to do with this. And for the wife. And especially his child. She's going to be tortured and likely bullied no matter where she lives in this country because her father was a terrorist. She's likely going to be on every watch list because people are going to assume she's been taught to act the same way. I feel extremely horrible for what this poor child will have to face over her parents actions.

Lol, anyone can get on a watchlist.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way.  Viewing  situations from varies perspectives helps me to form objective opinions on many  things.  I do not judge from a entirely emotional level as I see many CM's do.  Searching for depth is akin to understanding; peelng back layers exposes what lies beneath any surface. 

Quoting AlekD:

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM

BUMP!

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:15 PM
4 moms liked this

Nope sorry I hate them. They are disgusting waste of human beings IMO. Them and the mother. She is nuts and blames the US for her sons terrorism. No thanks. It's not up to me to judge them for their after life, but I certainly will not cry when he is sent to meet his maker.

MelanieJK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM
3 moms liked this

These are the people who send their little 14 year old girls to Israel to blow themselves up in public places and then celebrate in the streets.     Refresh your memory about that before you boohoohoo about how she's just a mom.

She's doing the classic martyrdom act.    Why isn't she over here worrying about her precious baby who has been setup?    Would they be able to stop you from being here if you thought your kid was being set up?    They're not stopping her.    Fear of being questioned is stopping her.

Our reaction to her is based on that fact that she raised TWO,   not one,    TWO,   monsters that killed some of our kids.     She likely has ties to the same things that radicalized them.    

She represents  A REAL AND PRESENT DANGER TO OUR KIDS.       You can turn cartwheels to figure out how to defend her hate  but when you strip it all down,   we're momma bears proactively defending their young. 

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I don't hate any of them. I do want to see the one still alive put in jail for the rest of his life. 

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:02 PM
9 moms liked this

Mercy is just an an emotion I am NOT capable of for a man who can place a bomb beside an 8 year old boy and walk away and detonate it.

Had to edit to insert that "NOT"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)