Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why is HATE the only option towards the Tzarnev family?

Posted by   + Show Post

I mentioned to a group of friends that i felt sorry for their mother, and they jumped all over me & called me a "sympathizer" . Well...yes, i guess i am. As a mother, no matter who you are...losing a child has got to be the WORST. This does not mean in any freaking way that i condone their behavior...i am in fact VERY mad. I am a Boston native & grew up in Watertown MA. I woke up seeing a news clip right outside my mom's house. I took it very personally...so yes...i am pissed.

But, why do i have to hate them? I actually try to practice "love they neighbor"...how does that translate into supporting terrorosts? Do, i want the other brother to die? No...i don't. Do i want him to be treated with Justice? Yeah...I do. I guess that makes me a terrorist supporter...but really, I just try to do what Jesus would do.

Which makes me wonder...What WOULD Jesus do with the Tzarnev brothers, or any terrorist for that matter?

Thanks for reading thoughts :)

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Replies (41-50):
MelanieJK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:24 PM

The wife (and her family) immediately said they had no idea and that it was clear that they never really knew him.     That's why our reaction to her is different than to the mom who immediately started with the setup stuff.  

The mom could have insisted he couldn't possibly have done it etc.   She immediately accused the FBI... that's accusing us as a country of setting up her son for no damn reason.      People don't just pull that out of the top of their head. 

They didn't kill the guy they carjacked because he wasn't American.    The bombs were an attack on America and the mom immediately thinks FBI setup.     What a coincidence!  

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I used the word HATE because it was the chosen word used when i had this discussion with my friends. They believed if you don't hate them, you're with them. No other reason why i used that word, so you can stop over analyzing. Not worth your time...really...

Quoting MelanieJK:

It's only "hate" because someone chose to use that word.     I could pick one of your emotions/scenarios and call it hate too.   

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't feel sorry for the mother and I don't have hate in my heart for the "living" suspect. I'm not indifferent either. I do feel a strong sense of compassion and sympathy for the victims and for the families of the victims.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't "hate" them.

I feel sorry for the innocents of his family, but mostly I want to know WHY this happened. I want to know HOW.  I want to know why the uncle decided to separate his family from the rest because he didn't like it.  I want to know what, if anything, the mother and wife suspected, knew, were afraid of. 

However, it may be some time before any of us know the details.

MelanieJK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:31 PM

lol - like I said your words here aren't unique.    Perhaps you're just channelling what you've heard and aren't  aware of it.    But those you're channelling choose that word with purpose.

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM

She did insist that her sons were innocent, which is why she thinks they were set up because she is in disbelief that they would do that. MANY other countries are blaming US government...it's not uncommon, many Americans believe that. I have several looney friends who are convinced this was an inside job. Maybe the wife didn't mention a set up because she knew he was guilty...you could look at it both ways.

Truth is, people sympathize witht he wife because she is an American who everyone believes was brainwashed. She is a pretty, American girl who came from a Christian family...of course Americans are going to sympathize with her over a foreign women with a hijab, or however you spell it...

There is no reason to blindly believe the wife...she could easily be lying. Hell she married him...she had to know something, she had to know he was a radical at least a little. She may just be a little stinking traitor...we just don't know...

Quoting MelanieJK:

The wife (and her family) immediately said they had no idea and that it was clear that they never really knew him.     That's why our reaction to her is different than to the mom who immediately started with the setup stuff.  

The mom could have insisted he couldn't possibly have done it etc.   She immediately accused the FBI... that's accusing us as a country of setting up her son for no damn reason.    

MelanieJK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Yes we can agree on that.    Radical Islamists blame America for everything.     There's your first clue that maybe she might be one.

Who said we're blindly believing the wife.     I said she still needs to be checked out.   But her story is plausible and isn't consistant with how any of the past terrorists have responded when confronted (unlike the mom).   

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:38 PM

You never said my words aren't unique. That's the first time you said that. (cracking myself up here)

I have found a lot of hate in people's hearts...that is one thing i have become aware of. Loving thy neighbor seems only relevant when we want it to be relevant.

You are seriously over thinking this, but if it's amusing you...i guess have at it.

Quoting MelanieJK:

lol - like I said your words here aren't unique.    Perhaps you're just channelling what you've heard and aren't  aware of it.    But those you're channelling choose that word with purpose.

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM

No darling...not just radical muslims...

The good chunk of the world blames us for all kinds of shit, and a good chunk of them are not even Muslim, but Christian. Have you ever been out of the country? When i was in Europe last year, i was often greeted with an attitude. I was shocked to see how many Europeans hate Americans....and i only ran into a few Muslims, who were friends in UK, and they were super nice!

Her blaming America does not signify her radicalism, as many people outsidee the US, Muslim or not are blaming our governemt. You should read some news from around the world. It's very interesting the opinions that other people around the world have of us and of the Bostom bomnings.

Quoting MelanieJK:

Yes we can agree on that.    Radical Islamists blame America for everything.     There's your first clue that maybe she might be one

MelanieJK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I think you're trying too hard to find and see hate in hearts and not trying hard enough to develop a reasoned opinion.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)