Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why is HATE the only option towards the Tzarnev family?

Posted by   + Show Post

I mentioned to a group of friends that i felt sorry for their mother, and they jumped all over me & called me a "sympathizer" . Well...yes, i guess i am. As a mother, no matter who you are...losing a child has got to be the WORST. This does not mean in any freaking way that i condone their behavior...i am in fact VERY mad. I am a Boston native & grew up in Watertown MA. I woke up seeing a news clip right outside my mom's house. I took it very personally...so yes...i am pissed.

But, why do i have to hate them? I actually try to practice "love they neighbor"...how does that translate into supporting terrorosts? Do, i want the other brother to die? No...i don't. Do i want him to be treated with Justice? Yeah...I do. I guess that makes me a terrorist supporter...but really, I just try to do what Jesus would do.

Which makes me wonder...What WOULD Jesus do with the Tzarnev brothers, or any terrorist for that matter?

Thanks for reading thoughts :)

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Huh? Can you re-word this in a way that makes more sense?

I am a loving person. Never said i was %100 free from judgement...i am still a perfectly imperfect human being.

Quoting MelanieJK:

Oh didley squat.     You're being pretty damn judgemental for such a loving person.    

Look in your mirror for brainwashed.      Everything you said is spouted by certain folks five seconds after one of these things goes off.    Gosh,   just a coincidence?!    lol

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Peanutx3:

I don't hate people.  I can't bring myself to that emotion.  I choose to focus my energy towards the victims.  

Hate is not a natural emotion for me. I don't think I could even force myself to hate someone. My DH says if I'm ever mad at him, he just has to wait 30 seconds and I'll forget about it. I don't know how people can hold grudges either. 

MelanieJK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this

The legal system should be more refined.    Nobody is suggesting we should lynch her.

We're a free society where we encourage people to engage,  develop OPINIONS and share.    Attacking people by trying to ridicule and insult them is trying to shut down the free flow of ideas.    Labelling people as haters because they don't buy that she deserves our sympathy is an attempt to suppress.  

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Quoting samurai_chica:

We are also bombing some of their innocent children, but i guess it's OK when the US does it because we're killing Muslims, not Americans.

"these are the people"...lol...

You are just chalk full of assumptions.

Quoting MelanieJK:

These are the people who send their little 14 year old girls to Israel to blow themselves up in public places and then celebrate in the streets.     Refresh your memory about that before you boohoohoo about how she's just a mom.

She's doing the classic martyrdom act.    Why isn't she over here worrying about her precious baby who has been setup?    Would they be able to stop you from being here if you thought your kid was being set up?    They're not stopping her.    Fear of being questioned is stopping her.

Our reaction to her is based on that fact that she raised TWO,   not one,    TWO,   monsters that killed some of our kids.     She likely has ties to the same things that radicalized them.    

She represents  A REAL AND PRESENT DANGER TO OUR KIDS.       You can turn cartwheels to figure out how to defend her hate  but when you strip it all down,   we're momma bears proactively defending their young. 

There is no excuse,no ...nothing!!!  ARGH!   I want to see justice done to the bomber-and I do not care at all about that family,as long as they don't murder again.

MelanieJK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM

It's only "hate" because someone chose to use that word.     I could pick one of your emotions/scenarios and call it hate too.   

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM

His mother is more vocal and his wife hasn't really said much, I think that's the difference.  Most people I have talked to behave as if in converting to Islam she gave up her American citizenship.  Honestly, I probably feel for her because she reminds me of a friend, who is an American woman that converted to Islam in her 20's.  My friend and her fiance worked for the same company and he was doing some really dirty stuff to basically screw over the company.  They share a house, finances, everything, and she had no idea until the owner of the company personally called to tell her they were going to be arresting him in a few minutes but assured her they knew she had no knowledge and was welcome to keep her job.  It's not too far a stretch to see how this could happen to someone else.

Quoting samurai_chica:

People feel for his wife because she is American.

For all we know, she had a hand in all of it too....we know no more about her than we do his mother.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

The mother seems like a bit of a nut.  The one I feel for is the wife.  Not only did she lose her husband, but she learned he was not who she thought he was.  Women come on here all the time talking about how hurt they are that their husband cheated on them.  This guy lied about who he was, what he was doing, and planned an attack that ultimately killed 3 and wounded dozens of people.  The wife and child were deeply betrayed by someone they loved and will be shunned by society as a result.  It's tragic.

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Well, i have been told i am a simple person. But, your strange psychology won't work with me...your opinion about my mind are extremely unimportant to bring up into conversation, unless you are trying to make yourself look bigger. Then it would be important to you i guess...

There is a possibility that the mother is not to blame. Never said I'm "being understanding" just that it must suck to lose 1 and probably 2 sons after you just learned they are murderers.

Until i see verifiable evidence that she is to blame, i'm not going to blame her. And i am not going to hate her. Neither would Jesus.

Still....no one has shared what they think Jesus would do. Wonder why?

Quoting MelanieJK:

Your insults are simple minded as well,   that's a juvenile schoolyard tactic.

By using the word hate you didn't even start off this conversation with the intent of being open minded or discerning.   

I explained why we react to her that way.     It's self defense.    How in the heck anyone would react to somebody's child blowing up other children intentionally by worrying if we were being understanding enough to the poor mother defies common sense.  Good grief.     It's biology for crissake.    Is that basic enough for you?

RandRMomma
by Maya on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I agree.

Quoting AlekD:

I have to keep reminding people that sympathy and pity are two different things. It is possible to feel bad for someone without condoning or agreeing with their actions. I think this whole situation is just tragic and heartbreaking from every angle. For the people who died or were injured and their families, to Dzhokhar, just a kid who looked up to his brother too much, to the Tsarnaev family who worked so hard for so long to make a better life for their kids only to have it end this way. it's just sad. Everything about it is sad.

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM

lol...not labeling anyone. Don't worry, you are not a victim.

I also never said she "deserves" sympathy. I'm enjoying how you're taking your own turn on this.

"attacking people by trying to ridicule and insult them is trying to shut down the free flow of ideas"

EXACTLY.....people should stop ridiculing the mom & insulting her, it is shutting down the free flow of ideas. Oh wait...is that only allowed for Americans?

My intention is not to insult or ridicule anyone. If someome takes it that way, that is their own issue they need to deal with.

Quoting MelanieJK:

The legal system should be more refined.    Nobody is suggesting we should lynch her.

We're a free society where we encourage people to engage,  develop OPINIONS and share.    Attacking people by trying to ridicule and insult them is trying to shut down the free flow of ideas.    Labelling people as haters because they don't buy that she deserves our sympathy is an attempt to suppress.  

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:24 PM

In the days of Jesus I would say the Roman's were the organized terrorists. 

Jesus healed the ear of the Roman soldier who came to take him to his death. So maybe Jesus would have healed the older brother and cast out their demons or something. I don't know. 

I feel bad for them and I'm not religious at all. Losing a kid is awful. I feel bad for everyone involved. It's just another indication that humanity still has a long way to go. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)